iDeneb 1.6 10.5.8 Lite Edition Boot Problem

Hoodad

9 posts in this topic

Hello Insanely Mac:ers!

I'm new here so pleas be kind to me...

The problem that's occurring during my attempts to run the mac OS X installation a varied. Mostly 2 main problems though...

Computer;

Amd Phenom II 720 BE

Gigabyte GA-MA790X f5 BIOS

Windows 7 RTM

1. I have downloaded iDeneb 1.6 1058 lite and burned it (checked that the md5 is ok, it is!) changed BIOS from native IDE to ACHI changed boot priority to my DVD. Rebooted pressed f8 typed -v cpus=1 it continuous booting, until 5 sec later it crashes just as the Apple logo is about to appear, last thing i see on the screen is "starting darwin".

I add that I have tried booting with these different boot settings -v , -x, -f, cpus=1 and in various combination, nothing.

2. Then I thought about trying it on VMware, so I followed this guide VMware Guide. Downloaded the files for just that guide, got VMware workstation and fire it up, I got further just until 1 minut or so in it stopps and tells me that there is a ERROR code "unkown SIGSEGV code 0"

Google on that and you will find that most of these are caused by AMD processors, leading me to believe there is a problem with my AMD CPU...

So I'm asking if someone in this forum has a AMD processor that has been able to install with iDeneb (any version)?

Also I found that a guy on the tube was able to install with exactly my motherboard....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQZ6HjxPpk4

Hello Insanely Mac:ers!

I'm new here so pleas be kind to me...

The problem that's occurring during my attempts to run the mac OS X installation a varied. Mostly 2 main problems though...

Computer;

Amd Phenom II 720 BE

Gigabyte GA-MA790X f5 BIOS

Windows 7 RTM

1. I have downloaded iDeneb 1.6 1058 lite and burned it (checked that the md5 is ok, it is!) changed BIOS from native IDE to ACHI changed boot priority to my DVD. Rebooted pressed f8 typed -v cpus=1 it continuous booting, until 5 sec later it crashes just as the Apple logo is about to appear, last thing i see on the screen is "starting darwin".

I add that I have tried booting with these different boot settings -v , -x, -f, cpus=1 and in various combination, nothing.

2. Then I thought about trying it on VMware, so I followed this guide VMware Guide. Downloaded the files for just that guide, got VMware workstation and fire it up, I got further just until 1 minut or so in it stopps and tells me that there is a ERROR code "unkown SIGSEGV code 0"

Google on that and you will find that most of these are caused by AMD processors, leading me to believe there is a problem with my AMD CPU...

So I'm asking if someone in this forum has a AMD processor that has been able to install with iDeneb (any version)?

Also I found that a guy on the tube was able to install with exactly my motherboard....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQZ6HjxPpk4

Hi,

After -v and click enter move your mouse continusly until you are at the begining of the install screen

let me know if you still have that problem.

Thanks.

Hello!

I have no idea what that would do any difference ;S But no it dosen't work...

Edit: Still same problems both on WMware and regularly bootmethod

Hi,

I had the exact same issue as you and only solution worked is moving the mouse.

Is your hard drive controler set to AHCI mode? If not please set it to AHCI mode.

Dude It took me about couple of months to install this ideneb 1.4

I hope with couple of days effort you will found solution here.

Thanks,

Hello!

I have no idea what that would do any difference ;S But no it dosen't work...

Edit: Still same problems both on WMware and regularly bootmethod

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...amp;pid=1278698

Hoodad I got your pm and rather than keep things private, thought

I'd post here. I added my install info to the wiki if you want to

take a look here's the link and scroll down to the Gigabyte board.

I never had the issues you are having. I am not dual booting

as I installed the OSX on it's own Sata drive.

Other than what I outlined in the wiki I don't have any experience

to offer. Here's the link and I hope you are able to work it out!

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...10.5.8#Gigabyte

No dont keep it private, if I or anyone else in here would help someone with there post it would be great ;)

So you just started? And choose to boot from DVD? You didn't change any settings in BIOS?

I'm interested in the settings so I can imitate your installation, and for the record I have a extra amd 6000+x2 processor that I'm planing on try out if nothing else workouts =/

I also have an extra Sata harddrive for the OS X, if I would get it going... ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Did you even click on the wiki link I gave you? Like I said, I entered all the details

of the install in that wiki. Following it SHOULD get you a good install if you have

the GA-MA-790X-UD4 motherboard.

No dont keep it private, if I or anyone else in here would help someone with there post it would be great :D

So you just started? And choose to boot from DVD? You didn't change any settings in BIOS?

I'm interested in the settings so I can imitate your installation, and for the record I have a extra amd 6000+x2 processor that I'm planing on try out if nothing else workouts =/

I also have an extra Sata harddrive for the OS X, if I would get it going... :)