• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
I updated to 10.6.4 with combo update and the screen resolution in gone to 1024x768
can someone help to restore 1280x800 please ?
PS: i did'nt erase anything in the kexts ... just did the update ... no KP ...every thing works just fine except graphic res.

1aquila1

1aquila1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Thanks HNO3, sl enabler fixed the audio pretty nice and the tape worked perfect!

I did use the netbookinstaller 0.8.5pre, This doesn't have the nvenabler {censored} in it anymore, the graphics are enabled by chameleon. We don't want this since we have a dsdt that enables the graphics so you change in the com.apple.Boot.plist the GraphicsEnabler fromYes to No, and you put the dsdt and other file from bigbeluga in your extra folder.

I guess it's worth a try for you HNO3 to use nbi8.5. I'm not testing a update before i have a backup and that will take a while since i can do anything with 10.6 atm

good luck and thanks

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
@1aquila1 thanks for your help

let me summery what you tell me to do:
1) download the DSDT SMBIOS that bigbeluga provided
2) put the DSDT in the extra folder (and erase the generic 1201.DSDT.aml file)
3) what to do with the SMBIOS file (please tell me)?
4) change in the com.apple.Boot.plist the GraphicsEnabler from Yes to No
5) erase the NVenabler from the extensions ... and reconstruct the mkext file

after that i should have the good screen resolution ?

thanks

PS: I came back to 10.6.0 because the screen resolution is the most important thing for me

1aquila1

1aquila1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Yes, you remove everything that tries to make the graphics work otherwise you get weird errors like flickering screens and stuff(I've had a lot). The dsdt makes the graphics work and as far as I know it will still work after updates. Further the dsdt is also usefull to save some battery since it makes the cpu not run at full speed all the time. I will try a update to 10.6.3 soon since I want my sleep (sleep on lid if possible) to work and mine doesn't.

the smbios goed in your extra folder as well, it's not very important though. I think it only makes the ''about this mac'' show the correct info

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
thanks a lot
I will try this on my backup disk as soon as i come back home ;-)

If i understand well you have the good screen resolution too ? (1280x800) ?

do you have the batterie metter fonctionning ?

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
I did exactly what we planned and it didn't worked ... it beging to start with the apple logo and the spining wheel and it shoes a symbol like the 'no parking symbol' (a circle bared by '\')

I started again in verbose mode and it displayed : still waiting for root device ...

don't know what to do :-( help me please

Edit : I put back the 1201N DSDT and run netbookinstaller again ... it solved the problem

PS: I have a Good Info (I hope) !!!
I used a fantastic software to create the perfect keyboard layout of the Lenovo S12 (French for me)
The name of the software is ukelele you can find it here : Ukelele for OSX

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
hello,

To BigBeluga:

your DSDT doesn't work for me, i think it's because my OSX Snow leopard is in an external USB Hard Drive. can you explain how did you patched your DSDT to make it recognize the ion graphic card ?

Actually, i am under 10.6.4 with the good screen resolution (i put the "graphics mode"="1280x800x32" in the com.apple.boot.plist as described in the chameleon docs)

but QE/CI seems not working (windows open/close/minimise is very slow, and no QE screen saver in prefpane).

thanks a lot ;)

IMPORTANT EDIT:
the bigbeluga DSDT doesn't work if putted on an external usb hard drive !I don't know why ...
but it's pretty good working with internal hard drive !!!

so i did what you proposed (bigbeluga and 1aquila1) : i putted the dsdt and smbios files in /extra and i deleted the nvenabler frome the /extra/generalextentions folder and i launched "UpdateExtra"

now the nvidia ion graphic card is recognised as a nvidia 9400M with QE and CI working !!! without any injector !

thanks to both of you guys !!!

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
hello,
Since i use the DSDT, there is something strange: just at the end of the startup process, the laptop goes to sleep and wakeup immediatly. (sleep does not work for the moment).
do you think i can do something to fix that ?
do you have the same start/sleep/wakeup sequence at launch ?

1aquila1

1aquila1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Yes I have the same problem ( I don't really see it as a problem but just something that could work beter) Laptop screen goes black and drive stops spinning. It starts again and I get screen(looks like sleep, not sure if it is). Sometimes it even happens twice before I can use the machine. I wanted to experiment a bit with deleting lidsleep from the extension.mkext But unpacking it with mkexttool gives me an error on all my machines(non-zero-status, means it already running or something) . I installed sleepenabler.kext (special one for netbooks with 10.6.x) with kexthelper (since I can't repack extensions.mkext) and it gave me a continous flickering screen so i deleted it again. I would like sleep to work since I use this machine for my study and it would be handy if I could just put it to sleep instead of turning it off and on all the time (though that doesn't take very long compared to a windows machine). Further I have tried to update to 10.6.1, computer won't boot. I think we need a fixed mach_kernel for this atom cpu (not sure what or how but I saw a link somewhere in this topic) but I think it could solve the flickering screen and update problem.

Edit: here's the link http://www.insanelym...howtopic=197020
not tried yet but i'm gonna try it as soon as i backed up my laptop. I guess we just need to use the latest version, meant for 10.6.5 ?

Edit2: mach_kernel aint the problem: that's just gonna be a problem from 10.6.2 and up

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
thank's 1aquila1
so we have exactly the same startup sequence.

do you have a batterie meter working ? my batterie icon displays an X ^_^

to modify the mkext i use this methode: ( for example deleting lidsleep )
open the extra/generalextensions folder
you should have the lidsleed inside this folder
delete the lidsleep.kext (you have to enter your password)
then use UpdateExtra software in the extra folder => it will delete and rebuild the mkext files (the one in extra and the one in system/library/extrensions) It's a long process so you have to wait several minutes (seems too long)
but it works without any problem (for me).
hope this help :-)

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
to BigBeluga :
where did you get that kext ?: AppleACPIBattery.kext ?

i only have
AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext
AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext

I looked into the retail DVD and in the 10.6.3.v1.1.combo_update with pacifist and did not find anything.

I am under 10.6.0 (not updated because each time i have tried i have lost the QE and it is too much important).
every thing is working except battery metter (and ethernet, but i didn't dried it).

thanks

1aquila1

1aquila1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I don't have a battery meter either (to answer your question) but you say you got everything working except that, so you have sleep? Could you tell me how you got sleep to work?

This thread says that AppleACPIBattery.kext is located in your AppleACPIPlatform: http://myhpmini.com/...amp;view=unread

AppleACPIPlatform is located here: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=181293

Hope this gives you new inspiration for the batterymeter :thumbsdown_anim:

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
oh no i don't have sleep working ...
When i select "go to sleep" in apple menu ... it goes to sleep and wake up immediatly

i will give a look to the links you gave me in your post :)

i'll keep you posted

thanks

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Very strange things:

I deleted _27aeNatit from S/L/E (installed by snow leopard enabler). rebuild the mkext and restart.
at startup the system detected a new interface : it was the build-in bluetooth ! great !
i restarted and looked inside AppleACPIPlatform to find AppleACPIBattery (it was not there) and restarted.
The bluetooth was gone and the battery meter was working !!!
This is SOOOOO Strange !!!

Sleep still doesn't work .

1aquila1 : you should delete _27aeNatit.kext if it's not done already :) and cross your fingers

EDIT: OK I FOUND THE RULE :
1) when I restart battery meter doesn't work but build-in bluetooth works
2) ask system to go to sleep => it goes to sleep and wakeup immediatly
3) Bluetooth is gone and battery meter works !
4) ask system to go to sleep (again) => it goes to sleep and wakeup immediatly
5) now bluetooth AND battery meter work together !
STRANGE BEAVIOURS !

SliderSD

SliderSD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi guys,

first, thank you for all your work and information you posted here.

did you manage to get full screen resolution and qe/ci for 10.6.4? I need 10.6.4 because an application depends on this version.

Currently, I did the following:
1. Install SL 10.6.0, modified by current Netbootmaker
2. Updated to SL 10.6.4
3. Removed NVEnabler, updated mkext files with UpdateExtra
4. Set GraphicsEnabler to No in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist
5. Copied dsdt.aml and smbios.plist to /Extra, removed the old 1201 aml

Can anybody help?

Big thanks in advance!
SliderSD

SliderSD

SliderSD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hello again,

I googled around to find a solution and found this:
http://www.meklort.com/?p=262

I used the NetbookInstaller from this page (it seems to be 0.8.4 with some fixes for 10.6.4).

After that, I restarted the S12 and QE/CI is now working on 10.6.4 !
But I now have the problem that the netbook goes to sleep and awakes about every 5 seconds.

Do you have a suggestion how to solve this?

Thanks in advance
SliderSD

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
hello SliderSD,
the netbookinstaller has probably installed a new .kext that concern the sleep mode.
if you did a backup of your extra folder you can easily compare before/after modification.
sometimes the installler create an extra.backup folder (something like that)
look for differences ... then try to supress the kext you think to be the problem's source.
(look especialy for lidsleep, sleepenabler, osxrestart etc ...)

SliderSD

SliderSD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi HNO3,

thank you for your advice!
I will compare the extra folder from backup to the current directory.

Did you already manage to get QE/CI on 10.6.4 or newer?

Regards

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
hello and merry christmass
no ... each time i updated to 10.6.3v1.1 or 10.6.4 i lost QE/CI.
because graphics are too slow without QE/CI i stay with 10.6.0 which is very reactive and flowless.
i think there is something missing to get it work with 10.6.4 but i don't know what, sorry

mohamad-n-m

mohamad-n-m

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi. i want to know, how can i install Mac os x on ly ideapad s12 but via nano processor version.
i really need to install Mac os in my netbook. help me please.
this froum is the best place where i could ask this question. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy