InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Strange

Do you boot with caches? 

Try it with NoCaches

Likewise try the reverse

Tried it with, and without....Nic still doesn't work....(UseKernalCache=No, also tried -f, no luck)

ameris_cyning

ameris_cyning

I don't know what to write here

• Donators
  • 956 posts
  • Interests:OSx86, female anatomy, electronic music, Clover EFI

Tried it with, and without....Nic still doesn't work....(UseKernalCache=No, also tried -f, no luck)

Can you post your full specs (including boot loader?)

meaganmargaret

meaganmargaret

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Can you post your full specs (including boot loader?)

Um sure, happy to, but not sure what you need or how to get what you need.

Boot loader is Chameleon.....do you mean the plist?

Full specs as in hardware?  It's a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH, Intel core-7 3770 processor, it has 32 GB of RAM, a Samsung 840 hard drive, with a 3 TB Seagate secondary drive, GTX670 video card.

I should mention I tried with a Realtek 8111 add-in card, and no dice.  I tried a couple of different drivers for the Realtek card, but nothing worked.

But a USB to Ethernet did work (kind of slow).  And wireless also works (also slow).  So yes, I could get this going some other ways, but that's not what I want.  I want to get the built-in Ethernet working.

ameris_cyning

ameris_cyning

• Donators
  • 956 posts

If I had to make an educated guess, I would say it is most likely an issue with Chameleon.

Can you paste your org.chameleon.boot.plist in /Extra?

meaganmargaret

meaganmargaret

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

If I had to make an educated guess, I would say it is most likely an issue with Chameleon.

Can you paste your org.chameleon.boot.plist in /Extra?

Sure....happy too!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

ameris_cyning

ameris_cyning

• Donators
  • 956 posts

Sure....happy too!

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
        <string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Set UseKernelCache to no

Fireup terminal, type "sudo nvram -c" then reboot

Try that

meaganmargaret

meaganmargaret

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Set UseKernelCache to no

Try that

Nope....didn't work....(just so you know, and just to add some background, I have a USB installation of Win 8 that I boot into once in a while, and I checked the ethernet port there, when the machine is booted to Win 8 and it works, so I know physically its a good port)

megabyte0469

megabyte0469

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,

have here same problem. My System works fin with MacOs 10.8.5

With 10.9 have here the problem to copy great files on a netwotk share.

This copy process freeze the System. I test the parameter:

Set UseKernelCache to no

but same problem.

Install is the last driver for intel 1000e ethernet driver.2.5.4d

Here my cameleon settings: (the UseKernalCache is here Yes but  No resolved not the Problem:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>Graphics Mode</key>
        <string>"2560x1440x32"</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I found on the another forum the driver 2.5.4c resolved this bug but i found not this kext driver......

My Board here is a Gigabyte-Z77X-UP5 with a i7 Processor and 32GB Memeory.

genzai

genzai

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

My Board here is a Gigabyte-Z77X-UP5 with a i7 Processor and 32GB Memeory.

Use driver version 2.4.14 for the UP5 TH board. It is well documented that driver 2.5.x is not working properly on this board (and many others). 2.4.14 is stable and works fine for now. I have this board and have experienced the issue with 2.5.x first hand. I have reverted to 2.4.14 and have no more problems.

g\

meaganmargaret

meaganmargaret

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Use driver version 2.4.14 for the UP5 TH board. It is well documented that driver 2.5.x is not working properly on this board (and many others). 2.4.14 is stable and works fine for now. I have this board and have experienced the issue with 2.5.x first hand. I have reverted to 2.4.14 and have no more problems.

g\

So, where did you get this driver version?  SourceForge?  I see only lists of the 1000e kexts with dates, doesn't list versions.  Do you possibly have a date from the version you are using?

Where can you get driver version 2.4.14, and how can I identify it?  Is this an Apple 1000e kext?  And where do you tell the version?  Because I am looking in system info, and perhaps that's not the right place?

FusselFux

FusselFux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

So, where did you get this driver version?  SourceForge?  I see only lists of the 1000e kexts with dates, doesn't list versions.  Do you possibly have a date from the version you are using?

Where can you get driver version 2.4.14, and how can I identify it?  Is this an Apple 1000e kext?  And where do you tell the version?  Because I am looking in system info, and perhaps that's not the right place?

You can identify by clicking on file and than cmd + i

here is version 2.4.14:

Attached Files

megabyte0469

megabyte0469

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks for the Version 2.4.14 but the problem is not fixed.

Same here with the 2.4.14....copy a 150gb File to my network an the copy process dies at 20-25gb.....

Have here another System with same hardware on 10.8.5. Here works the network card correct with 2.5.4d and 2.4.14.....

Problem Macos 10.9 ???

bikinifarm

bikinifarm

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Thanks for the Version 2.4.14 but the problem is not fixed.

Same here with the 2.4.14....copy a 150gb File to my network an the copy process dies at 20-25gb.....

Have here another System with same hardware on 10.8.5. Here works the network card correct with 2.5.4d and 2.4.14.....

Problem Macos 10.9 ???

This happens with subsequent versions, but not with 2.4.14. Make sure you have installed this kext in IONetworkingFamily.kext under Contents/Plugins and you have rebuilt the cache. Since this file is buried deep inside a kext, the cache typically does not get rebuilt unless you do a:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

If unsure, boot without cache. All of this behavior has been reported here on this very forum a number of times, and nothing new. Please read previous posts.

ila225

ila225

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Complementing what bikinifarm just said.

Assuming your AppleIntelE1000.kext is at your Desktop, these commands will do the trick:
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext
sudo cp -R ~/Desktop/AppleIntelE1000e.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/
sudo kextcache -u / 
You MUST make sure that kextcache has ran automatically after triggering kextd with the touch. That is the purpose of "kextcache -u /". Major difference in that is that the system runs with -F to decrease system performance impact, however, that might take several minutes sometimes depending if OS X thinks it should give more resources or not to the rebuilt. Since you're most likely going to just reboot right away, triggering kextcache forcibly allows you to reboot as soon as that kextcache is done.

By the way, you will probably find warning messages and details about kexts, specially the ones we usually mess with like AppleHDA, FakeSMC and others. AppleIntelE1000e is no exception, and should also be listed there. If it is not, then you probably had an issue with the installation.

nbwallace

nbwallace

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi All,

I've rea this entire thread. I just updated my install from 10.8.3 to 10.8.5 and the network interface is not reported in the system report I am between 10.8.1 and 10.8.3 I was using AppleIntelE1000e.kext version 1.9.4 I am now trying 2.4.14 with no success.

My motherboard is an Intel DP55wb.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's fixed. I removed npci=0x0300 from the boot.plist file. What a pain.

ila225

ila225

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Hi All,

I've rea this entire thread. I just updated my install from 10.8.3 to 10.8.5 and the network interface is not reported in the system report I am between 10.8.1 and 10.8.3 I was using AppleIntelE1000e.kext version 1.9.4 I am now trying 2.4.14 with no success.

My motherboard is an Intel DP55wb.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lets first check if the module is installed properly, shall we?

Would you be able to run and post the results for:

ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ | grep E1000
kextstat | grep -i e1000
sudo dmesg | grep -i e1000

The last command will ask you for your password and if your machine has not been rebooted in the same day it will not give me the output I'm looking for.

nbwallace

nbwallace

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

It looks like it was due to the pci addressing. The npci command in the boot.plist this is from tonymac:

Because the npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000 has to do with initialization of the PCI configuration space and when to initialize the signal. It has changed with this update and future updates from what I'm gathering. 

meaganmargaret

meaganmargaret

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Lets first check if the module is installed properly, shall we?

Would you be able to run and post the results for:

ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ | grep E1000
kextstat | grep -i e1000
sudo dmesg | grep -i e1000

The last command will ask you for your password and if your machine has not been rebooted in the same day it will not give me the output I'm looking for.

So after running these commands, I got this error, from the last one (not sure if it's relevant):

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext
sudo cp
-R ~/Desktop/AppleIntelE1000e.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/
sudo kextcache -u / 

kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: IOUSBControllerV2::_RESERVEDIOUSBControllerV226()
kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: IOUSBControllerV3::_RESERVEDIOUSBControllerV320()
kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: IOUSBControllerV3::_RESERVEDIOUSBControllerV321()
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[429] exited with status 71.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache.

And here's my results from somebody else's request:

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel  102 Nov  6 16:28 AppleIntelE1000e.kext
beastie:desktop mm2margaret$ kextstat | grep -i e1000
   37    0 0xffffff7f809ca000 0x19000    0x19000    com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e (2.4.14) <18 10 5 4 3 1>
beastie:desktop mm2margaret$ sudo dmesg | grep -i e1000
AppleIntelE1000e(Info): Interrupt Throttling Rate (ints/sec) set to dynamic conservative mode
AppleIntelE1000e(Info): changing MTU from 0 to 1500
AppleIntelE1000e(Info): AppleIntelE1000e:WOL = 2
AppleIntelE1000e: Ethernet address 94:de:80:67:c2:ac
AppleIntelE1000e(Info): e1000e NIC Link is Up 1000 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: None
beastie:desktop mm2margaret$ 

Still not working....

So, here's what I did of late:

I put in a Realtek add-in gigabit card, added the driver kext into IONetworkingFamily, and that does work.  I have IP and am using it now to get to the web and post this message.

So, I kind of have what I want, which is a gigabit ethernet adapter in the box, but not really.  I just don't get why the built-in Intel 1000e is being so difficult in my Mac Hack.  Remember all, the built-in Intel adapter works in the same machine if this machine is booted into Windows 8.....

ila225

ila225

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

So after running these commands, I got this error, from the last one (not sure if it's relevant):

sudo cp -R ~/Desktop/AppleIntelE1000e.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/
sudo kextcache -u /

kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: IOUSBControllerV2::_RESERVEDIOUSBControllerV226()
kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: IOUSBControllerV3::_RESERVEDIOUSBControllerV320()
kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: IOUSBControllerV3::_RESERVEDIOUSBControllerV321()
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[429] exited with status 71.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache.

And here's my results from somebody else's request:

beastie:desktop mm2margaret$ kextstat | grep -i e1000
   37    0 0xffffff7f809ca000 0x19000    0x19000    com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e (2.4.14) <18 10 5 4 3 1>
beastie:desktop mm2margaret$ sudo dmesg | grep -i e1000
AppleIntelE1000e(Info): Interrupt Throttling Rate (ints/sec) set to dynamic conservative mode
AppleIntelE1000e(Info): changing MTU from 0 to 1500
AppleIntelE1000e(Info): AppleIntelE1000e:WOL = 2
AppleIntelE1000e: Ethernet address 94:de:80:67:c2:ac
AppleIntelE1000e(Info): e1000e NIC Link is Up 1000 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: None
beastie:desktop mm2margaret$ 

Still not working....

So, here's what I did of late:

I put in a Realtek add-in gigabit card, added the driver kext into IONetworkingFamily, and that does work.  I have IP and am using it now to get to the web and post this message.

So, I kind of have what I want, which is a gigabit ethernet adapter in the box, but not really.  I just don't get why the built-in Intel 1000e is being so difficult in my Mac Hack.  Remember all, the built-in Intel adapter works in the same machine if this machine is booted into Windows 8.....

Well, several things wrong there.

First, those errors are VERY important. You're not generating a new cache, mainly because you have a module which is not proper for your installation. That module? GenericUSBXHCI.

Given it is not working, I would remove it for now, and then after we fix your ethernet you can install it again to work on your USB. You probably just have a bad or incompatible version.

Now, this line:

Tells me that you have ACLs on that kext, which should not be there. To fix it, run this:

sudo xattr -cr /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext

And then post the results of this command again just to check:

There should be no "@" in the listing.

Then run the rebuild commands again to check if it works:

sudo kextcache -u /

Although your system is loading the kext, I wonder if after the boot we are not coming across any other issues due to those ACLs.

meaganmargaret

meaganmargaret

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Well, several things wrong there.

First, those errors are VERY important. You're not generating a new cache, mainly because you have a module which is not proper for your installation. That module? GenericUSBXHCI.

Given it is not working, I would remove it for now, and then after we fix your ethernet you can install it again to work on your USB. You probably just have a bad or incompatible version.

Now, this line:

Tells me that you have ACLs on that kext, which should not be there. To fix it, run this:

sudo xattr -cr /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext

And then post the results of this command again just to check:

There should be no "@" in the listing.

Then run the rebuild commands again to check if it works:

sudo kextcache -u /

Although your system is loading the kext, I wonder if after the boot we are not coming across any other issues due to those ACLs.

I did remove the GenericUSB kext

So, here's my results, after performing the commands you requested:

beastie:~ mm2margaret$ ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ | grep E1000
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov  6 16:28 AppleIntelE1000e.kext

And:

beastie:~ mm2margaret$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
beastie:~ mm2margaret$ sudo kextcache -u /

(meaning no errors, I think, because it didn't kick out anything....)

And, sadly, still no luck.....still getting a 169.254 address, and even a valid manual ip address assigned, I cannot ping it's default gateway, while the realtek can (if it's plugged in via an ethernet jack).

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy