Spremermilcervello
Indeed

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Hey man I have 82579v and tried the version 2.5.4b but it has not worked. In the System preference Network appears connected but I can not browse or do anything. Any suggestions?

Auto-negotiation isn't working in 2.5.4b. You have to manually set the link speed etc.

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Auto-negotiation isn't working in 2.5.4b. You have to manually set the link speed etc.

I think thats the same here too, should the greyed out boxes in Advanced > Hardware have info in them telling the connection speed?

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

No, if Configure is set to automatic then they won't show anything. But with this version, you have to change Configure from "Automatically" to "Manually" and then set Speed to either 1000 or 100 (depending on your router) and duplex to full-duplex.

That's going by what my NIC shows in Windows (100/full-duplex).

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

2.5.4b auto-negotiaion worked only if linked at 1gb - sorry, I have no environment to check 100mb auto-negotiation.

Now fixed in 2.5.4c, hopefully.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,123 posts

Thank you, auto negotiation on 100mbps works again:

AppleIntelE1000e(Info): e1000e NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: Rx/Tx

82579V on P8Z77-V Pro + shitty ISP-provided router/modem

khe91

khe91

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

2.5.4b auto-negotiaion worked only if linked at 1gb - sorry, I have no environment to check 100mb auto-negotiation.

Now fixed in 2.5.4c, hopefully.

2.5.4c with 82579V connects only 100Mbit, tried several switches. 1GB under Windows 8

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Apicoltura
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello

me too! I take the C.

khe91

khe91

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

2.5.4c with 82579V connects only 100Mbit, tried several switches. 1GB under Windows 8

Found the problem, changed the CAT6 to a CAT5e cable, now it also connects 1GBit on OSX.

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,713 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
Sure? Inever had cat6

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,713 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello

yaaaaaaa

i bought a cat6

i replaced the 5e existent

it run!! automatic!!

yaaa

I can make pictures of cables.. I'm sure of what I did!!

so strange it's not the same as you

.DeV!L

.DeV!L

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello guys.

After 10.8.5 update my network gone...

My MB is Asus Sabertooth P67 (lan - Intel® 82579)

during loading it even doesn't print anything related to network, as I compared logs lines from system.log

I updated kext to the latest version and still nothing. how and where can I check what's wrong and find out the source of the problem?

- I fixed permissions

- I don't use DSDT

thanx

UPD. something strange, it works times through time

labtopia

labtopia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

on this build i am unable to get link aggregation bond to work, in advanced i get red dots and 'invalid link'.  on the same system if i boot to windows, lagg is working just fine.  honestly i have never gotten lagg to work on osx hackintosh.

does anyone have ideas on how to get LAGG working with these drivers?

thanks

dave

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

on this build i am unable to get link aggregation bond to work, in advanced i get red dots and 'invalid link'.  on the same system if i boot to windows, lagg is working just fine.  honestly i have never gotten lagg to work on osx hackintosh.

does anyone have ideas on how to get LAGG working with these drivers?

thanks

dave

You have LACP-supporting (IEEE 802.3ad compliant) switches ?

DronMBi

DronMBi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

There's something still wrong with 2.5.4. It seems to work fine when you surf the web (both IPv4 and IPv6), but network printing to an AirPort printer literally takes ages.

Older versions work perfectly though.

bikinifarm

bikinifarm

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

I am on a Intel Haswell board (Intel DH87MC Motherboard).

I recently added a machine to my network, which is on a 50 ft Cat 5e through two gigabit switches. There are two additional connectors along the way to go through a wall. There is probably 60-65 feet of total cable.

When I am moving large amounts of data to that machine (10-60 gigs), after 10-15 gigs or so, the driver or the networking hardware seem to kick out. The transfer hangs, the network is no longer accessible, but as far as the OSX is concerned, the network is still connected. The machine itself, which is a server, also becomes inaccessible on my network. There is no OS crash. I traced the issue to the machine with this driver.

The only way to revive the  network seems to be restarting the machine. Then all is fine again for weeks at a time, until large amounts of data need to be copied to that 'remote' machine again. Any ideas?

EDIT: I can confirm that this issue does not occur with version 2.4.14, but with 2.5.4c.

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

I get kernel panics with 2.5.4c when used in a 10.8.5 installation disc. Just before the language select screen pops up it panics referencing AppleIntelE1000e and IONetworkingFamily. This didn't happen with previous kext or System versions so I just downgraded the copy on the install disc to 2.4.14 and all is well.

Haven't noticed any issues with 2.5.4c on a running 10.8.5 system yet, but then my traffic isn't very heavy.

bikinifarm

bikinifarm

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

I can confirm that the issue I described in post #356 does not occur with version 2.4.14, but with 2.5.4c.

neuroman

neuroman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

I am on a Intel Haswell board (Intel DH87MC Motherboard).

I recently added a machine to my network, which is on a 50 ft Cat 5e through two gigabit switches. There are two additional connectors along the way to go through a wall. There is probably 60-65 feet of total cable.

When I am moving large amounts of data to that machine (10-60 gigs), after 10-15 gigs or so, the driver or the networking hardware seem to kick out. The transfer hangs, the network is no longer accessible, but as far as the OSX is concerned, the network is still connected. The machine itself, which is a server, also becomes inaccessible on my network. There is no OS crash. I traced the issue to the machine with this driver.

The only way to revive the  network seems to be restarting the machine. Then all is fine again for weeks at a time, until large amounts of data need to be copied to that 'remote' machine again. Any ideas?

EDIT: I can confirm that this issue does not occur with version 2.4.14, but with 2.5.4c.

I am having the exact same problem with a Gigabyte X79S-UP5. As long as there is no major load on the NIC, the network behaves fine. But today I was trying to move 60 GB of data over the network and the NIC crashed. Cannot ping or anything and there is no network access from the computer.

tommyodom

tommyodom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I was having issues with the 2.5.4c driver on 10.8.5 with a Gigabyte z77x-up5th which I believe has the 82579 chip.  I was getting really bad Skype send packet loss, Google hangouts were disconnecting and DNS with long lookup names would fail.  When I ran "nslookup some.long.dns.name.that.should.fail.but.not.timeout.cnn.com 8.8.8.8" I would get no response from the server.  In capturing the packets at my firewall I saw that random bits of the name in the DNS query would be corrupted.  I tried forcing both sides to 100Mb instead of 1Gbps but that didn't help.  I reverted back to r66 in SVN and that is working great.

Oh and in case anyone else runs into this, the name lookups was also causing sporadic failures in iTunes Radio not being able to load the next song because they were querying something like streamingaudio.itunes.apple.com.c.footprint.net which was apparently long enough to cause packet problems as well.

Is there anything I could do to help to debug the issue further?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy