[HowTo] Update to 10.4.7 from 10.4.6 (Intel ONLY)

Korrupted

256 posts in this topic

Installed - OK

Update x1000 kexts, modified according to Boris method, working OK.

By the way in the Boris´s instructions one of the directories to go into was ATIRadeonX1000GA.bundle should be ATIRadeonGA.plugin ;) (NOT the original post but the one in "Genius Bar...")

Thanks Jasc. Works better then ever! Actually thats a question I have. Did anything change in Rosetta? I honestly haven't seen a difference in my other 2 Power PC apps, but I use Adobe Photo shop elements 4.0 for my quick and dirty day to day image editing and it always took 30-40 seconds to load. Now its up and running in 2 jumps in the doc and 10 seconds from click to finish after loading all the plugins?! Thats awesome. But I didn't read anywhere significant Rosetta improvements. Can anyone else confirm?

osx.jpg

Must be your imagination because you are still using 10.4.6 rosetta, no one has released the 10.4.7 decrypted files yet, rosetta, finder, dock ats etc

Well, updating prebinding always makes apps load faster for a bit.. :P

And.. Something does seem to have changed in Rosetta (or at least something affecting rosetta) as I'm getting occassional GFX glitches (blue colored.. things) in PPC apps. I've only seen this before in 10.4.6 when I was messing with beamsync...

The new extensions were left out of the update for compatibility with the most users systems,and to keep everyones hardware supported and running like it was before the update.

Kernel.Framework was left out for the same reason the mach_kernel was left out.

Then new OpenGl.Framework was left out for compatibility with the most users systems.(I have noticed issues with using old kexts and new opengl frameworks so i left them out)

The new Extensions(drivers) are not that big of a deal,if you want then for yourself,download them and try the out.Whats important are the updates to the apps and frameworks,thats where we will see the improvments to the Os

So I made the update the best way I know how to keep everyones system running well and to give them the most out of this without taking anything away from the next guy's chances to get the update running.

Good Luck

JaS

so...could i theoretically download the update from apple.com, install with pacifist leaving out the kernel.framework, mach_kernel, opengl.framework and extensions?

is there any other difference in the file you have up at the noid?

later

so...could i theoretically download the update from apple.com, install with pacifist leaving out the kernel.framework, mach_kernel, opengl.framework and extensions?

is there any other difference in the file you have up at the noid?

later

plus the encrypted files

JAS you are the MAN! I downloaded 10.4.7 last night and I followed your terminal commands. It works perfectly!

My system:

Intel Desktop Board D915DUX

Pentium 4 3.0 GHZ Processor

120GB Western Digital ATA/100 Hard Drive

512MB of RAM

Pioneer 110-D DVD Burner

Compaq Ethernet Card

Video: Intel 915G Express Chipset

Can anyone confirm it'll work on a GMA 900 machine without messing up anything (graphics, usability, etc)? Don't want to mess up my precious installation if you know what I mean ...

help request seconded! I bought a GMA900 mobo but hasn't arrived yet, I have 10.4.6 Hotiso upgraded to 10.4.7 (no kexts yet, only JaS installer) btw I have also a logitech g7 mouse but works with no problem, will the mobo change affect this?

as always, the best work in this community seems to come from your end in the recent months.

many thanks.

so what say you about AMD processor users? you know... the better kind :P

The update for straight people is almost ready, i've only 1 framework left to crack the worse one coregraphics with 89 cpuid checks , i swear that who ever coded it deserves to die with aids after being sodomized by a rhino. Right now i've it working with 10.4.6 coregraphics

Must be your imagination because you are still using 10.4.6 rosetta, no one has released the 10.4.7 decrypted files yet, rosetta, finder, dock ats etc

Well I just wish I had imagined it sooner. :) It always felt a little embracing when someone walks in and needs something done quickly and I'm like. Um okay. Here we go. Just a moment.

Now again, its one of my faster applications.

The update for straight people is almost ready, i've only 1 framework left to crack the worse one coregraphics with 89 cpuid checks , i swear that who ever coded it deserves to die with aids after being sodomized by a rhino. Right now i've it working with 10.4.6 coregraphics

Well, I'm glad the straight people are getting something soon, but what about the BENT people? :) j/k.

hackintosh.png

Still working great.. although I am seeing a bit of discoleration in some rosetta apps.. it's only on occassion and goes away if I hide/re-show an app.. odd.

On another note, anyone know why it show's my processor at 4GHz and my FSB @ 3.2? My proc is definitely running @ 3.2 GHz :)

Umm I having the same problem too with the discoloration. Has it gone away yet?

Well I just wish I had imagined it sooner. :) It always felt a little embracing when someone walks in and needs something done quickly and I'm like. Um okay. Here we go. Just a moment.

Now again, its one of my faster applications.

well maybe something else changed is making rosetta faster but it's still rosetta from 10.4.6 :)

Umm I having the same problem too with the discoloration. Has it gone away yet?

Seems to only show up right after launching a rosetta app.. and even then, only sometimes.. Hiding/reshowing the app makes it go away.. (premenantly it seems). Odd.

Ok, I've updated my copy, but the first few times, I got some error 256 or something, but then I verified disk permissions via terminal and the error disappeared. After typing "sudo update_prebinding -root / -force", it just gave me a nice "my-computer:~ root$" and then I rebooted.

Does that mean it worked? How do I verify if it is 100% successfully installed/updated?

Has anyone tried installing the NeoPheus (Borisbadenov method) ATI 1600/1800 installer after this update? I need to know their results because my 10.4.6 updated with Jas 10.4.7 went down after running the BorisBadenov X1600/X1800 Full Support Solution pkg and I need help repairing. After the installing/running the boris auto pkg/script it asked for a reboot. While rebooting I saw the grey screen and the loading screen and then the screen went black. I already tried the uninstall method for this pkg but that did not work. I also reverted back to the 10.4.6 kexts which I had backed up before doing any updates. I repaired permisions and the ran a prebind but it still did not help. I think it might have to dowith the framebuffers. So if anyone is /has been in my boat and got around this pleasel et me know how you did it.

Thanks in advance.