Editing PS/2 keyboard functions in OS X

9 posts in this topic

I have a PS/2 keyboard for my hackintosh that has extra features like itunes controls, internet, email, back, forward, sleep, etc, and I'd like to get them working under OS X.

Right now, the volume keys work fine, and if I press the sleep key it shuts the computer down immediately, no warning :blink:

Is there an app out there that will let me edit those extra keys?

What brand is the keyboard? If it is by Logitech or Microsoft, both make utilities for OS X to control the functions of the extra keys. If it is by some other company, you are likely out of luck (the eMachines keyboard I'm using with my system has volume and mute working, but the internet, e-mail, and search buttons do nothing).

What brand is the keyboard? If it is by Logitech or Microsoft, both make utilities for OS X to control the functions of the extra keys. If it is by some other company, you are likely out of luck (the eMachines keyboard I'm using with my system has volume and mute working, but the internet, e-mail, and search buttons do nothing).

Ah...it's an eMachines keyboard. I'm gonna hafta pull that sleep key out to prevent accidental shutdowns.

thanks. Guess i would have to call the FBI to find something on micrsoft's site.They can't even make a good website!

although their keyboard is great. I can eat on the keyboard and nothing will happen!

thanks. Guess i would have to call the FBI to find something on micrsoft's site.They can't even make a good website!

although their keyboard is great. I can eat on the keyboard and nothing will happen!

The URL popped up in Google when searching "microsoft driver keyboard"

Start typing www.microsoft.com into Safari and it will auto-complete with www.microsoft.com/mac. Go there and you will see a list of the main Mac-compatible products on the left. Click on "Other Products" and you will get a longer list, which includes "Mice and Keyboards". If you click on that, you will get this page : http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherproducts...iceandkeyboards