9400GT, Won't work

silent_64

30 posts in this topic

So I just got a brand spanking new Asus 9400GT, dropped of your friendly neighbourhood postman. But it won't work.

I've tried a few different things, Nvdarwin, the nVidia installer package a few pages back - but nothing, no resolution change, and no QE/CI.

Any ideas?

So I just got a brand spanking new Asus 9400GT, dropped of your friendly neighbourhood postman. But it won't work.

I've tried a few different things, Nvdarwin, the nVidia installer package a few pages back - but nothing, no resolution change, and no QE/CI.

Any ideas?

HI,

have just readen this guide? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Anyone tried this on 10.5.5 ? I cant get it working. I installed the Nvidia 9 drivers, created EFI string using the osx86 tools and CI/QE both is working. But the only thing is that when i tried to run NFS or any other games, the black screen just comes out. When i try to change resolution, the blue screen will come out. Help needed here. This is my xbench results with Quartz GL disabled

Quartz Graphics Test 135.23

Line 111.03 7.39 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 138.10 41.23 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 118.25 9.64 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 112.74 2.84 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 294.10 18.40 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 99.17

Spinning Squares 99.17 125.80 frames/sec

Hi there,

Anyone tried this on 10.5.5 ? I cant get it working. I installed the Nvidia 9 drivers, created EFI string using the osx86 tools and CI/QE both is working. But the only thing is that when i tried to run NFS or any other games, the black screen just comes out. When i try to change resolution, the blue screen will come out. Help needed here. This is my xbench results with Quartz GL disabled

Quartz Graphics Test 135.23

Line 111.03 7.39 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 138.10 41.23 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 118.25 9.64 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 112.74 2.84 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 294.10 18.40 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 99.17

Spinning Squares 99.17 125.80 frames/sec

what is your device id?

what is your device id?

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0641

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1

Displays:

Display Connector:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Any ideas?

What version of the OS are you on? Anything less than 10.5.5 wont let you run the 9600 and lower cards, at least thats what im told, got my 2 9600GTs running in 10.5.6 with the Nvdarwin injector, worked fine with efi strings till i tried to do the dual card strrings and it killed my install. You also said you tried the installer a few posts back. Did you do the EFI string too to enable it? Without the string you wont get anything.

• 3 weeks later...
With 10.5.6 I got my 9400GT 1024MB working wonderfully with the NVidia drivers and an EFI string via osx86tools

Can you pls explain step by step what i need to do? Do brought up the osx86tools, selected "add EFI strings/Boot Flags" , chose 'GFX Strings' but then couldn't find a string for the 9400GT. Can I create my own? any kext i need to install first? Thanks for your help.

Felix

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Graphics by NVIDIA:

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Device ID: 0x0641

Displays:

Display Connector:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

so u got it working already hasteknight1?

i also got a 1gb 9400gt gpu but VRAM (Total) is incorrectly displayed as 256 MB and Quartz Extreme is Not Supported.

i got the same Device & Revision IDs as yours.

will u share the kext/efi-string you're using?

tia.

I just bought a second-hand MSI 945P Neo3 motherboard with 1gb ram. Bought a new Leadtek PX9400GT 512ram PCI-e card. Every works fine using iATKOS_v7 using old driver (NVinject) with CI/QE enabled. Maybe you should try 10.5.7 to solve your graphics problem.

I also tried iDeneb 1.4 and it works using NVinject 0.2.1 512mb. Thanks.

good news guys! this NVEnabler.kext is the best so far!

That's the one

The way it should be. A stock install and add just one thing, no typing Greek/ modifications.

A fully working and fully supported solution, that is independant and flexible.

I have the Zotac 512 dvi vga, probably the most stubborn of any in the 9400gt family.

absolutly no go in iDebeb, stock install safe boot = black screen.

A bit better is safe boot after ipc10.5.6 install, could get to desktop with 99.9% unsupported card.

You'd think that something eventually would work but alas nothing would wake up Zotac.

I dumped the kexts for the 8800gt in another osx desktop and

I managed to do this plist efi string kext modifying stuff sucessully in oxtools, both manual and auto and made the 8800 work again, just so I was sorta confident I could do it.

But every day brings another idea for another 6 approaches.

I found a way to install iAtkos v7 from the v7 thread onto one of my set ups

Gigab ep45, 2.4 quad, MSI 8800gt

It is not a no brainer install like iDeneb or IPC

Once I knew how to do it

then installed it onto the Zotac desktop.

In the video option, I selected only "efi string" enabler, got to black desktop

then I started up again from v7 install disk and selected only NVEnabler and installed that single kext. The theory is, that it in some way communicates with the card, comes to an agreement and signs a working contract. In practice, it works.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have just Got ASUS 9400 GT 512MB. The Card has 3 Ports HDMI, DVI and VGA. I am using DVI to connect to my display. I cannot Get Quartz Extereme supported.

I have tried Macnutty's drivers, tried Aqua mac's driver and EFI String and NVEnabler. But Quartz is not supported.

Here is the output from sys profiles.

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks

Chirag

Sys ProfilerGraphics by NVIDIA:

VRAM (Total): 771 MB

Device ID: 0x065b

Displays:

HP 2009:

Resolution: 1600 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

Try my drivers from here Nvidia 9400 GT

Hi,

I have just Got ASUS 9400 GT 512MB. The Card has 3 Ports HDMI, DVI and VGA. I am using DVI to connect to my display. I cannot Get Quartz Extereme supported.

I have tried Macnutty's drivers, tried Aqua mac's driver and EFI String and NVEnabler. But Quartz is not supported.

Here is the output from sys profiles.

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks

Chirag

Sys ProfilerGraphics by NVIDIA:

VRAM (Total): 771 MB

Device ID: 0x065b

Displays:

HP 2009:

Resolution: 1600 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am sitting with the same problem as chilushah and i have exactly the same card: Asus 9400 GT with device ID 0x065b.

NVenabler gives me a good resolution and so does installing the EFI string using OSX86tools. But I cannot get QE to work and FCP says my total VRAM is 0mb even though System Profiler says 512mb.

i am also trying to install this card anyone have any good results ?

any one have good instructions on how to do it on 10.6.2

I am sitting with the same problem as chilushah and i have exactly the same card: Asus 9400 GT with device ID 0x065b.

NVenabler gives me a good resolution and so does installing the EFI string using OSX86tools. But I cannot get QE to work and FCP says my total VRAM is 0mb even though System Profiler says 512mb.

Hi,

sorry my english, my video card don't work... i tried the EFI String, NVinject, NVDarwin, etc... but no results... help me please...

my card:

Modello Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

Tipo: Monitor

Larghezza Lane PCIe: x4

VRAM (totale): 1024 MB

Fornitore: NVIDIA (0x10de)

ID dispositivo: 0x0641

ID revisione: 0x00a1

Revisione ROM: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Monitor:

Monitor:

Risoluzione: 1024 x 768

Profondità: Colore 32-bit

Monitor principale: Sì

Mirror: Spento

Online: Sì

Quartz Extreme: Non Supportata

Installation disk ideneb 1.4 1.5.6

kernel voodoo 9.5.0...

Hi,

sorry my english, my video card don't work... i tried the EFI String, NVinject, NVDarwin, etc... but no results... help me please...

my card:

Modello Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

Tipo: Monitor

Larghezza Lane PCIe: x4

VRAM (totale): 1024 MB

Fornitore: NVIDIA (0x10de)

ID dispositivo: 0x0641

ID revisione: 0x00a1

Revisione ROM: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Monitor:

Monitor:

Risoluzione: 1024 x 768

Profondità: Colore 32-bit

Monitor principale: Sì

Mirror: Spento

Online: Sì

Quartz Extreme: Non Supportata

Installation disk ideneb 1.4 1.5.6

kernel voodoo 9.5.0...

It doesn't work because of your AsRock mobo. If you want to get your graphic card working you have to by a new mobo with PCI-e x16.

i am also trying to install this card anyone have any good results ?

any one have good instructions on how to do it on 10.6.2

I have an Asus EN9400GT card, I thought it was a 9600GT but a check on the sticker showed I was wrong.

Mine worked out of the box on a Gigabytes G31M-E2L motherboard using the myhack installer. I can see translucene and other effects and apart from one bug, works perfectly well with no dedicated effort.

The one defect is that at startup, I sometimes get either a blue screen with no cursor, or a black screen with a cursor. It appears to be displaying nothing at all, but once the energy saver kicks in, it works immediately afterwards. I set my Energy Saver to be 1 minute and thats it.

I used the install from here http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-retai...for-g31m-t3672/

and followed it pretty much exactly apart from the bit about generating the dsdt.aml and simply copied this off the downloaded pack. I assumed (wrongly) I had a 9600GT but everything seems to work perfectly well.

I also replaced the fan on the 9400GT as it has a high pitched whine.

Of course your mileage may vary, but I'm pretty happy with the system as a whole!

Rob.

Any ideas?

I have the Asus 9400GT 512MB card running under Snow Leopard. I followed the information here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=0#entry1349768

and it works for me.

I run the 32 bit kernel. Didn't use anything clever at all, just followed the instructions.