Poll Because of OSX86 I Will Buy A Mac?

I will buy a mac becuase of x86.org and hacks  

188 members have voted

1. 1. I will buy a mac because of OSX86

• I will buy a mac because of OSX86
    • I will buy a mac becuase of OSX86 but not now as there will be better machines when newer chips come out and 2nd Rev. are always better and present offerings have to many problems
    • I will NOT buy a mac as the price to performance ratio is not good and my machine is just as good.
    • The "Elite" Hardware image Apple had is gone right now, so NO, no mac's for me yet!

28 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

I did want a Mac at one time but there commerals have changed my opion of Apple. They trash Windows and the in the next breath hey you can install Windows on a Mac! I for one have never had a BSOD or lockup,reboot or crash on my PC nor has my Hackintosh both custom built.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1gz G4 lappy and a 1.67 G4 lappy, I bought these before x86, x86 on my pc is just for fun, all my real world stuff gets done on G4's.......

After buying 2, I would still go out and buy a new Mac Book Pro !

I kinda wanted a mac before OSX86, but wouldn't have bought one due to not knowing much about them... and the price.

After I started using osx86 I decided that buying a real Mac would be most definately worth it. I know it is over priced and I could build a better computer for much cheaper, but it's a real Mac.

So the majority of us *will* buy a Mac because of OSX86. I guess S J can be happy.

I want to buy either a Macbook/Macbook Pro or a desktop which costs around 1,500 Dollars or Eur, in its basic configuration (if and when one comes out). I am not considering anything else at the moment.

But I'll wait for the core 2 duo.

It is the only reasonable thing to do. I have always considered Windows sh#t and Linux is disappointing me at the moment, after several years.

I have ALWAYS owned macs..ALWAYS. from my first comp to nearly a month ago when I got two dead PC boxes and made a frankenbox out of the bits that still went.

If it makes you feel better to own a MAC then sweet.

If its a Hackintosh then sweet.

After a while all boxes become the same: a Tool. and thats pretty much it...

For me, Lurking here over the last wee while, Well i've had more fun reading the trials and tribulations of the users here than I have had for a while now....

I have been more educated and inspired than i can remember.

So i think yeah maybe I'll buy a mac again in the future ( Cos they still look pretty sweet to me, the Mac pro that is.)

But I am SOOOOOOOOO gonna build a hackintosh...

Coz its there and coz I can

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Being in the IT-Business for almost 20 years now, I´ve always worked with DOS / Windows boxes. OSX/86 convinced me to try OSX. Installed it on a Fujitsu Desktop PC, tried it for a few days, sold my new Asus Notebook and got myself a Macbook instantly.

OSX/86 is the reason why i own a mac now.

• 2 weeks later...

Voted for the second option.

Before OSX86, I thought of buying a Mac, but never got to it.

Now, I'm pretty certain that I'm gonna replace my computer with a MacBook Pro when they switch over to Core 2 Duo CPUs; or when I run in to too much trouble with OSX86 :).

i vote for the option two, but also agree with option three.

now i have a 100% working osx box, and i don't plan to change it.

it's good good for me as home/multimedia/storage computer.

i have all working w/o problems + big display(i plan to buy in a month) + big storage(very easy upgradable)

and Leopard don't worry me, i can use Tiger and i'm happy with it.

just like i installed iTunes 7 and through an hour delete it and now use 6 again.

but in the future i planned to buy a laptop, and i sure what it will be Mac Book. maybe next generation.

• 1 month later...

w00t just got my MacBook Pro Core 2 duo today! OSx86 was a great influence, since I haven't used mac in years prior to this piece of software making me give it a second look. I have been a linux user for a few years, and this and the fact that I was in the market for a new laptop led me to MBP. That and the $400 student discount.

• 2 weeks later...