Cannot boot at all, Grub 2 kills me!

1 post in this topic

So I have an HP DV8000 (DV8125nr) series laptop running Ubuntu 9.10 just fine. My laptop has 2 harddrives, so the primary master has Ubuntu, and the other was blank (zeroed).

I tried installing Iatkos V7 but it absolutely did not work, couldnt get past the "still waiting for root device" while it tried to get the installer. So I downloaded Zephyroth 10.5.2 AMD (my laptop has a Turion). For whatever reasons, a search here indicated that you must hit ESC when you boot the laptop, and wait ten seconds before booting off the DVD before it will work. Did that, and I was able to enter the installer.

I installed OS X as best I could (dont know if I chose the right drivers), and it finished without errors. I chose to install it on the MBR because the other option was GUID. I rebooted, and it went straight to Ubuntu. I've tried booting off the 2nd HD but I get a network boot instead, dont think this laptop allows to be booted off the 2nd HD.

The Mac partition is viewable in Ubuntu so its there. But I have absolutely no way of getting to it. Ubuntu now uses Grub 2, and its so far out for me. I have NO idea what to do next. I read the Grub2 topic but its far too advanced for me to understand how to create entries, compile things etc.

So is there some way I can get into OSX on the 2nd HD? Is there any step by step guide for adding an OSX entry from the 2nd HD into Grub2?