Cheops

Cheops

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Thank you for the information

My Bluetooth refuses to work it's not even found on the system

Are you using any specials enablers kexts for this? It works fine in windows and Linux just not found in osx.

Thanks

Cheops

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
I think i have used the driver of Bcc9 for the bluetooth

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=181293
look at the link proposed in post#1 at point2 (just under VoodooBattery)

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Hello,
I found my sound output too much crackling with noises over the sound
so :
today i have tested several versions of voodoohda bundle.

1) _VoodooHDA.kext i found in the S/L/E folder was putted here by snowleopard enabler: it is version 0.2.56
the sound activates with a small 'click' during startup sequence after that the sound works but with the mix of the internal mic and the output sound ... that's the source of the crackles : the mic noise mixing with sound.

2) i tested VoodooHDA.2.7.2 install package it contains : the kext itself, the prefpane and a small utils to bring back the prefs after sleep.
the advantage of this one : you can turn the mic mixing to zero => sound is perfect

BUT during the boot sequence when the sound activates , it makes a very strong noise due to larsen effect (mic recording sound, and emiting the same sound to the output , creacting a infernal sound loop, amplifiying itself)

the only solution is to use a earphone headset plugged in the output sound, after boot it can be removed but
this is really annoying !!! if

3) i tested an older version of the kext (only kext) 0.2.62
it is worst , the boot sequence is the same but you don't have the prefpane to set the mic mixing to zero

if anyone want's to propose a solution to stop the mic, and/or the output just during the boot sequence ... i can test it and post the results here.

see you

PS: to cheops: i started erasing some useless kext ;)

PS2: I am curently with the _VoodooHDA.kext v0.2.56 (from SL Enabler 1.1.17) because it doesn't Larsen.
i have tried 'the Midi Trick' by configuring the audio midi setup (in utilities, not in prefpanes) ... i tried 16bit / 24 bit, 48kHz etc it doesn't remove the crackles (for me)

Important Edit:
BigBeluga (Thanks to him) write this from the post N°1 ! Thanks to him !
"Audio - TAINTED - Realtek ALC269 - requires patched VoodooHDA"
so i started to patch VoodooHDA: here is how to do :

a) First Install the VoodooHDA_2.7.2 install package (with the prefpane and the helper) from here : http://code.google.c.../downloads/list
:) then duplicate the S/L/E/VoodooHDA.kext on the desktop
c) Show the content of the package, and open the plist with textedit
d) then add the followings:
<key>MixerValues</key>
			<dict>
				<key>iGain</key>
				<string>90</string>
				<key>iMix</key>
				<string>70</string>
			</dict>
			<key>NodesToPatch</key>
			<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Codec</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>11</integer>
				<key>Enable</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
			</dict>
			</array>
Node 11 set to 0 is used to stop the mic mirroring in the output
don't put iMix to Zero (what i started to do) because if you do you will have to reactivate the sound in the VoodooHDA prefpane

e) save the modified file
f) copy back the modified file from the desktop to the S/L/E folder
g) enter your password
h) run Extra/UpdateExtra software
i) restart

You should have a startup boot sequence without Larsen effect and a clean Output without crackles and a Mic working fine

Hope this will help ;)

Cheops

Cheops

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
For sound I found this one works perfectly only down side is no HDMI audio, but i'm working on new kext with this.

http://www.kexts.com...udiofamily.html

Cheops

Cheops

Cheops

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hi,

I have managed to get VANILLA Battery Power management working, by identifying a problem with AppleACPIEC.kext not loading correctly and AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext with DSDT fixes, this is currently now giving me 5-6 hours battery life.

Attached File  battery.png   7.7KB   83 downloads

Cheops

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
yeh Cheops ! That's a good news !
it would be cool if you can post a small tutorial here (with the files needed if possible)
really great !

Cheops

Cheops

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Yes I will post when I iron out a few more problems specifically USB OHCI. If you want to check you will find AppleACPIEC.kext is not always loaded and causes many problems, even when it does, its not working correctly.

More good news managed to fix the Lid Sleep/Wake in DSDT today.

Cheops

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Cheops,
did you progress with your DSDT ?
I would be glad to test 4-5h of battery life !!! (i only have 2h30min)
See You

Cheops

Cheops

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Cheops,
did you progress with your DSDT ?
I would be glad to test 4-5h of battery life !!! (i only have 2h30min)
See You

Hi,

I have since had to get rid of the S12 due to unforseen reasons. However I do have a backup of the DSDT and kext I was using for the battery.

This DSDT has been seriously cleaned up and alot of the inspiration was taken from "tHE KiNG" so big thanks to him, you will also need to use the attached AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext, delete the voodoo stuff this is not needed.

I hope someone can continue this work and good luck.

Cheops

Attached File  S12DSDT.zip   41.88KB   94 downloads
Attached File  AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext.zip   21.88KB   73 downloads

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
thanks i will try your dsdt file asap
I'll keep you posted
see you :robot:
(can you post me in PM your smbios file please ?)

1aquila1

1aquila1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hi there,

I still havent had time to create a good backup and try to do a clean install using cheops latest dsdt and just a few kext. I would like to know if anyone else had succes with it? I've read a few posts back what supposed to be in the extra folder. Maybe it's a idea if someone already did it that he uploads that folder? Further I was wondering how the 10.6.7 update is working for this machine, has anyone tried it already?

Greetingz

Defender666

Defender666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Dear Leonovo Users can someone post Bios Dump and VGA Dump of the Lenovo S12 with nvidia ion chipset.

I need to compare to my similar joojoo tablet which has problems with internal display

Defender666

Defender666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Push...

please help someone can make a bios dump?

Attached File  amiflash.zip   3.09MB   4 downloads

vincent33

vincent33

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have edited the DSDT so the system recognizes the graphics card as a 9400m; I had QE/CI before, but realized hardware acceleration was not working with Flash/Plex/QT. Combined with the smbios.plist, originally from the HPM311 project, the hardware acceleration is on point.

h.264 .mp4 1080p in Quicktime = 25% CPU / Seamless
h.264 .mkv 720p in Plex = 40% CPU / Seamless (Jackpot!)
h.264 .avi 1080p in Plex = 70% CPU / Seamless
h.264 flash 1080p in Firefox = 100% CPU / Slide show (used "Gala" release; 720p still sucks)

Oh well, you can't win 'em all :')

Thanks so much, BigBeluga & 1auqila1 (and maybe some other people who also contributed to this brilliant forum), after weeks of trial & error and reading hundreds of posts I got my S12 Ion up and running smoothly on 10.6.6. now!!
The DSDT you provided finally did the trick. Even hyperthreading seems to work fine thanks to that :)
My next task is cloning the working installation with CCC as I just sold the S12 and bought one with the larger 320 GB HDD.
Problem is: I don´t really know how to make the image bootable yet. I´ll be trying it again by saving an image on my ext. harddisk which can be made bootable I read.
Keep up your superb work! I´ll donate some $ soon...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy