ATI Mobility Radeon 4650 Full Res [No QE/CI]

SilentViper

87 posts in this topic

i got all resulotion but got a problem with my mouse pointer.. my mouse is faded cant see any mouse icon... plus.. i didnt get qe/ci enable...

to get your cursor back edit the info.plist inside RadeonHD.kext for the EnableHWCursor feature on the next line change true to false and No You weren't supposed to get qe/ci enabled the threads title was NO QE/CI

even if you have an ati graphics adapter. the mac osx can still be installed on your computer? that sounds good.

installation iz not solution

what will u do with osX if u hav 1gb new series ati card and u cant watch videos no games and all graphics releted things are very poor but heat producing from card iz very high... and so on.......

Hello All,

I had to dump the other ATI kexts from the Extensions folder to get my hackintosh to boot in normal mode. Without the normal mode boot I couldn't mount my flash drive or CD drive to add additional Kexts. I need to know what other kexts dong's kext needs to have to run. It doesn't load citing missing something when i check the system.log file. Any help here would be most appreciated.

Can someone give me a list of kexts that dongs kext is dependent on?\

FYI im running off Hazards Snow Leo bootable disk with 10.6.1 and 10.6.2 Patched in.

why does it says 256mb and not 1g , as i got ati hd radeon 4650 1g card and not 256

ATI RADEON HD 4650:

Chipset Model: ATI RADEON HD 4650

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9498

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

why does it says 256mb and not 1g , as i got ati hd radeon 4650 1g card and not 256

ATI RADEON HD 4650:

Chipset Model: ATI RADEON HD 4650

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9498

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

beacause it does not supports mobility 4650 :)

and one thing very important for all... osx kills batry life in laptops or damages

1. DO NOT use Large red font -- it the web equivalent of screaming and it deters even me from responding, i was tempted to ignore you altogether

2. Did you read my 1st post? -- this thread has been read almost 8000 times and your the first one who claims you cant even start

3. relax

4. Final Cut Pro requires QE/CI to work which you won't get using this. this only gives you full res. -- it's like using your computer is safe mode except with full resolution.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know this has been asked a million times before...but is there any chance of enabling QE/CI on this card?

I know for a fact that ATI makes a Linux driver called Catalyst that enables hardware acceleration, but due to my lack of programming skills, I can't make my own port. Has anyone looked into porting this?

If you have any. Kext ATI have to re removel, why did this procedure but there was no price is not identical and carries the other resolutions, but Teho other kext pertaining to ATI.

that made ZERO sense can you please try to clarify

I know this has been asked a million times before...but is there any chance of enabling QE/CI on this card?

I know for a fact that ATI makes a Linux driver called Catalyst that enables hardware acceleration, but due to my lack of programming skills, I can't make my own port. Has anyone looked into porting this?

No there is currently not a chance at making this work with qe/ci unless apple uses it in a future computer

everyone who is capable of porting the driver is already using those skills to make money elsewhere

• 1 month later...

Hi,

no QE/CI....i had the same problem with my Ati Mobility HD2600. And other problems with kexts, wireless, booting, or after a software update (os 10.6.2 to 10.6.3).

After YEARS of waiting for graphic drivers (no chance for Ati Mobility) i decided to buy a Macbook Pro 15". I can tell you, you cannot compare a Hackintosh to a real Mac. Not only the software but also the hardware makes the mac&apple experience.

I know, Macbooks are not cheap, but when I think back of the time I was spending here with problems on my hackbook i think it was the best decision to buy a mac.

I can appeal to people with only basic tecnical knowledge (or with with Ati Mobility:-) to buy a real mac. Don't waste your time in this forums!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My Mobility 4650 works fine now. all resolutions available

with dong's driver http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190586 use the December 18th update

Move ATIRadeonX2000.kext to an non-functional spot

such as:

sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.back

then reboot with -x

boot in and run

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/RadeonHD.kext/Contents/Info.plist

and change

to

will post screenshot in a minute

EDIT: 10.6.2 Does Work but you need to boot in 32 bit with

-x32

do NOT inject GraphicsEnabler=Yes you will end up in Vesa Graphics Mode

Hello SilentViper,

I followed you detailed guide and the system worked fine the first time after the reboot (my notebook is a Sony Vaio) in 1920x1080 but with a graphic corrupted mouse. To solve this problem I tried to change graphic resolution (1600x900) but with a big problem: the screen has turned white with dark spots blurred. Now I can not return to the initial resolution (1920x1080), I tried setting the parameters in the bootloader but without success, the screen works fine for 2-3 seconds but then turns white to dark spots blurred ... :)

How can I fix this?

Thanx

I reinstalled iDeneb initializing the disk and now the resolution is great!

Video is set to 1920x1080 32bit and it shows very well, the only problem is that instead of the mouse I have a square area of video memory dirty ...

I tried to follow your guide disabling hardware mouse:

<key> enableHWCursor </ key>

<false/>

and after the reboot the mouse was perfect, but when I rebooted again the mouse was again a square area corrupted. Could be a cache extensions problem to be reset or similar in order to take effect the new setting?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

first of all: thank you for this perfect guide.

Then: Sorry for my bad English, I hope you understand what I mean...

Now to the topic:

It's nice to see Snow Leo in a better resolution than VESA :)

But I have a problem in which I could find no solution, despite a long search:

I installed 10.6.4 (Empire-EFI legacy -> OsX 10.6.3 retail -> Update to 10.6.4) and [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].

Then I followed the steps you explained in the first post (disabling ATIRadeonX2000, installing RadeonHD, disabling GraphicsEnabler and HardwareCursor).

Now I can boot without problems in 32bit-Mode, but the desktop only appears on an external screen (via VGA-Port).

All the messages while the boot-progress appear on the internal one, but when the process is finished the internal screen gets black (with backlight) and the external becomes active (in full resolution, 1920x1080).

Changing the value of "BacklightLevel" in RadeonHD.kext/Contents/Info.plist had no effect.

Booting with the -x flag brings on the internal VESA-resolution (external inactive).

Does anybody have an idea, how I can make my internal screen active, with the possibility to adjust the resolutions there?

Some data of my system:

DELL Studio 1747

i7 720 (1,6 GHz)

ATI Mobility Radeon 4650

Max. Resolution of the internal Screen: 1600x900

External Screen: Acer T230H, FullHD.

I hope somebody could help my...

The present situation is not the end of the world, but always take an external screen is not quite the sense of a laptop ;)

Many thanks and best wishes!

Raphael

Hi,

first of all: thank you for this perfect guide.

Then: Sorry for my bad English, I hope you understand what I mean...

Now to the topic:

It's nice to see Snow Leo in a better resolution than VESA :)

But I have a problem in which I could find no solution, despite a long search:

I installed 10.6.4 (Empire-EFI legacy -> OsX 10.6.3 retail -> Update to 10.6.4) and [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].

Then I followed the steps you explained in the first post (disabling ATIRadeonX2000, installing RadeonHD, disabling GraphicsEnabler and HardwareCursor).

Now I can boot without problems in 32bit-Mode, but the desktop only appears on an external screen (via VGA-Port).

All the messages while the boot-progress appear on the internal one, but when the process is finished the internal screen gets black (with backlight) and the external becomes active (in full resolution, 1920x1080).

Changing the value of "BacklightLevel" in RadeonHD.kext/Contents/Info.plist had no effect.

Booting with the -x flag brings on the internal VESA-resolution (external inactive).

Does anybody have an idea, how I can make my internal screen active, with the possibility to adjust the resolutions there?

Some data of my system:

DELL Studio 1747

i7 720 (1,6 GHz)

ATI Mobility Radeon 4650

Max. Resolution of the internal Screen: 1600x900

External Screen: Acer T230H, FullHD.

I hope somebody could help my...

The present situation is not the end of the world, but always take an external screen is not quite the sense of a laptop :P

Many thanks and best wishes!

Raphael

disable *all* ATIxxxx.kexts, especially ATI4600Controller.kext and also AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext *

if this not helps, try booting with AppleGraphicsController.kext removed.

RadeonHD:kext is meant to be the one and only Graphics Kext in S/L/E folder for us Ati Laptop users.

*you can also safely delete all the GeForcexxx,NVDAxxxx and AppleIntelGMAxxx kexts too ( we dont have these cards )

Please give feedback if this helps - Good Luck :-)