AppleIntelE1000e.kext for 10.8/10.7/10.6/10.5

hnak

751 posts in this topic

So, how is 3.0.4 doing for you guys? Is it a good move to upgrade from 2.4.14 or not?

Never change a running system in particular when the new version has the same bugs as the old one.  :P

Mieze 

• Like 1

So, how is 3.0.4 doing for you guys? Is it a good move to upgrade from 2.4.14 or not?

For many people, all versions over 2.4.14, including 3.0.4 are unstable. Specifically the NIC stops working under heavy transfers/loads. I think at this point we are all eagerly anticipating Mieze building a new refined driver.

g\

I'm sorry for the delay in my project but I was persuaded to write a driver for Realtek's Fast Ethernet NICs by some forum members and decided to do that first because it was less time-consuming than the Intel driver project.

Mieze

• Like 1

Nice, thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah, 2.4.14 is very stable for me, but every now and then I still get one or another kernel message and had once or twice ran into issues that needed to reboot.

Here is one more eagerly waiting for Mieze's code of awesomeness, hehe =)

Hi guys, 

I do not have too typical motherboard for hackintosh "ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z" with latest bios (1901), but I was surprised how hackintosh runs pretty.

But...

Integrated LAN chip is "Intel 82583".

AppleIntelE1000e works, but including any version 2.4.14 sometimes drop the connection and helps only restart. Several times I read about this problem in this topic, but 2.4.14 doesn't work for me.

Actually running on 10.9.0 - Niresh distro.

Any ideas?

Updated to 3.0.4.1 according to the minor changes in the original e1000 driver project.

I was informed of some mbuf leaks - it may cause system errors in heavy traffic (failed getPhysicalSegment call.), but I have not figured it out .

• Like 1

@hnak any idea why Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.kext would be able to wake up a B75 on OSX 10.9.0 gigabyte board via WOL by just installing the kext and using tony's installer to install OSX, but your AppleIntelE1000e.kext v2.5.4d would not wake up a 10.9.2 Gigabyte Z87 via WOL using your kext and just tony's installer to install OSX?

@hnak any idea why Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.kext would be able to wake up a B75 on OSX 10.9.0 gigabyte board via WOL by just installing the kext and using tony's installer to install OSX, but your AppleIntelE1000e.kext v2.5.4d would not wake up a 10.9.2 Gigabyte Z87 via WOL using your kext and just tony's installer to install OSX?

RealtekRTL81xx (Realtek chipset)IS NOT AppleIntelE1000e (Intel chipset) thats why :D

RealtekRTL81xx (Realtek chipset)IS NOT AppleIntelE1000e (Intel chipset) thats why :D

Really? If you don't have any idea please refrain from stating the obvious, come on now lol :P

@HNAK <------------ any idea why Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.kext would be able to wake up a B75 on OSX 10.9.0 gigabyte board via WOL by just installing the kext and using tony's installer to install OSX, but your AppleIntelE1000e.kext v2.5.4d would not wake up a 10.9.2 Gigabyte Z87 via WOL using your kext and just tony's installer to install OSX?

Really? If you don't have any idea please refrain from stating the obvious, come on now lol :P

@HNAK <------------ any idea why Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.kext would be able to wake up a B75 on OSX 10.9.0 gigabyte board via WOL by just installing the kext and using tony's installer to install OSX, but your AppleIntelE1000e.kext v2.5.4d would not wake up a 10.9.2 Gigabyte Z87 via WOL using your kext and just tony's installer to install OSX?

Thats clearer than water :D

@hnak any idea why Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.kext would be able to wake up a B75 on OSX 10.9.0 gigabyte board via WOL by just installing the kext and using tony's installer to install OSX, but your AppleIntelE1000e.kext v2.5.4d would not wake up a 10.9.2 Gigabyte Z87 via WOL using your kext and just tony's installer to install OSX?

I fixed WOL for the AppleIntelE1000e.kext in a patched 2.5.4f, see #1988601 and #1993817

@hnak, could you have a look at this and maybe add it to the next 3.x update?

• Like 1

Updated to 3.0.4.1 according to the minor changes in the original e1000 driver project.

I was informed of some mbuf leaks - it may cause system errors in heavy traffic (failed getPhysicalSegment call.), but I have not figured it out .

Increase the maximum number of segments for the getPhysicalSegment call to 40 in order to avoid this error. I had the same issue with my Realtek driver and was able to resolve the problem this way.

Mieze

I fixed WOL for the AppleIntelE1000e.kext in a patched 2.5.4f, see #1988601 and #1993817

@hnak, could you have a look at this and maybe add it to the next 3.x update?

I have added your code into source.

Increase the maximum number of segments for the getPhysicalSegment call to 40 in order to avoid this error. I had the same issue with my Realtek driver and was able to resolve the problem this way.

Mieze

I increased the number to 40.

Thank you for suggestions.

WOL SUCCESS! http://wikisend.com/....1000e.kext.zip once I used this in place of the original it worked perfectly. Also port 5900 was open on my router causing constant wakes but that was after I had installed the new kext into the IONetworkingFamily.kext contents/plugins folder due to constant hackers trying to VNC into my hack. I used kext utility after the kext was installed, closed that port, rebooted then everything worked perfect. THANKYOU @diddl14!

Also @rals2007 thanks for providing absolutely nothing of importance go drink some clear water you need it  :D

Good job!

3.0.4.1 Works great for me! Today i was running twitch on source quality and make large data transfer in home network and all ok.

Edit:

I just tried run the torrent, and after five minutes +/- it dropped again. :-/

But i think it is better than before, but torrent cant stand.

just tested this latest with copying some large stuff over afp @ another machine in my lan, after a while i get the kernel[0]: failed to getphysicalsegment in outputPacket. And then it stalls

are there any workarounds for this? Cause the driver works fine otherwise..
  • Like 1

Hey guys,

i trie to get WoL working with Mavericks 10.9.2 on my Gigabyte Z87mx. 

With the appleintele1000.kext from page 28 i got it working ONE time but the second, third, fourth and so on... time it doesn't work any more.

Maybe someone have an idea or a pre patched working .kext for me.

greets

p.s. wol in bios is activated, rep is deactivated and wol is activated in energy saver settings

I have the same board and it's working fine so the issue is probably either with the configuration or the network, not the driver.

Some suggestions on what you could check:

What driver version is current installed?

Are the lights on the ethernet port blinking?

How do you wake the system up?

When it is sleeping, check the the ip and arp table on your router - it might be an issue with a sleep proxy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonjour_Sleep_Proxy

Anything in the console log after you wake it up manually?

Hope this helps..

I have tried 2.5.x f and the new Version 3

I wake my System through fritzbox, MacBook (ssh), iphone (ishutdown) or on demand with ATV.

If the pc is sleeping i See it in the Finder on my MacBook and in the fritzbox it is connected.

I dont Check the console. I try it tomorrow.

Thx and greets

• 2 weeks later...

just tested this latest with copying some large stuff over afp @ another machine in my lan, after a while i get the kernel[0]: failed to getphysicalsegment in outputPacket. And then it stalls

are there any workarounds for this? Cause the driver works fine otherwise..

I have the same problem as above. This is when copying files TO the server. Copying files from the server doesn't output these messages. After a while of copying to the server, say 15GB the AppleIntelEthernet device hangs and the network goes down. Would be happy if someone knew a workaround!

Edit:

I'm using an Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI GENE board with the internal NIC Intel i217

• 2 weeks later...