• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

1aquila1

1aquila1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hi mohamad, if you read al the three pages you see that's all the answers on how to install osx on your lenovo s12 with ion graphics. If you don't have a nvidia ion chip search another tutorial. If you have ion, read the 3 pages. All the answers are in there as far as we know how to fix things. Hopefully someone with more knowledge then me will get everything to work under10.6.3 or higher and will post how he get it to work.

SliderSD

SliderSD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi folks,

I now managed to get 10.6.5 with WLAN and QE/CI enabled.
  • I completely reinstalled 10.6.0 without Netbookinstaller or SLEnabler
  • Installed Chameleon 2.0 RC5
  • Updated to 10.6.5 (combo update)
  • Copied TEAs patched kernel for 10.6.5 for Atom CPUs
  • Moved dsdt.aml to /Extra
  • Moved the following kexts to E/E (mostly from the contents of netbookinstaller and slenabler package)
    - AHCIPortInjector.kext
    - AirPortBrcm43xxEnabler.kext
    - AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext
    - AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
    - AppleIntelGMA950.kext
    - AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
    - ApplePS2Controller.kext
    - CPUIDOverride.kext
    - CPUIDSymbols.kext
    - ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext
    - fakesmc.kext
    - IO80211Family.kext
    - IOATAFamily.kext
    - IONetworkingFamily.kext
    - IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext
    - OSXRestart.kext
    - SMBIOSResolver.kext

What needs to be done:
- Audio
- Sleep/Wake/Lidclose
- Speedstep (i think it is not working yet)
- Battery Meter

Hope this is useful for you

Regards
SliderSD

1aquila1

1aquila1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hi slidersd, thanks for your effort in getting this machine working perfectly.
How did you get wifi to work? did you flash or pintaped it? (if there's an easier solution we all would love to hear that)

and further, this attachement should fix your audio pretty nice (as good as perfect)Attached File  VoodooHDA.kext.zip   79.9KB   37 downloads
I'm definetly gonna try this your way when I have some spare time.

good luck and keep us posted!

SliderSD

SliderSD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi 1aquila1,

thank you for your AppleHDA, moved it to Extras/Extensions and got it to work.

For wifi to work, I taped pin 20 of the wifi card. So no news on this side, sorry.

Regards
SliderSD

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Hello,

To Mohamad : glab to see a new lenovo s12 fellow here :D

To SliderSD : To know if QE/CI is working properly go to your screensaver prefpane and look what possibilities you have: if you have 8 or something it seems to be activated ... if you have only 2 or 3 then you don't have QE activated
Personnally i never succeed to update with QE working ... hope you did it :D

To 1aquila1 : do you experienced scratchy noises with the voodoHDA.kext ? (when sound is working to listen something like a video for example) because my sound is very scratchy ... ?

I have sleep still not working ... i meen It goes to sleep and wakeup immediatly (probably due to wrong USB description)

Keyno

Keyno

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Hey, I just wanted to tell, that I think, that I got QE/CI working with my ION, also sleep is working fine for me.
For sleep you have to dl the DSDT by humph here, A BIG THANKS TO HIM
http://s10lenovo.com...php?f=46&t=4626

QE/CI works with Chameleon RC5 and GraphicsEnabler=yes and PciRoot=1
Could some1 pls look, if QE/CI is enabled this way? Attached File  qe_ci_.tiff   104.55KB   22 downloads

I'll try to get the sound now, Webcam in Photo Bootch works by the way also if you open up iChat and click on video preview from the video menu in the top, or at least that did it for me =)

Hope some1 will find a fix for the LAN... I always have to use the stupid Wii LAN connector xD

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Hey, I just wanted to tell, that I think, that I got QE/CI working with my ION, also sleep is working fine for me.
For sleep you have to dl the DSDT by humph here, A BIG THANKS TO HIM
http://s10lenovo.com...php?f=46&t=4626

QE/CI works with Chameleon RC5 and GraphicsEnabler=yes and PciRoot=1
Could some1 pls look, if QE/CI is enabled this way? Attached File  qe_ci_.tiff   104.55KB   22 downloads

I'll try to get the sound now, Webcam in Photo Bootch works by the way also if you open up iChat and click on video preview from the video menu in the top, or at least that did it for me =)

Hope some1 will find a fix for the LAN... I always have to use the stupid Wii LAN connector xD

You seems to have QE activated (by the way ...when QE is not activated ...windows reduction (genius effect) is soooo slow)

Keyno: could you post your DSDT here please ... i don't know why but i never succeed to create an account on ideapad forum :( i never receive their activation email :( please post it here ;)

Keyno

Keyno

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

You seems to have QE activated (by the way ...when QE is not activated ...windows reduction (genius effect) is soooo slow)

Keyno: could you post your DSDT here please ... i don't know why but i never succeed to create an account on ideapad forum :rolleyes: i never receive their activation email :wacko: please post it here :)

Hey HNO3, that's nice =) I also thought that it must be activated, 'cause transparency in menu bar etc. is activated, too :D
Of course I can post it here, but I hope, that humph has no problem with that, 'cause it's his DSDT at anyway...
I just copy his warning again:

WARNING for all:
Thought I'd resolved USB unplug issues, but now not sure it's working right with external 3G dongle & sleep.
Not a final/fully resolved DSDT. Use with caution!!
Attached File  DSDTs.zip   31.79KB   14 downloads

At anyway I still get no sound and no PowerManagement... dunno why, I have VoodooBattery and system type = 2... I believe that the permissions are the problem...

And also I have a very straight problem here... After my S12 is booted, it immediately goes to sleep, just after the apple screen (or verbose screen) is over, the S12 goes to sleep. Then i have to turn it on and the Finder loads. Did somebody also experience that problem? Maybe it is caused by the DSDT... I didn't try it yet without.

Greets
Keyno

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Ok ... i just tried the dsdt from humph ... it stall during the boot at the apple logo and the spinning wheel ... then the logo with circle and \ appears and it's finished it spin endlessly ... i will check again in dsdt file itself ;) thanks to you and to humph of course ... i ll keep you posted

Keyno

Keyno

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Ok ... i just tried the dsdt from humph ... it stall during the boot at the apple logo and the spinning wheel ... then the logo with circle and \ appears and it's finished it spin endlessly ... i will check again in dsdt file itself ;) thanks to you and to humph of course ... i ll keep you posted

Did you try verbose mode (enter in chameleon -v)? Maybe then you can see which thing will cause the problem normally :P

1aquila1

1aquila1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
maybe you didn't wait long enough, I sometimes have a extreme long loading time (spinning circekl) after the first time I installed a new system. I had one that took a half our for the first time booting, but it booted normally after that. also if you see those waves thingy effect when you add something new on your dashboard (f12). you have that QE/Cl working.
Further do you have to type pciroot=1 everytime you boot or can you edit it in the .plist? (if that's the case, could someone copy paste that string here)

Yes I have crackling sound but not always. It absolutely helps if you never use the buttons above your keyboard to adjust vulume, only the fn+arrows, I also dicovered that it crackles more when there's more cpu usage.

Also since you use another dsdt, how's your cpu usage/battery life. With Istat nano you can check how much cpu you use ( and a lot more)

Nice work, I can't wait till the end of this week when I have time to try all this new input and have 10.6.6 and sleep working. Thanks.

Keyno

Keyno

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

maybe you didn't wait long enough, I sometimes have a extreme long loading time (spinning circekl) after the first time I installed a new system. I had one that took a half our for the first time booting, but it booted normally after that. also if you see those waves thingy effect when you add something new on your dashboard (f12). you have that QE/Cl working.
Further do you have to type pciroot=1 everytime you boot or can you edit it in the .plist? (if that's the case, could someone copy paste that string here)

Yes I have crackling sound but not always

Also since you use another dsdt, how's your cpu usage/battery life. With Istat nano you can check how much cpu you use ( and a lot more)

Nice work, I can't wait till the end of this week when I have time to try all this new input and have 10.6.6 and sleep working. Thanks.

Yea, QE/CI works for me.
For PciRoot = 1 you have to add in your boot.plist:
<string>PciRoot</string
<key>1</key>
So it will always load without typing it everytime =)

Well, the thing with the battery is amazing... I still do not get the battery meter to work... so I can't tell sth about the battery life, but I will try S10Enabler I think. With that I got Sound last time I believe...
But humph meant that the lifetime is about 5 hrs on s10lenovo.com

Yeah, I have iStat Pro, with that I can see some more things as the nano version. For me, the CPU seems to get rly hot, so I think Speedstop isn't working... fan is also running nearly all the time :/
So, I'll try s10enabler now :)

greets
Keyno

Cheops

Cheops

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hi SliderHD,

When you say in post #62

"I completely reinstalled 10.6.0 without Netbookinstaller or SLEnabler"

Could you elaborate on which distro you used?

Thanks

Ade.

1aquila1

1aquila1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Hi SliderHD,

When you say in post #62

"I completely reinstalled 10.6.0 without Netbookinstaller or SLEnabler"

Could you elaborate on which distro you used?

Thanks

Ade.

We're not using distro's, only original apple snow leopard. It's called a retail install.
Distro's are history man, old-fashioned

Cheops

Cheops

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Thankyou for the reply.

What method of booting the retail dvd are you guys using?

Thanks

Ade.

Keyno

Keyno

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Thankyou for the reply.

What method of booting the retail dvd are you guys using?

Thanks

Ade.

There are enough tutorials for that, just google or look in the first post! :rolleyes: :)

1aquila1

1aquila1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hi, my lenovo has the problem of instantly waking up and going to sleep since the new itunes update (atleast, that's the last thing I can remember doing on this machine) anyone else having problems since the latest itunes update? Gonna reinstall now, I guess it would solve the problem, if not I try the method of keyno though i'm afraid that I will lose some battery life that way. My idea was to first get an expert combine the two dsdt's to a perfect one with sleep and qe/cl and no 100% usage all the time. I guess non of us still have a clue where the instant sleep/wake up problem comes from ?

Cheops

Cheops

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I don't have the problem, I think the instant wake is coming from a bug in the USB DSDT.

I'm having trouble getting sound working on 10.6.6 if anyone knows which kexts to use?

Keyno

Keyno

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Yea, you need VoodooHDA.kext in S/L/E. No other possibilty for this netbook (I believe, tried several AppleHDA's too, none worked). A working link is some posts above on page 4.

Well, I tried to combine the S12 DSDT from the GMA950 version and the HP311 Mini with our S12 Ion, but I just do not get a working Battery Meter. It's amazing! Also tried different AppleACPIBatteryManager and VoodooBattery. No success here...

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
hello,
to keyno : I my case the battery metter works only after going to sleep :)
to 1aquila1: sleep/wake problem is generaly due to USB BUG ... In DSDT It is related to _WAK ... but it's out of my knowledge ... i have tryed to understand by googleling and found many threads dealing with this ... is it always related to USB IRQ, and _WAK in DSDT but it is too complicated for my brain ...sorry (need to use IOReg etc ...) far far too complicated for me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy