Cannot enter topic text

16 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, when I make a new topic on my Windows machines, the box that you type the first post in won't let me type anything in it. It doesn't even show the text cursor.

Firefox 3.6 on Windows definitely also shows this problem, and alos tried in safef mode to rule out extensions. Rolled back to Firefox 3.5.7 and works again. Obviously some incompatibility between Firefox 3.6 and the forum code.

Firefox 3.6 on Windows definitely also shows this problem, and alos tried in safef mode to rule out extensions. Rolled back to Firefox 3.5.7 and works again. Obviously some incompatibility between Firefox 3.6 and the forum code.

Same thing here... I tried 20 times but cannot type. I wont downgrade FF! : )

... using Safari instead ; )

Same thing here... I tried 20 times but cannot type. I wont downgrade FF! : )

... using Safari instead ; )

Is no one interested that FF 3.6 on Windows does not work with the forum? Come on mods and admins I posted large number of helpful posts on these boards and tried to help others, now we need some help.

I've submitted this to the tracker for fixing. No ETA but I hope it gets fixed soon :).

EDIT: I've just gone and checked this myself and can't reproduce it. While the line does not show up I'm still able to edit the text. Are there any other details that you can give to help reproduce the problem?

iPoco

I'm using Firefox on 10.5.8 Leopard. I can type (sometimes) but cannot delete quote text, or what I typed. I cannot select text and delete it or select another row (after quote). Hope this helps.

And yes, when I select text and press delete cursor moves tu first row! Craaazy!

Cheers,

an1r0n

I've submitted this to the tracker for fixing. No ETA but I hope it gets fixed soon :) .

EDIT: I've just gone and checked this myself and can't reproduce it. While the line does not show up I'm still able to edit the text. Are there any other details that you can give to help reproduce the problem?

iPoco

Same problem here with FF 3.6 on SL 10.6.2 , haven't tried it on Win yet.

I can use the Fast Reply only, but if i want to quote someone - the cursor disappears and the text doesn't enters.

• 2 weeks later...
We think this might be the issue. For now, until we have a fix, I can only recommend resorting to your not so favorite browsers :( if you want to post.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

iPoco

Thanks for the feedback looks like there is now a patch http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/3...or-ipboard-236/. Can you give an ETA as to when you could get the patch in?

In the meantime I will try with the basic editor selected in my Control panel settings.

Update: Works when set to basic editor!

Thanks for the feedback looks like there is now a patch http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/3...or-ipboard-236/. Can you give an ETA as to when you could get the patch in?

Thanks! It's been added into the tracker with high priority. Since it doesn't require code change it should be up in the next few days :).

iPoco

• 1 month later...

.. For me i want to start a topic ( today in hardare/graphic card/nvidia, its not possible to write inside the post field... can please someone check it ? ... never see it somewhere else :-/

I had to use Safari to make a new post here too. I started it in Firefox so I think I may have submitted it twice (or more). Relevant information: Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Firefox 3.6.3.

• 1 month later...

I thought it was some intelligence test for new forum users when making my first required post, since I couldn't even find a cursor or delete the highlighted quoted text. I'm sure it keeps the level of posting down, at least for Firefox users...

• 2 weeks later...