How long to boot up?

3 posts in this topic

Followed the xplodenet install guide right to the end, and after reboot it's been loading up for at least fifteen minutes. The little cursor thing is still moving so it's not frozen (I think... what the hell do I know?) but it's not booting into OSX. How long is this supposed to take? There's no hard drive activity either. Should I start again or continue to wait?

A64 3200+ Venice

2x512 Corsair ValueRAM

MSI Neo4 Platinum

Leadtek 6600GT Extreme (550/1100)

WD 80GB 7200 RPM ATA100

SB Live! Value

Pioneer DVR-109

Logitech MX1000

EDIT: I rebooted and used the -v option, and it keeps on repeating:

i-graphics /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow: Login Window Application Started

INIT_Processes(), could not establish the default connection to the WindowServer

What's going on? Does this have anything to do with the fact that, under the PPC installation, I checked internet connection via ethernet? Or is it something else?

Followed the xplodenet install guide right to the end, and after reboot it's been loading up for at least fifteen minutes.  The little cursor thing is still moving so it's not frozen (I think... what the hell do I know?) but it's not booting into OSX.  How long is this supposed to take?  There's no hard drive activity either.  Should I start again or continue to wait?

A64 3200+ Venice

2x512 Corsair ValueRAM

MSI Neo4 Platinum

Leadtek 6600GT Extreme (550/1100)

WD 80GB 7200 RPM ATA100

SB Live! Value

Pioneer DVR-109

Logitech MX1000

EDIT: I rebooted and used the -v option, and it keeps on repeating:

i-graphics /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow: Login Window Application Started

INIT_Processes(), could not establish the default connection to the WindowServer

What's going on?  Does this have anything to do with the fact that, under the PPC installation, I checked internet connection via ethernet?  Or is it something else?

That's interesting.... I've seen several people come up with this problem recently. From what I'm thinking my personal opinion is that it might be your graphics card being unsupported.