Searing Atheros 5007EG Driver Snowleo

DaDare

24 posts in this topic

Hello,

i have installed Snow Leo (10.6.0) to my Samsung N510, everything is working, but there are the "great" Autheros 5007eg Wlan...

It doesnt work...

Have someone a .kext for the Wlan-Adapter?

Greez

€dit:

I wish everyone a happy new YEAR 2010!

I've that same fc-uking problem ;) !

Everything's work, but not my WiFi (Atheros AR5007EG).

I'm on 10.6.2 Hazard distribution (after install this distro I'm type 'x' in "Atheros Fix 10.6.2", but it doesn't change anything :angry: ).

I didn't use Ethernet cable, but WLAN, so it's VERY important to me, to get the working solution. If not, I will have to change the system, and coming back to Windows :| .

God damn it, any solution!?

HELP US!?

That's will be nice :P .

Please, give us this driver's (kext's) and some solution how to install and how to work on AR5007EG on Kismas (as I think).

Yes, the 5007 is not 100% OS X Compatible card so it won't scan networks it need the kismac to scan for it.

Heres the kext Donwload IO80211Family.kext

Heres the link for KisMac Donwload KisMac

Heres KextHelper Download KextHelper

If you don't know I install kext files say it.

In the end to make sure the kext is loadble open disk utility and repair permissions

Please Post your resoults

I Almost forgot :)

After you reboot and before turn AirPort On, Launch KisMac then go to Preferences, The select driver tab, in the list select "AirPort Extreme Card Passive Mode" (Active Mode dosen't work) Close the window, turn AirPort On and click Scan when your network appears Close KisMac then go to the AirPort Menu select the network enter the password and your done

Does it work?

At the moment my N510 is @ home and i`m not^^, so i couldnt install the kext...

I have to install the kext only via the kexthelper, right?

Yes, and download the App "KisMac"

I've moded this kext for Snow Leopard

After you reboot the AirPort icon will pop up on the menubar before setup the AirPort launch KisMac go to Preferences/Driver/ And Select AirPort Extreme Card PASSIVE MODE select the channels and close kismac.

Then open system preferences/Network/ A Messenge will come up saying !"AirPort ....." click ok.

Then click apply. On the menubar, turn the AirPort On. (When you turn it on, it won't scan for anynetworks!!! its normal because the 5007 is not 100% OS X Compatible, so we need to trick OS X, lauch KisMac and click Start Scan, you probably will see your network, if don't reboot :( the bad thing is you need to keep rebooting until you view the network.

After KisMac detect the network, close KisMac and go to the menubar and Join to the network

And i have to do this every boot?

lauch KisMac and click Start Scan, you probably will see your network, if don't reboot sad.gif the bad thing is you need to keep rebooting until you view the network.

After KisMac detect the network, close KisMac and go to the menubar and Join to the network

SO I'm at home now.

I installed the kext and add the Airport extrem passiv...

So next i cant Active the Apple airport?!?

KISMAC is loading Aplle Airport extrem, passiv mode all the time...

*help*

IT's going better and better -.-'

After Reboot, the Apple Airport thing cant "see" a Network device-.-'

Help

SO I'm at home now.

I installed the kext and add the Airport extrem passiv...

So next i cant Active the Apple airport?!?

KISMAC is loading Aplle Airport extrem, passiv mode all the time...

*help*

IT's going better and better -.-'

After Reboot, the Apple Airport thing cant "see" a Network device-.-'

Help

Did OS X had detected the AirPort?

I Think I may know the problem!. Ok Don't give up!! :wacko:

Let's see if I understand after you reboot, when you go to the AirPort icon on the menubar and click it it says something like "No AirPort Card installed" or something like that?

Heres a link it may help this link is about 10.5 Leopard, but since the 10.5 kext worked in Snow give it a try do all the steps in the post except the instalation of the AirPort Update

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...aded&start=

It sounds strange, after I reinstalled the Kext the Airport "is working "again,

But i cannot Active the Airport, i push the "Active-Button", i enter my PW and nothing happens, it's still unactive...

Wlan is actually on (LED on my N510)....

€dit:

EXTREMLY NICE.......

MY N510 doesnt boot anymore-.-'

€dit2:

Juhuuu^^

It´s working again, after I had repaired it via my USB Stick DVD SNow Leo Retail :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...
It sounds strange, after I reinstalled the Kext the Airport "is working "again,

But i cannot Active the Airport, i push the "Active-Button", i enter my PW and nothing happens, it's still unactive...

Wlan is actually on (LED on my N510)....

€dit:

EXTREMLY NICE.......

MY N510 doesnt boot anymore-.-'

€dit2:

Juhuuu^^

It�s working again, after I had repaired it via my USB Stick DVD SNow Leo Retail ;)

I am having the same problem with my aa1. The airport card shows up but it can not be turned on.

I am having the same problem with my aa1. The airport card shows up but it can not be turned on.

odd, in leopard I don't have that problem.

Have you tried change the network.plist in the library folder, intead of en0 change to en1

reboot and try to turn it on.

Hope it helps

If not post it!

Macgeek

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, i have the same problem too. I have an MSI Wind u100 MS-N011 which is weird enough not to have the REALTEK wifi card in it (works great in Leo and Snow Leo), as unlucky i am as you guys, it has the atheros AR5007EG card in it. Weirdest thing is that it was working with 10.5.6 and now that i have 10.6.2, the fan icon for the airport in the taskbar has the "X" in it. And you can't turn it on via Network in System Preferences.

Anyone has a fix? please inform us.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, I've got the exact same problem. I was finally able to find kexts to get the fan icon. Before, even that wouldn't show up. Now, I can't get a single thing going. Airport won't turn on, and the Airport Utility doesn't see anything attached. If I can get the wifi working, then I will be a happy camper. Oh, one more thing. If anybody here has an Acer Aspire One A150, were you able to get the ethernet working?

I really hope someone can find a solution for the whole wifi thing.