VMWare trouble

8 posts in this topic

I installed OS X on to VMWare and it went fine during installation. However afterwards it restarted VMWare and a notice in VMWare popped up stating, "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. You will need to power off or reset the virtual machine at this point." After that a screen pops up with a big Power logo and on top of it it says, "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the power button for several seconds or press The Restart button." (It says that in a couple different languages.)

I know i've seen a problem like this elsewhere but I can't remember where. I hope there's a way to fix it. Heres my setup:

Mac OS X 10.4.6 HOTiso

VMWare 5.5

ASUS A8N5X NForce 4 Chipset

AMD Athlon 64 3200+

SSE2, SSE3, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed 10.4.6. Everything went smoothy until it finish the install and booted up for the first time. At the screen to choose country, it didn't list any countries. I had to reboot and it worked. After I got into the OS, did the updates and restarted. Thats when I got the same error. I guess I can't do online updates huh?

I just installed 10.4.6. Everything went smoothy until it finish the install and booted up for the first time. At the screen to choose country, it didn't list any countries. I had to reboot and it worked. After I got into the OS, did the updates and restarted. Thats when I got the same error. I guess I can't do online updates huh?

You didn't just install the updates from the OS X Updater thing, did you? You can't do it like that... Otherwise it will ruin the OS.

You have to install the patched updates, which are decoded to run on OSx86 for x86 PC's :D

u did not add the patches at the begining of the install

i used a guide I found, however it didn't mention anything about patches. i'm used the hotiso 10.4.6 version to install and receive the same error message. can someone point me in the right direction? thanks

i used a guide I found, however it didn't mention anything about patches. i'm used the hotiso 10.4.6 version to install and receive the same error message. can someone point me in the right direction? thanks

n/m, found a better guide that mentions the patches... will try the install again and hopefully it will work :)