Please help, really pulling my hair out.. Really..

b727cap

1 post in this topic

Hello,

I have really reached the point where I'm looking at G5 1.6's on eBay, as I've totally hit all kinds of brick walls here with a Dell Precision 670, using either Geforce 9600 GT, or Quadro 3400, or ATI x1650 Pro. I tried nvinject, I edited the NVDANV40HAL.kext/Contents/Info.plist and added 0x00f810de in the string, I got resultion control, but no QE/CI, then I tried an Asus GeForce 9600GT, lol - that was resulting in blackscreen - then tried an ATI x1650, which ended up with spinning beachball after installing the drivers...

SO - What I would like to KINDLY ask, and please forgive me for being like this, is

* What is ANY PCI-E video card that will work with minimal steps and I will not suffer through the process

I guess I am requesting a favor, in that someone actually tell me that - " Look - buy this, and install that driver, and it wil work"

I really don't want to buy a G5 1.6, as it's quite lame actually, I know as I have a late 2005 G5 Dual core 2.3, with 6G RAM, and it's really quite slow - but I can't afford to be stuck in the middle with these video cards all the time as I refuse to use Windows anymore.

Again, I'm sorry for this type of question, and sorry if it's in the wrong forum - but I have gotten EVERYTHING else on the machine working perfectly, except Video. I have spent hours(days) on the site trying to get especially the quadro working to no avail. I really tried.

BTW I was successful in making my Dell Precision M70 laptop completely 100% working with everything, Video QE/CI, WiFi, LAN, etc EVERYTHING works. Thank you for this site.

Regards

B727