[USB Vanilla Installer guide] Asus P5QL Pro / ASRock Conroe945G DVI

edmoncu

40 posts in this topic

But when I now tried to install on the P5QL Pro, it gets stucked on the Apple logo with a small "do-not-enter"-like symbol above it.

I had same problem when my USB-stick was in my computers front panel USB slot, bootin with -v revealed the problem: "still waiting for root device". Easy fix: pluggin USB-stick into back panel USB slot. Worked for me ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Solved my problem :( .

Used another CPU (Core2Duo), and now it works.

I also found another way of installing SL.

I Used a distro from www.leohazard.com and in this distro you can choose another kernel.

This is very usefull if using a Single core processor like i had (and you too...)

Good luck.

Thank You 400wrecker! This solved my problem! I tried a C2D processor and it works!

also had problems with my usb stick so i tried another one and it works!

Hi,

thanks for the guide. I successfully changed motherboard without having to re-install the all system.

Before a Gigabyte P35-DS3 with Snow Leopard 10.6.2 64bit (chameleon RC4, netkas boot 10.6)

Just removed the DSDT and changed the Kext.

Now I have:

/EXTRA

fakesmc

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

NullCPUPowerManagement

OpenHaltRestart

UUID

/S/L/E

AttansicL1ethernet

AppleHDA from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161430

Voodoo didn't work for me.

Ethernet and AppleHDA have to be in S/L/E

BIOS was not patched, just the standard (I have 2102) with AHCI enabled.

Video card works perfectly with graphicenabler=yes, BUT only HDMI and VGA (no DVI). This even before.

so thanks again for the help,

piero

---

SL 10.6.2 64bit

ASUS P5Q PRO

Core 2 Duo E8400

8GB Kingston DDR2 1066

HIS 4670 1GB

Just wanted to say thanks for the guide - spent all weekend hacking away - trying various different installation guides without any joy until I tried this one!

Almost everything seems to be working fine, and I performed the update via OSX Software Update (not the dmg) without any problems... only thing is Shutdown/Restart/Sleep hangs - I have installed the OpenHaltRestart.kext but it still freezes. Is this a bios problem perhaps? I previously patched the bios to 0902 for a 10.5.7 install...

My HW config is pretty similar to yours -

P5QL-Pro

Q9550

2x2Gb Ram

nVidea 9400gt

Any suggestions would be great. Anyway thanks again for all your work on this :P

UPDATE:

Erm - it was working all along... just takes about 30 seconds or so after the screen is blanked to power down. Sleep was fixed with the SleepEnabler.kext

Cheers again!

• 3 weeks later...

Great manual! I'll try it right away (now extracting installation image to usb-dongle).

I have P5QL Pro (BIOS is patched) / E7500 / EN9800GT / 4*1GB Kingston 1066 RAM.

The only thing makes me upgrade from iAtkos 10.5.8 is only 2GB RAM supported (I don't know why).

Crossing the fingers :)

Houston, we've got a problem. -_-

Verbose mode is on screenshot (after first starting cham from usb).

Restored 1004 BIOS... The same stuff.

Flashed patched again (without it i can't start iAtkos, that's my only OS for now).

2gigs on board.

Any thoughts?

post-516383-1268405338_thumb.jpg

I had to wait :D First installation stage complete now. But I have PS/2 kb and mouse... In iAtkos I could select PS/2 kext during setup, but how can I install it now? It says, I have no keyboard :D There's nothing in your installer guide about ps/2 :)

THANKS! This is a GREAT guide... everything worked as described, thanks!

I'll name my first-born after you ;-)

<edit>

Forgot to mention; had to make one change more to my BIOS.

Under 'Advanced' -> 'CPU Configuration' -> 'Max CPUID Value Limit' set to 'Disabled'.

When it was set to enabled, I got a CPU-crash at booting.

All other settings where set to 'Enabled'.

(Motherboard is a P5QL Pro, CPU is a Q9550)

</edit>

• 2 months later...

HI,

I am really appreciate with this guide tutorials, I've just follow the steps by steps done, exacts result what I have, thank you so much with TS :D

Btw, now I'm stop in Graphic Installation, My GC using Sapphire HD4870.

Anyone can share exp ?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Isn't 0601 a VERY old BIOS version? Why not patch 1004?

Thanks!

I Have Successfully Booted Into Snow Leopard, I Used A Different Method, Making 2 Partitions On The New Drive (1 For Installing The Snow Leopard DMG To....Erase After) And The Other For Where Snow leopard Is Installed..

More Info: http://osx86sv.wordpress.com/2009/09/04/ho...asus-p5-series/

I Have The Patched Asus P5QL Pro Bios 0601, You Can Download It Here: P5QL_ASUS_PRO_0601.ROM.zip

Use Asus EZ Flash, Built Into The Bios You Already At The Moment, Must Be The P5QL Pro Mobo Though..

Good Luck!

I Have Successfully Booted Into Snow Leopard, I Used A Different Method, Making 2 Partitions On The New Drive (1 For Installing The Snow Leopard DMG To....Erase After) And The Other For Where Snow leopard Is Installed..

More Info: http://osx86sv.wordpress.com/2009/09/04/ho...asus-p5-series/

I Have The Patched Asus P5QL Pro Bios 0601, You Can Download It Here: P5QL_ASUS_PRO_0601.ROM.zip

Use Asus EZ Flash, Built Into The Bios You Already At The Moment, Must Be The P5QL Pro Mobo Though..

Good Luck!