• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

sd273

sd273

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Has anyone had any issues updating to BIOS version 1.5 on the P55M-GD45 using the DSDT 2.2 file that Aargh-a-Knot posted? I'm about to do so myself. Thanks!

Bodi79

Bodi79

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hello too all !

Anybody got sleep/wake issues with the Gd65.

I tried everything with different DSTS Files but it always goes too sleep for 5 seconds and wakes up again.

Wake Reason = GLAN EHC1 EHC2

Thanx in Advance !

System is a core i5 , MSI GD65, 8gigs DDR3 Ram, 1,5tb Samsung HDD, Samsung 223 DVD Burner, 8800gt Gfx Card

davidlytle

davidlytle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I have a P55-GD80 and a purchased retail 10.6.3 DVD from the apple store. I have ATI 5870 card. i5 750, set the bios to AHCI s3, not sure if the amount of cores anything to do with it. I managed to get to 13 mins remaining. I left it installing at 25 mins, came back 4 hours later and said 13 mins remailing. soooooo i force quit

Please advise if there are any other special bios setups for I5 p55-gd80. I did a ton of looking up and only found people having trouble with #####. it works fine, even used the new 5xxx disk and all is well with loading up the install screen. managed to get my HTCP working zotac GF9300 so I do have experience with snow leopard.

thanks in advance.

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 881 posts

I have a P55-GD80 and a purchased retail 10.6.3 DVD from the apple store. I have ATI 5870 card. i5 750, set the bios to AHCI s3, not sure if the amount of cores anything to do with it. I managed to get to 13 mins remaining. I left it installing at 25 mins, came back 4 hours later and said 13 mins remailing. soooooo i force quit

Please advise if there are any other special bios setups for I5 p55-gd80. I did a ton of looking up and only found people having trouble with #####. it works fine, even used the new 5xxx disk and all is well with loading up the install screen. managed to get my HTCP working zotac GF9300 so I do have experience with snow leopard.

thanks in advance.

I have the same board and CPU, originally installed with the 10.6.0 retail DVD and #####. This evening I tried another install using the 10.6.3 DVD. I now have 3-9400 GT video cards so I could not use ##### due to it's use of gfx enablers. Made a custom 8 Gb flash drive installer with my DSDT and files. Worked like a charm. I'm still having shutdown issues but I saw the shutdown fix earlier in the thread which I plan to add to my DSDT. HTH

EDIT: So much for that, shutdown fix didn't work for me. Is this board specific? I have the P55-GD80. I didn't really know where to put it either, but it looked like it might fit where I ended up placing it. DSDT is still pretty heady stuff to me. Any ideas?

dhy8386

dhy8386

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
EDIT: Have a nice working solution now. Editing my post:

All,

Some background. I was embarking to build a Hackintosh and needed to use a Micro ATX board. I also wanted an H-series board. I had read about the MSI H55M-ED55 board and it seemed like a real winner. The overclock genie feature is really nice for a simple, stable overclock without having to know how to do it. It also had good performance metrics in reviews i read.

I also have read some newer posts that MSI boards work very Vanilla and require very few edits to work with a Hackintosh. Well, I can confirm this to be the case. The following is my super stable build using this board along with my notes. DSDT.aml and edited boot file attached.

COMPUTER BUILD:
MB: MSI H55M-ED55 with bios version 1.6
Cooler: Stock for now
CPU: I7-870
Memory: Kingston 4GB (2x2) PC8500 1333
GPU: HIS 4670HD 1GB ddr3
HDD: 2 Western Digital Green 500GB drives (not raided)
DVD/BR Burner: Plextor Blu Ray Burner
Case: Zalman HD135

HACKINTOSH BUILD
- Using #####+##### (For me, I had to use #####-ATI as Unified caused problems)
- Kext options: Legacy889 for audio and the standard realtek 81XX drivers for LAN
- Edited DSDT (EDITS: RTC, DTGP, HPET, HDEF, CPU, Aliases fixes)
- E/E Folder: FakeSMC and LegacyHDA (for the realtek ALC889)
- SMBIOS: Chose the iMac i7

After the first install, I had to edit my boot file to make one very small change to enable my graphics card to work (it would show a black screen after the apple load). For my card, i had to change the framebuffer type from "motmot" to "flicker". Recompiled using the AsereBLN 1.1.9 bootloader (because it includes the restart fix whereas the source Chameleon RC4 does not). Then just added the "RestartFix=yes" string to my boot.plist.

System runs great and stable. See my notes below:

NOTES
- SpeedStep - Working in Vanilla version. Optimal bios settings are everything on and C-state set to C6. That allowed me to get best temps.
- Audio - Implemented HDEF fix for the ALC889. Audio works from SPDIF. Note however, that i have only been able to get 5.1 in certain apps the force detect dolby and DTS (ie plex and boxee).
- Network - I am using the released Realtek 81xx driver from #####
- Sleep - Works from Menu (startup from sleep np as well). Energy saver sleep only puts hard disk to sleep so i am using PleaseSleep which works perfectly to put hack to sleep and wake it.
- Restart and shutdown work.

Next goal is to learn how to remove the useless code from the DSDT and shrink it from the 8800+ lines as well as try and get native sleep working.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy