ATI HD 5770

ralfhome

1,160 posts in this topic

Hacktop, can you please explain exactly - what you did?

Step by step.

For my config with this drivers - always non-bootable hack or KP...

My system - iATKOS S3 V2, updated to 10.6.4 via official patch.

Xan21 you need Netkas to add support to his file. ask in IRC.

This channel?

irc.osx86.hu #radeonhd

If so ill be watching. i know theres a couple of us 56xx out there who are waiting for it.

Yes, just make sure your dev id (0x68BE1002) is listed in ATI5000Controller.kext

Many thanks to netkas, keep on fighting :D

my 5750 has dev id 0x68B81002, is already in ATI5000Controller.kext

but i fail again,even with ATY_Init_5770.kext.zip

not panic anymore,but still can not boot into GUI, just loading and loading forever..

netkas just update a ATY_init.kext that add 5700 support for test. at http://netkas.org/?p=465

and i have a try。

My card is ati 5750, devid = 68B81002 ,id already in ATI5000Controller.kext

I turned <key>GraphicsEnabler</key> to No in Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist first

Yesterday,when i use yesterday's ATY_init.kext plus ati5000 drivers and get a panic

Today ,I Try the new ATY_init.kext (added 5700 support) instead ,no panic any more,but a black screen.

and i finally found , when i put 2 DVI to 2 Display , i can get 1 to work!

my two display , one is DELL(1920*1200) ,another is HP(1920*1080)

i plug first DVI Port with DELL ,and Second DVI Port with HP

after reboot ,

that DELL Display attached at First DVI Port just works at (1920*1080 ,HP's resolution)

BUT system shows the display is HP’s XXXX, the model exactly right! and the highest resolution is (1920*1080 ,HP's resolution)

that's why i must plug 2 display! it seems system get information form Second DVI Port ,and put the Screen to The First DVI Port!

so i think just 2 DVI port's ID or something are wrong...

anyone same as me?

add :

Eulemur as framebuffer loading at apple's logo forever (atlee's ATY_Init_5770.kext.zip at post #75)

Uakar (http://mirror.netkas.org/5700/ATY_Init.kext.zip is Uakar ) did it's work. as i say in this post.

add2:

my display says signal is out of sync or something like that and flash sometimes .

Ive just popped up a fresh install of OSX on my machine, all was going well until i installed the 5xxx drivers, now i get just blank screens on boot.

5770, triple displays, both DVI plugged in. GraphicsEnabler=No.

I stupidly forgot to enable SSH so i could SSH back in when i borked the display too :P But i think its actually loading everything, just not displaying it. Keyboard works as expected, eject key ejects etc. When i hit play it loads iTunes and plays stuff.

so i think just 2 DVI port's ID or something are wrong...

anyone same as me?

Yes! Thank you for this. I tried connecting both DVI ports to the same monitor (one to the VGA port) and it finally worked! So, I guess you're right about this. Hope this gets fixed soon :P

I try to install my 5770 on a TV screen with HDMI and :

ATY_Init.Kext with 5700 item from Netkas

AND in my S/L/E :

ATI5000Controller.kext

ATISupport.kext

ATIFramebuffer.kext

ATIRadeonX3000.kext

ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin

ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX3000VADriver.bundle

Here is my Extra Folder/Extension.

AHCIPortInjector.kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

AppleIntelPIIXATA-1.kext

AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

AppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

ApplePS2Mouse.kext

ApplePS2Trackpad.kext

Disabler.kext

ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext

EvOreboot.kext

FakeSMC.kext

FramebufferDisabler.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

IOATABlockStorage.kext

IOATAFamily.kext

IOATAPIProtocolTransport.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

JMicronATA.kext

LegacyAppleAHCIPortJMB36x.kext

LegacyJMB36xSATA.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

And in my com.apple.Boot i have :

GraphicsEnabler = n

BUT : Black screen !! Do you have a solution ?

Tomorrow i try with DVI and a Samsung screen.

in ATY_init.kext

<key>@0,connector-type</key>

<string>0x00000400</string>

<key>@0,display-type</key>

<string>0x454e4f4e</string>

<key>@1,connector-type</key>

<string>0x00000004</string>

<key>@1,display-type</key>

<string>0x454e4f4e</string>

what does those field do?

@1 ,@2 seems to be the 2 Output ports (DVI ?) ?

connector-type = DVI or VGA or something ?

Okay can someone with a XFX 5770 1028MB (Vendor:ATI (0x1002) Device ID: 0x68b8) please explain how they got this to work, I've been working on this for a few hrs and all I get are panics and blacks screens.

This is everything I have tried so far: Installing everything to System/Library/Extensions + pfixing, arch=i386 -v -f (black screen, stuck, or sometimes "No Device 68b8 listed"(I'm sure I seen 68b81002 in the ATI5000.kext) ). I also tried installing the ATY_Init.kext file to my Extra/Extensions folder and everything else to the System/Library/Extensions folder (Locks up at verbose(-v) screen no panics). I've tried installing just the ATY_Init, ATISupport, & ATIFramebuffer files to S/L/E(black screen or no device listed). I've pfix'd every time and cleared the kext cache with no favorable results.

For anyone doing this and getting stuck as I am, just boot with

-s -v GraphicsEnabler=No

mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
rm -R ATI5000Controller.kext
rm -R ATISupport.kext
rm -R ATIFramebuffer.kext
rm -R ATIRadeonX3000.kext
rm -R ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin
rm -R ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle
rm -R ATIRadeonX3000VADriver.bundle
rm -R ATY_Init.kext
Reboot

This way you don't have to a fresh install to try again.

--------

Relevant components:

Core i7 930

x58A-UD7

XFX 5770 1028MB (Vendor:ATI (0x1002) Device ID: 0x68b8)

Okay can someone with a XFX 5770 1028MB (Vendor:ATI (0x1002) Device ID: 0x68b8) please explain how they got this to work, I've been working on this for a few hrs and all I get are panics and blacks screens.

This is everything I have tried so far: Installing everything to System/Library/Extensions + pfixing, arch=i386 -v -f (black screen, stuck, or sometimes "No Device 68b8 listed"(I'm sure I seen 68b81002 in the ATI5000.kext) ). I also tried installing the ATY_Init.kext file to my Extra/Extensions folder and everything else to the System/Library/Extensions folder (Locks up at verbose(-v) screen no panics). I've tried installing just the ATY_Init, ATISupport, & ATIFramebuffer files to S/L/E(black screen or no device listed). I've pfix'd every time and cleared the kext cache with no favorable results.

For anyone doing this and getting stuck as I am, just boot with

-s -v GraphicsEnabler=No

mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
rm -R ATI5000Controller.kext
rm -R ATISupport.kext
rm -R ATIFramebuffer.kext
rm -R ATIRadeonX3000.kext
rm -R ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin
rm -R ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle
rm -R ATIRadeonX3000VADriver.bundle
rm -R ATY_Init.kext
Reboot

This way you don't have to a fresh install to try again.

--------

Relevant components:

Core i7 930

x58A-UD7

XFX 5770 1028MB (Vendor:ATI (0x1002) Device ID: 0x68b8)

im having issues with this as well.i have a sapphire and xfx 5770 cards and neither work.....dont get black screen just basically freezes on the apple logo...and when i do get it to boot up with just ATY_init file installed, it will show 5700 series in the system profiler and 32 bit but only shows 256 mb memory..and wont let me change the resolution either..but it does show the driver loaded on it.....im just stuck on this....

im having issues with this as well.i have a sapphire and xfx 5770 cards and neither work.....dont get black screen just basically freezes on the apple logo...and when i do get it to boot up with just ATY_init file installed, it will show 5700 series in the system profiler and 32 bit but only shows 256 mb memory..and wont let me change the resolution either..but it does show the driver loaded on it.....im just stuck on this....

I read somewhere that for the 5770 you need 2 displays connected to the DVI ports to get it to work, I only have one so I have to hold off until that bug is fixed. The installing ATY_Init alone situation sounds much like what you get when you have none of the kexts installed at all. Always try and boot in verbose mode (-v) so you can see what's causing the crash.

I read somewhere that for the 5770 you need 2 displays connected to the DVI ports to get it to work, I only have one so I have to hold off until that bug is fixed. The installing ATY_Init alone situation sounds much like what you get when you have none of the kexts installed at all. Always try and boot in verbose mode (-v) so you can see what's causing the crash.

hmm i hooked it up to my tv as well..and it just acts as one display and still shows only 256 mb memory...and only one resolution :P

ok...when it boots up it says, aty_init starting

then says ATY_init: Card 0x68b8 was not posted

ATY_Init: devid from binimage: 68b8...whats that mean?

hmm i hooked it up to my tv as well..and it just acts as one display and still shows only 256 mb memory...and only one resolution ;)

ok...when it boots up it says, aty_init starting

then says ATY_init: Card 0x68b8 was not posted

ATY_Init: devid from binimage: 68b8...whats that mean?

From what I understand the "ATY_init: Card 0x68b8 was not posted" error means you device is not listed in the ATI5000Controller.kext, and from the looks of it we have the same or a similar card since we have the same device ID, I've looked for 68b81002 inside one ATI5000 file and I'm pretty sure I seen it, but I could be wrong.

From what I understand the "ATY_init: Card 0x68b8 was not posted" error means you device is not listed in the ATI5000Controller.kext, and from the looks of it we have the same or a similar card since we have the same device ID, I've looked for 68b81002 inside one ATI5000 file and I'm pretty sure I seen it, but I could be wrong.

well only problem is ...when i install the ati5000 kext, my computer just basically freezes at the apple logo when it boots up...when i remove it...then it works......i am not sure how to fix this issue at all..well when i say it works, i mean it boots up..but the graphics card is not working correctly....is there a reason why the ati7000Controller.kext file would cause my computer not to boot? is it conflicting with something? i have tried it with and without the aty_init file and still just freezes...

hell no, this means that code from r600-r700 to check if card was posted or not, doesnt work with evergreen card. jsut ignore this message.

hell no, this means that code from r600-r700 to check if card was posted or not, doesnt work with evergreen card. jsut ignore this message.

Can't exactly just ignore it every time that error message comes up it freezes at boot, I have yet to get by that message.

Reflecting on it i suspect my problem is that in my tiredness last night i completely forgot to install 10.6.4, so its still running 10.6.3.

A few users on other forums have experienced the blank screens when using 10.6.3 and the new Kexts.

I installed it with keyext helper and it worked perfectly !! Thks netkas ;)

The only issue i get is my screen resolution, I can't find 1440x900x32 in the resolution menu. I already had it in my com.boot.apple.plist and it was working for my former video card (9400m).

I tried switchedResX but no luck

Any idea ??

bob

EDIT: I got switchXres to work properly, but after installing the resolution i had to delete :

# /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist

# ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.windowserver.xxxx.plist

cause my screen was out of range for some reason