BRAZIL

25 posts in this topic

england.gif

I'd like to say England will win it all but we've been playing like {censored}e! We stop playing well when we go up by a goal and teams will tie it up. If we make it to the semifinals and play brazil, I'm worried to say the least. I think Argentina will give brazil a run for it, and you can't count the home country out. That match between those two on 30.6.2006 will be a huge one!

IN THE FIFA WORLD CUP!

THIS YEAR

WE ARE GOING TO WIN AGAIN!!!

SORRY IF THE TRUTH HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAZILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLll

"Não é mole não, voltar pra casa chorando no avião"

No way, you will loose saturday against the French team at the quarter final :D

P.S: The Germans will win the cup.

I'll agree the referees in this world cup have been terrible. when 4 players get red cards in a single game it changes the game too much. Let these guys play and stop making bad calls but if you are going to make bad calls atleast stay consistant!!!

I just wish America didn't suck for once at soccer (football).

It's pretty bad when the only point in one of your biggest games (Italy) comes from the other team.

And I agree - horrible refs this time around.

I'm hoping before the next world cup (2010) in South Africa that the USA does better. The prospect of an improved MLS including the building of football only stadiums will help things. Using american football stadiums as multipurpose venues makes watching soccer painful, you're too far away from the game. I live in South Carolina and wish I could go to a match at a soccer only stadium without having my only option to watch the match on TV.

:D

HAHAHA bad tips!!!

Brazil... OUT!!! france won against brazil today!! i would say lOl!!!

england... is OUT!! HAHAHA

Germany is the winner of the world cup! its so clear! its the best team... :D

IN THE FIFA WORLD CUP!

THIS YEAR

WE ARE GOING TO WIN AGAIN!!!

I don't think so :D

SORRY IF THE TRUTH HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAZILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLll

"Não é mole não, voltar pra casa chorando no avião"

Yeah, sorry for you, France WON 1 - 0 LOOOOOOSEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!

You know, I for one would really like to see Italy win it.

Since I grew up watching World Cup (having been born in England), I've never overcome my remorse for watching them lose the Final match twice on penalty kicks (1990 + 1994). I say they're a good team and they deserve to win it.

England was a favorite pick of mine too, but you're not going to win the World Cup with 2 of your players out.

I can't believe england lost on PK's...and even more surprising the french beat brazil, who hadn't looked too great all world cup. They appeared to be 'just getting by' like england was. Oh well, I'd put my money on Germany to win the cup now and in great fashion with home advantage!

Even if I'm Italian, I'd really love to see Portugal win the world cup.

I like the team and the way they play.

Italian's team players have too much money in their pockets and cannot run fast because of the weight :angel:

It's FOOTBALL NOT SOCCER

Why can't the americans get this right. If the rest of the world can they should be able to also.

But no instead they go and call a sport where you use your hands 99% of the time Football.

No wonder they're no good at it. They don't even know what they're playing.

I agree with you Aceplayer, I was born in england and live in the states now and I'm forced to call football soccer here simply because no one knows what I'm talking about. It's frustrating honestly and pisses me right off. The reason football has never really taken off here in the US is because: 1) the stadiums used are multipurpose venues used for american football and real football. you can't see the game in these stadiums and only recently have plans for football only stadiums been made. 2) anyone with talent goes to europe. 3) there are salary issues with big players in the US, the best players in the US don't break $2million/year if that where someone like Rooney makes what £10million/year?? I think the league max this year was $1.4million in the US, the rest go over seas for better talent and better pay. Just my opinion.

Why can't the americans get this right. If the rest of the world can they should be able to also.
We speak a different language, just one that y'all across the pond happen to understand most of. No reason to be upset. Besides, the United States is not the only country that doesn't call it "football". I find that a "rest of the world" reference rarely actually means the rest of the world, and sometimes the rest of the world needs to grow up anyhow.

Oh, and if you randomly toss a baseball at a German or an Italian, they're less likely to catch it than the average American or Briton, just because they're not used to playing those kind of sports. Doesn't mean anyone's better or worse overall... (okay, actually Australia probably has a sick ratio of population to Olympic gold metals... but that kind of kills the point)

Eh, I don't like the game. I quit because all the other kids always hit the ball into my belly really hard (and it turns out I was asthmatic and didn't know it). Plus the hooliganism, "soccer moms"... everything I associate soccer with in my brain is just awful (I do not know how I survived the 90's, I just know I did). ME LIKE HOCKEY :happymac: