• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

fpdesigner

fpdesigner

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Sorry, I'm not good at English, and if this is useless.

Device ID of GMA 950 in real MacBook is 27A2, and the ID of GMA 950 in many netbooks is 27AE.
So, rewriting the ID, 27A2 to 27AE in "AppleIntelGMA950.kext" and "AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext" is the way to activate GMA 950 in netbooks. And "patch27ae.command" is the Terminal Script for this way (exactly, this script makes copy of these kexts renamed "27aeAppleIntel--".).

Therefore, the same way might make activate GMA 3150, which is reported as GMA 950.
According to Wikipedia, device ID of GMA 3150 is A011 or A012. So, modifying "patch27ae.command", for example, "27AE8086" to "A0118086", "\x86\x80\xAE\x27" to "\x86\x80\xA0\x11" (or "27AE8086" to "A0128086", "\x86\x80\xAE\x27" to "\x86\x80\xA0\x12"), and using this script might be the way to activate GMA3150.

Edit:
and need "device-properties" string in com.apple.Boot.plist, or Natit.kext, maybe.

Have you try on hpmini 210 ?

It's Work QE/CI ?

Someone have try ?

10.6 retail seems to work on the 210 (HP Mini 210-1000), with the following issues that I'm encountering:

* No accelerated graphics on the GMA3100. (System Profiler reports it as a GMA950, which makes sense, since they're supposedly pretty similar.)
* The wireless is refusing to work. (BCM4315, which should be supported with tweaking by AppleAirPortBcm43xx.kext, but it isn't coming up; there are apparently fixes for this, but I have yet to find one).
* The trackpad doesn't work during installation. Well, ok, it "works" in that you can move the pointer, but you can't actually click: the buttons are ignored, until you can get into System Preferences and enable tap-to-click; the buttons remain non-responsive after that, though. :rolleyes:
* Audio works, with the VoodooHDA.kext driver. Volume control seems like it might be a bit problematic, but I'll be figuring that one out.
* The wired ethernet works with RealtekR1000.kext.
* I had to put "arch=x86_32" into /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist ("Kernel Flags") order to get it to start at all; the N450 supports 64 bit extensions, and the bootloader that I'm using (from NetbookCD - Chameleon 2.0rc3) recognizes that, and tries booting into 64-bit mode, which causes it to go boom.

I haven't tried the VGA output on it, so I don't know if that works or not.

As well, the maximum memory is actually at least 2GB, as that's what I've got installed in mine. Perhaps it's a case of Windows 7 Starter not allowing more than 1GB, or HP not being able to advertise it because of Win7 Starter.

The card reader works without a hitch; a USB bluetooth adapter will be picked up fine (I picked up a Targus ultra-mini bluetooth adapter, model ACB10US according to the package).

Update:
* The wireless module works; it does, however, require that you grab a copy of Apple80211.framework from 10.5, it would seem. The GUI configuration for it doesn't seem to want to work (so no menu extra or System Preferences bits - :whistle: ) but using the commandline utility, it associates just fine.
* With the enabler script suggested by dokuroishi, AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext will load - but the mouse pointer looks like it's stored off in uninitialized memory, so it's either accelerated graphics with a bad mouse pointer or non-accelerated graphics with a reasonable cursor at the moment. The unaccelerated graphics, though, don't seem too terrible (though it might not do so well for things like watching videos, of course).
* The audio works - with the caveat that it might cause a hard lockup during the system startup; once it's started up, it seems to be working fine. If the driver is loaded after the system is running, instead of during startup, it seemed to work without a hitch, so perhaps I might write a quick startup script that loads VoodooHDA.kext during the normal startup phase instead of as one of the items in the /Extra/Extensions.mkext archive.

Update 2:
* The Airport stuff works in System Preferences, at least, assuming you have the preference pane from 10.5 installed (/System/Library/SystemConfiguration/Apple80211Monitor.bundle), and you start System Preferences in 32-bit mode -- in 64-bit mode, it recognizes an Airport adapter, but refuses to configure it (it's insistent that it's power state is "Off"). Easiest route here is to check off "Open in 32-bit mode" in the Get Info window on /Applications/System Preferences.app. I haven't gotten the Menu Extra working yet, but I suspect that's some minor tweaking - maybe getting SystemUIServer running in 32-bit mode, to use the 10.5 AirPort menu extra.

your GMA 3150 worx?

VampireHunter_D

VampireHunter_D

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I was wondering if anyone with working wireless could post their DSDT (dsl or aml I can decompile). I am looking to compare some issues that people are having with pine trail based machines and I would like to take a look at how the mini 210s PCI configuration is. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

edydotmail

edydotmail

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello. I also have a HP mini 210 with Snow Leopard 10.6.0 on it. I'm currently writing from it. OK. Heres the thing: I succesfully installed Leopard and Snow Leopard. In both of them wired network, webcam and USB and touchpad are working without a hitch. I am having an issue with the video card: I used patch27ae.command(changed the ids, of course) and nothing happened. I thought that, once modified the kext and rebooted the computer, the graphics will work, but, in my case, they didn't. Now what about the WiFi. I read about it in many forums, but never figured it out. I have a broadcom b/g/n card, and I can't figure it out. If anyone knows something, anything(don't tell me to read back pages, because I did twice) please tell me (not via PM, because maybe other people have the same issues) here. Thanks a lot!!

Edit: if you have kexts that work, upload them here!

VampireHunter_D

VampireHunter_D

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hello. I also have a HP mini 210 with Snow Leopard 10.6.0 on it. I'm currently writing from it. OK. Heres the thing: I succesfully installed Leopard and Snow Leopard. In both of them wired network, webcam and USB and touchpad are working without a hitch. I am having an issue with the video card: I used patch27ae.command(changed the ids, of course) and nothing happened. I thought that, once modified the kext and rebooted the computer, the graphics will work, but, in my case, they didn't. Now what about the WiFi. I read about it in many forums, but never figured it out. I have a broadcom b/g/n card, and I can't figure it out. If anyone knows something, anything(don't tell me to read back pages, because I did twice) please tell me (not via PM, because maybe other people have the same issues) here. Thanks a lot!!

Edit: if you have kexts that work, upload them here!

What are the subsystem and vendor ids of the wireless card? Also what did you use to install your snow leopard image, and how many IO80211Family kexts are you using? (Is there one in /Extra and /System/Library/Extensions)? Are you using a DSDT? Finally the GMA 3150 has no hardware acceleration (and may never), so if you are getting full resolution that is about the best you can expect for the time being. If your resolution is off make sure to be using Chameleon 2.0 RC4.

edydotmail

edydotmail

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
OK. I don't know the id's right now, but I'll post them quickly. I installed the retail version of Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.0 with the NetbookCD. When I installed it, there were 2 kexts(one in /Extra and one in /System...) but I deleted the one in /Extra because I thought they were interfering. I don't know if I am using a DSDT( should I?) What is the full resolution that you are having? I have 1024x600, which is very annoying. I read on many sites that the resolution of this netbook is something like 1366x768 or bigger. I use the bootloader that came with NetbookInstaller(I think it is Chameleon 2.0 RC3 NBI, or something. Is there a way to check this?). Thanks a lot. Tomorrow I'll post the ID's for the broadcom card, and If it's needed I'll reinstall my osx again.

VampireHunter_D

VampireHunter_D

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

OK. I don't know the id's right now, but I'll post them quickly. I installed the retail version of Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.0 with the NetbookCD. When I installed it, there were 2 kexts(one in /Extra and one in /System...) but I deleted the one in /Extra because I thought they were interfering. I don't know if I am using a DSDT( should I?) What is the full resolution that you are having? I have 1024x600, which is very annoying. I read on many sites that the resolution of this netbook is something like 1366x768 or bigger. I use the bootloader that came with NetbookInstaller(I think it is Chameleon 2.0 RC3 NBI, or something. Is there a way to check this?). Thanks a lot. Tomorrow I'll post the ID's for the broadcom card, and If it's needed I'll reinstall my osx again.

edydotmail,

If you had two IO80211Family kexts and deleted the one in Extra, did you regenerate the Extensions.mkext in Exta? If not it could still be trying to load both. If using NetBookInstaller run /Extra/UpdateExtra.app toi regenerate this.

To check if you are using a DSDT, look in / or in /Extra for a file named DSDT.aml. If you do not have one and want to try to use one you can grab DSDTSE from http://www.osx86.es/?p=610 . Download the application and launch it. When it is launched click on the "Extract DSDT", when it extracts it will then load a window with all the DSDT code. When that loads click on "Compile DSDT". If you get some errors or warnings post the DSDT here and I will fix them for you, if you don't a finder window will open and you will now have a file called DSDT.aml. Copy this file to /Extra, and reboot. You are now using a DSDT.

From a quick glance the NetBookCD is using .8.3 so I would grab the latest NetBookinstaller .8.4 RC1 from http://code.google.c...book-installer/ and run that and see if it improves anything as I do not believe the chameleon boot file from .8.3 had the gma 3150 resolution fixes in it.

edydotmail

edydotmail

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok. So I Installed the RC version of NBI, and nothing changed to the resolution, but I don't care about it anymore. About the WiFi: I have a broadcom 43225 b/g/n card with the IDs:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4357&SUBSYS_145E103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4357&SUBSYS_145E103C
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4357&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4357&CC_0280

Please help me with it.

About the DSDT: I generated it, but the computer was starting and running slowly and I reinstalled it. Thanks for the help, and sorry for the late answer.

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

Usurper of Wilson, King of Prussia

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts
Am thinking about picking up one of these off CraigsList. Can I get a definitive yes or no as to whether QE/CI work? If they do can I some specific notes on how to do so?

VampireHunter_D

VampireHunter_D

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Ok. So I Installed the RC version of NBI, and nothing changed to the resolution, but I don't care about it anymore. About the WiFi: I have a broadcom 43225 b/g/n card with the IDs:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4357&SUBSYS_145E103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4357&SUBSYS_145E103C
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4357&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4357&CC_0280

Please help me with it.

About the DSDT: I generated it, but the computer was starting and running slowly and I reinstalled it. Thanks for the help, and sorry for the late answer.

Strange after generating your DSDT it would run slower. Were there compile errors? If you not sure post the DSDT here and I will take a look.

As for the wireless, assuming you are using NBI you should have an IO80211Family.kext in /Extra/GeneralExtensions if not supplant that path with /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext for the following exercise. The Device ID of 4357 is definitely not in either version of AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext or AppleAirPortBrcm43224.kext so you are going to want to add it to the Info.plist files of the kext package. The question is which one does this device resemble more the 4311 or the 43224. Based off of its product name being 43225 for your card I would guess the later, however most people would probably try entering the ID in the 4311 kext first. It is your call which one to try first, but make sure the IDs are not in both Info.plist files at the same time as that might cause issues.

To Edit the 4311 Kext:
1.) Open a Terminal (Found in /Applications/Utilities/Terminal).

2.) Type
sudo nano /Extra/GeneralExtensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist

3.) On the file that opens look for the section that appears like
<array>
								<string>pci106b,4e</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4311</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4312</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4313</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4318</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4319</string>
								<string>pci14e4,431a</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4320</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4324</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4325</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4328</string>
								<string>pci14e4,432b</string>
								<string>pci14e4,432c</string>
								<string>pci14e4,432d</string>
						</array>

4.) You want to add your device entry which is <string>pci14e4,4357</string> so the entry now appears like
<array>
								<string>pci106b,4e</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4311</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4312</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4313</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4318</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4319</string>
								<string>pci14e4,431a</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4320</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4324</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4325</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4328</string>
								<string>pci14e4,432b</string>
								<string>pci14e4,432c</string>
								<string>pci14e4,432d</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4357</string>
						</array>

5.) Now hit ctrl + x to close the file. You will be prompted to save so hit Y and the file will close.

6.) Now type
open /Extra

And a finder window will open to the /Extra folder.

7.) In this finder window will be an application called UpdateExtra with a shoe icon, double click on this to execute the application and then click on the "Update Extra" button.

8.) After that process has completed you may want to use the Disk Utility to repair permissions, this may not be necessary but it wouldn't hurt.

9.) Reboot and cross your fingers.

To Edit the 43224 Kext:
1.) Open a Terminal (Found in /Applications/Utilities/Terminal).

2.) Type
sudo nano /Extra/GeneralExtensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm43224.kext/Contents/Info.plist

3.) On the file that opens look for the section that appears like
<array>
								<string>pci14e4,4353</string>
						</array>

4.) You want to add your device entry which is <string>pci14e4,4357</string> so the entry now appears like
<array>
								<string>pci14e4,4353</string>
								<string>pci14e4,4357</string>
						</array>

5.) Now hit ctrl + x to close the file. You will be prompted to save so hit Y and the file will close.

6.) Now type
open /Extra

And a finder window will open to the /Extra folder.

7.) In this finder window will be an application called UpdateExtra with a shoe icon, double click on this to execute the application and then click on the "Update Extra" button.

8.) After that process has completed you may want to use the Disk Utility to repair permissions, this may not be necessary but it wouldn't hurt.

9.) Reboot and cross your fingers.

Remember you do not want to have the id in both Info.plist files at the same time as that may cause conflicts. It is really up to you which kext to edit first as I am not quite sure which would be the best. If it fails on boot make sure to record any Airport or 80211 messages which may appear in the console log. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

edydotmail

edydotmail

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello. I only have the 4311 kext, in which I added the 4357 line, but nothing happened. I ran UpdateExtra.app and restarted the computer, but nothing came up showing an error or something else. That makes no sense. Anyway, I tried reinstalling the Leopard yesterday, but I got an error telling me that it was not able to validate "Leopard_Installer". I can't stand it anymore. What's going wrong??? Help me please... :whistle: :blink: :( I'm getting very :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

cgdavilab

cgdavilab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Can some one please post their working kext(s) for wireless?

Krishna21

Krishna21

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Hello everyone,

Im new here so sorry if I am posting in the wrong section of the forum. I just wanted to know if there are any support for the new HP Mini 210 HD series for OSX install.
HP Mini 210 HD

Specifications:
Intel® Atom™ Processor N450 (1.66GHz, 512KB) with Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150
1GB DDR2 System Memory (1 Dimm)
160GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
10.1" diagonal HD LED HP BrightView Infinity Widescreen Display (1366 x 768)
HP Mini Webcam
Wireless-G Card
3 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader
Accessible memory slots: 1
Maximum Memory Expansion: 1GB
Ports: 3 USB Ports, RJ-45, VGA

I notice other netbooks can use more than 1gb of memory, if this netbook is able to run OSX, will it be slow? I will only be using this for basic computing and on the go online surfing, note taking, chatting. I already have a Mac Book Pro 13'' Unibody 2.56ghz, I just want something smaller for on the go purposes.

Dude, I'm sorry but I can't help you, I'm only posting to say you have one heck of a username xD

cgdavilab

cgdavilab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Here is my hp mini 210 DSDT http://hpmini210.goo.../files/dsdt.dsl

insane74

insane74

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
hi!
i've also a hp mini 210-1020sl.
is there a FULL guide to install osx on this netbook?
with all the steps, the missing files, etc?
thanks!

cgdavilab

cgdavilab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

hi!
i've also a hp mini 210-1020sl.
is there a FULL guide to install osx on this netbook?
with all the steps, the missing files, etc?
thanks!

this is still a work in progress but check out my site: http://code.google.com/p/hpmini210/

insane74

insane74

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

this is still a work in progress but check out my site: http://code.google.com/p/hpmini210/

thanks! i'll check it!

lechill

lechill

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
installed ideneb 1.6 lite wifi, lan, sound, blueooth, graphics, touchpad works from the start but no QE/CI.

vguser

vguser

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Quick update-
Chickened out today and started over with a 10.5.1 install via the same method.
-NetbookMaker 0.8.4 wouldn't recognize my USB Leopard Installer, had to use 0.8.3.
-Installer would hang on the grey Apple logo, so switched to 32-bit mode "-legacy" at the Darwin screen
-WiFi now works like a dream
-Trackpad AND BUTTONS seem to be working fine
-Audio still not working, but I'm going to try some Kexts later today, will report back if I get it working

iceorbital

iceorbital

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Can somebody post the patched "AppleIntelGMA950.kext" and "AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext modified to work with the GMA3150? I don´t seem to be able to patch them myself

jorgebus

jorgebus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
so no quartzextreme love for the mini 210 yet? It's the only thing keeping me from installing osx on my mini 210-1028 : (

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy