Linksys WMP54G wireless PCI card

JHO

32 posts in this topic

How do you add it to the info file

/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist

<string>pci14e4,4311</string>

<string>pci14e4,4312</string>

<string>pci14e4,4320</string>

<string>pci14e4,4324</string>

<string>pci14e4,XXXX</string>

where XXXX is your wireless card, find this info on your system profiler and see which ID is for your card.

I hope this works for you.

Where in the system profiler do I find that info, I have searched the entire thing and cannot find it. The PCI cards section is empty as well as almost everything in the network section.

If you can't find it on system profiler you have to search throught internet and try to find the Vendor ID and System ID for your PCI card, you can also find this info on windows:

Control Panel

System

Hardware

Device Manager

Network Adapters

Right Click on properties

Details then you will see

PCI\\VEN_XXXX&DEV_YYYY&..................

Use XXXX as your vendor ID, and YYYY as Device Id.

I hope this helps.

Ok, I have found that info but where do I put the device id, I get where to put the vendor id.

Open this file in console or in finder

/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Then you should find this in the file Info.plist

<string>pci14e4,4311</string>

<string>pci14e4,4312</string>

<string>pci14e4,4320</string>

<string>pci14e4,4324</string>

At the end of this just add this:

<string>pci14e4,XXXX</string>

Where XXXX is your device ID.

Maybe your wireless WMP54G is not a broadcom chipset, I've heard that some revisions of WMP54G are not broadcom, check over internet which version you have.

JHO -

You have the exact same card I do. And no it's not a Broadcom, it's a RaLink Tech, just like Jimmsta posted. The drivers are indeed at: http://www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm This is where I downloaded and install the drivers for my SuSE Linux 10.1 for my WMP54g ver. 4, and it worked great!

I don't know for sure what your problem is but it might be the same as mine, as I did download the OS X drivers for the card but they aren't working. I believe this is because OS X isn't seeing the PCI card. The reason I feel like this is because I cannot see the card in the system profiler. So my guess is that the PCI bridge isn't properly supported. I'm running a Shuttle motherboard with a nForce 3 250 chip on it. Does anyone know any thing about supporting that chipset or fixing the PCI bus issue.

I just tried everything listed in this topic, since I am having the same problem with my Linksys WMP54G v4 PCI Card. After trying every driver and method to getting it to work, it still isn't working.

Should I go out and buy a different card?

i had the same problem so i went with 3 cards and they work fine. first off i went with a dlink dwl520, then a belkin f5d7000, then a belkin f5d7001 just for the airport extreme recognazation.

i recommend the belkin f5d7001 :)

Hey do you know if the dlink dwl520, belkin f5d7000 or the belkin f5d7001 will work in an HP dv1000 notebook with Mini PCI to replace the Intell 2200b/g wireless card? And in 10.4.6 JaS ---> 10.4.7 JaS update?

I don't mind doing kext replacement or anything if needed! Thanks!

• 1 year later...