Final Stage of working hp-dv7t 2000 cto (dv7)

SoOlDiEr

14 posts in this topic

Dec-30-2009:

ive installed snow using cpus=1

what doesnt Work: cpus=1 (using 1 core i have core 2 suo 2.0 ghz t6400) ,sleep , QE , capture desktop

What Works: keyboard , synaptics , audio , microphone internal ext, 1600x900x32, IR remote,bluray but no software to play and no qe, if i missed anything just tell me

my issue :fixing cpus=1 very important to make my qe enabled , sleep not big deal but if anyont can guide me fixing those two i will be greatfull thx in advance

my dsdt is in txt file

ps: if anyone wanna how i did this installation or what kext did i use just reply and ill post what procedure i did ;

i tried to update 10.6.1 it works but updating to 10.6.2 screwed my os it was a kext problem or a kernel i dont have free time to work on it so back to 10.6 now just fixing cpus=1 and sleep ....

Jan-20-2010:

Install Procedure:

Format any partition u choose to install osx on it watch out dont choose logical drive

Plug the dvd SnowOSX Universal 10.6 v3.5 pc distro

Press f8

Type cpus=1

Install selecting all options on the customize

Restart

Press f8

Type -x cpus=1

Bla bla type ur name...

Remove all atis kext

Restart

Press f8 type cpus=1 (add this to ur boot file)

Install kexts

IR:

worked alone im using another ir from hp i got it from my retailer its serial RC1762302/00 or HP SPS : 435743-001

ps:it doesnt work on windows 7 or vista u need to patch the driver like what i did

Graphics:

Radeonhd.kext

remove all other atis.kexts

Wifi:

just use bcm43xx_enabler.sh {sudo ./bcm43xx_enabler.sh enter proceed with the instructions..)

keyboard plus synaptics:

u need to install patched appleps2controller.kext +install trackpad prefpane the patched one

faster reboot +shutdown:

remove OpenHaltRestart.kext

install osxrestart.kext

audio + microphone:

latest voodoohda.kext

Webcam:

iopcfamily261.kext

it works on every single software even skype...

To improve other stuff:

use my dsdt and install VoodooTSCSync.kext fakesmc2.5.kext iosdhciblockdevice.kext

remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Added my own custom theme

And finally my boot config (using rc4 chameleon manually)

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1600x900x32@60</string>

<key>Graphics Enabler</key>

<string>yes</string>

<key>Hide Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,5)</string>

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,1)</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>cpus=1 arch=i386 </string>

<key>Instant Menu </key>

<string>n</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>10</string>

Last but least if u guyz know anyone to try and help us out fixing our buggy dsdt it would be great

ps:about the audio if it comes out from bottom of the laptop i really didnt try to test it cause its not very important if hd videos (lags) doesnt work only sd videos

attached file on post #7

DSDT.rtf

• 3 weeks later...
ive installed snow using cpus=1

what doesnt Work: cpus=1 (using 1 core i have core 2 suo 2.0 ghz t6400) ,sleep , QE , capture desktop

What Works: keyboard , synaptics , audio , microphone internal ext, 1600x900x32, IR remote,bluray but no software to play and no qe, if i missed anything just tell me

my issue :fixing cpus=1 very important to make my qe enabled , sleep not big deal but if anyont can guide me fixing those two i will be greatfull thx in advance

my dsdt is in txt file

ps: if anyone wanna how i did this installation or what kext did i use just reply and ill post what procedure i did ;

i tried to update 10.6.1 it works but updating to 10.6.2 screwed my os it was a kext problem or a kernel i dont have free time to work on it so back to 10.6 now just fixing cpus=1 and sleep ....

I have a dv7t-2200 and I have been unsuccessful in installing 10.6. Could you post a detailed guide and what kexts you used? Thanks a ton!

-Seth Westphal

westy92.com

I'm curious as to what you used to get the IR remote working... and for sound, do you get any sound coming from the woofer at the bottom of the notebook?

Installed Snow Leopard...almost everything is working... but I'm only getting sound from the main speakers at the top and no IR...

I'm curious as to what you used to get the IR remote working... and for sound, do you get any sound coming from the woofer at the bottom of the notebook?

Installed Snow Leopard...almost everything is working... but I'm only getting sound from the main speakers at the top and no IR...

HOW! I can't get Snow Leopard installed! What method and kexts are you using?!

I actually have a DV7-1038... so it's the predecessor to your DV7-2000... I dunno if the kexts I used will work for you since your machine is different from mine. Hope SoOlDiEr has a chance to answer your questions since his laptop is similar to yours.

Maybe if you list your specifications, that will help me see if you have similar specs to my machine... might be a longshot, but worth a shot :)

I installed Snow Leopard with EmpireEFI... was the only method that enabled the mouse and keyboard during the installation process.

the EmpireEFI only can use the cphs=1. which can't use all the cpus.

Has anyone doing the solution for this?

I actually have a DV7-1038... so it's the predecessor to your DV7-2000... I dunno if the kexts I used will work for you since your machine is different from mine. Hope SoOlDiEr has a chance to answer your questions since his laptop is similar to yours.

Maybe if you list your specifications, that will help me see if you have similar specs to my machine... might be a longshot, but worth a shot :(

I installed Snow Leopard with EmpireEFI... was the only method that enabled the mouse and keyboard during the installation process.

Install Procedure:

Format any partition u choose to install osx on it watch out dont choose logical drive

Plug the dvd SnowOSX Universal 10.6 v3.5 pc distro

Press f8

Type cpus=1

Install selecting all options on the customize

Restart

Press f8

Type -x cpus=1

Bla bla type ur name...

Remove all atis kext

Restart

Press f8 type cpus=1 (add this to ur boot file)

Install kexts

IR:

worked alone im using another ir from hp i got it from my retailer its serial is RC1762302/00 or HP SPS : 435743-001

ps:it doesnt work on windows 7 or vista u need to patch the driver like what i did

Graphics:

Radeonhd.kext

remove all other atis.kexts

Wifi:

just use bcm43xx_enabler.sh {sudo ./bcm43xx_enabler.sh enter proceed with the instructions..)

keyboard plus synaptics:

u need to install patched appleps2controller.kext +install trackpad prefpane the patched one

faster reboot +shutdown:

remove OpenHaltRestart.kext

install osxrestart.kext

audio + microphone:

latest voodoohda.kext

Webcam:

iopcfamily261.kext

it works on every single software even skype...

To improve other stuff:

use my dsdt and install VoodooTSCSync.kext fakesmc2.5.kext iosdhciblockdevice.kext

remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Added my own custom theme

And finally my boot config (using rc4 chameleon manually)

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1600x900x32@60</string>

<key>Graphics Enabler</key>

<string>yes</string>

<key>Hide Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,5)</string>

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,1)</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>cpus=1 arch=i386 </string>

<key>Instant Menu </key>

<string>n</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>10</string>

Last but least if u guyz know anyone to try and help us out fixing our buggy dsdt it would be great

ps:about the audio if it comes out from bottom of the laptop i really didnt try to test it cause its not very important if hd videos (lags) doesnt work only sd videos

dv7t_kexts.rar

• 2 weeks later...

i tried it long ago when it first released from netkas just for testing it turns out it corrupted my boot file cause i only have one hard disk and two partitions 1 active and one not if you insert your windows 7 and fix the boot error the windows 7 will become active and your osx will be corrupted im not saying don't try it you can try it but for desktops , laptops still no solution....

• 3 months later...
i tried it long ago when it first released from netkas just for testing it turns out it corrupted my boot file cause i only have one hard disk and two partitions 1 active and one not if you insert your windows 7 and fix the boot error the windows 7 will become active and your osx will be corrupted im not saying don't try it you can try it but for desktops , laptops still no solution....

I have a DV7-3183cl Dual booting with Windows 7.

I am not sure about the older dv7's but mine has the capability to have two Hard Drives.

Also If anyone needs more Kexts, Check out the linked Zip in my signature.

Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

Hello SoOlDiEr

I had experience installing osx. Now I bought dv7t especially for osx and I am just preparing for installing and gathering some information.

Can you tell me which parts are not working. I need to know what features I might loose.

On this forum tonymacx86 I found that standard wireless adapter does work and there is no solution. And I ordered dell's wifi card. Does your dv7t standard wifi adapter Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth really work with you kexts?

Does mic works?

Do you have problems with sound when you connecting headphones and it doesnt work. (I had same problem whith toshiba until found suitable kext)

Thank you very much.