ATI HD 5770

ralfhome

1,160 posts in this topic

anyway i'm pretty sure its best to wait till Apple release new iMacs with 5750's they have ordered for June lineup.

I have been told by another member that in Chamelons code the ATI 5770 uses Motmot for the framebuffer, I now think it's not the Framebuffer file it's the ATI4800Controller, I'm sure we need to wait for a 5000 series one.

I have tried and get KP's, but ATIRadeonX2000 is the bad file that causes a KP. not sure why, Could be linked to the Framebuffer file?

The ATIRadeonX2000.kext controls QE/CI. You can run with full res on a framebuffer without ATIRadeonX2000.kext installed. The best thing to test framebuffers is to remove it. To actually have QE/CI working, the X2000.kext needs to be edited with the correct ID's (netkas will have to do it). That's why he's always had a QE/CI patch for all unsupported cards up until now.

But yeah you're prolly right, we'll need to wait for these cards to make their way into the Macs for real before they work :)

The ATIRadeonX2000.kext controls QE/CI. You can run with full res on a framebuffer without ATIRadeonX2000.kext installed. The best thing to test framebuffers is to remove it. To actually have QE/CI working, the X2000.kext needs to be edited with the correct ID's (netkas will have to do it). That's why he's always had a QE/CI patch for all unsupported cards up until now.

But yeah you're prolly right, we'll need to wait for these cards to make their way into the Macs for real before they work ;)

Netkas would of already done it if it was possible, I have mixed and matched and tried editing ATI4800Controller, ATIFramebuffer and ATIRadeonX2000 but causes KP, tried many things no good so i guess i will just wait till 5750's hit new mac's. :P

Force it by adding 1680x1050, it will revert back to 1440x1050, Also it depends on what Chamelon your using, I use mostly Modified RC4's or RC5's that inject the GFX strings.

ok i managed to update and everything, so heres my next problem: when i put 1600x600, it ends up having 1152x864. So when i then type 1680x1050, my display says out of range. what do i need to type so i get exactly 1600x900?

ok i managed to update and everything, so heres my next problem: when i put 1600x600, it ends up having 1152x864. So when i then type 1680x1050, my display says out of range. what do i need to type so i get exactly 1600x900?

You will not get the full res without editing the ATI Vesa BIOS which I personally dont see a point, Or wait till someone figures out a driver solution, I'm trying to force the 4800 kext to load the 5770, just have to play around more don't know if it's possible yet, Steam is released for Mac so it's got my motivation back to get my new card working and got a new LED monitor on the way too :P

No 5xxx support in 10.6.4. Check Natkas for details :) I could bet they were putting 5xxx support bah...well...

Wait till June, 10.6.4 isn't finished yet its still in beta stages.

Beta stages mean tweaking, not writing drivers from scratch...imo. MAde the wrong choice, but it pains me to sell my Vapor-X 5770. It is so cool, silent a card :|

No way I will sell my card as I've read too much on Apple bringing support for 5750's. Also It's a great upgrade on top of my 9800GT. Kills it, then i might crossfire eventually.

oh yes. os x support for the 5770 would be great.

ive got such a fast new machine, but with windows7, you know.

every time i get from my desktop to my macbook im quite happy.

i need that on my desktop, too :P

arent there any news yet?

I woudn't sell my 5770 only because it's not working with mac osx.It's just an operating system!

Windows 7 works very good for me and I am not planning to switch it soon.

10.6.4 has 7 new framebuffers, so maybe we might have to wait for a gfx update as these framebuffers will do nothing without a 5000 series kext.

Hi!

I have an ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB and have been trying very hard with no luck to get QE/CI working on iPC 10.5.6! Could you please help me out or point me to a guide/kext/file?

Thanks a lot!

-Dan

Hi!

I have an ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB and have been trying very hard with no luck to get QE/CI working on iPC 10.5.6! Could you please help me out or point me to a guide/kext/file?

Thanks a lot!

-Dan

Search the forums for the topic you need, Don't just jump on a random topic asking about your card.

Got my hackintosh up and running last night 100% - However I had to resort to using a 8500GT instead of my 5770 :)

Search the forums for the topic you need, Don't just jump on a random topic asking about your card.

Got my hackintosh up and running last night 100% - However I had to resort to using a 8500GT instead of my 5770 :wallbash:

damnit,.. in the first i really thought you did it ;)

I had a look inside ATI4800Controller and i have found that the executable inside the kext contains all vendor id's of the 5700 cards, i edited the file with my hardware id's, no panic, something stopping desktop from loading and i think it has something to do with the framebuffer file, will keep playing around.

More info please. If ATI4800Controller has ids for the 5xxx series then it might work with our cards. Check out RadeonHD in the xlabs. It's an open source replacement for ATIFramebuffer with a wider range of hardware support. Perhaps we can use it to load one of the 4xxxController kexts.

More info please. If ATI4800Controller has ids for the 5xxx series then it might work with our cards. Check out RadeonHD in the xlabs. It's an open source replacement for ATIFramebuffer with a wider range of hardware support. Perhaps we can use it to load one of the 4xxxController kexts.

RadeonHD is not a "replacement" is missing a lot of features from the real framebuffers, also RadeonHD is not always the newest port, again if you read what he says if your card dont work with atiradeonx2000 kext then there is no chance of FB working, tried all methods for the card, i have even got latest delta build of 10.6.4, just no support for rv840 chipsets yet.

Ive been trying to get my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 to run in 1366x768 on my laptop but im failing miserably. I dont really care about QE/Cl just a higher rez! im stuck at 1024x768 :thumbsup_anim:

Any ideas? "Graphics Mode" doesnt work.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 5770, and I want to install OSX. As the rest of us, I'm waiting for the proper support in order to do so.

However, I noticed Xan21 got it running at 1024x768. Does this mean SL will at least install but at a measily 1024x768?