The "Explain your nickname" thread

Swad

266 posts in this topic

well, mine <wasted brain> is has somewhat unlucky history.

back in high school i had persistent cough,which actually lasted quite long,a year i guess, and for that time period, the doc kept on giving me antibiotics.

i became so weak due to that. so my mom i went to another doctor and asked for medication,and the doc gave me an immune build-up therapy as how i recalled it, vitamin c,ascorbic acid and stuff.

that doc told my mom of the possible effects of too much antibiotics on my health and possibly my brain.

i was,ehem, as what my teachers say, a very excellent student,in academics....and my achievements that time can prove it,i think...but then after my sickness, my brain degraded,so much. i became forgetful,i think i lack short term memory,lol. and i just can be as deep as i was before as a thinker...so ya,i think my brains were wasted already.

there goes wasted brain.

I enjoyed your stories very much guys. Thank you!

As for me, when I was in my second semester of Informatics (1993) I discovered this wonderful thing called "MUD" (Multy User Dungeon/Dimension). Basically, it's a text based role playing game (I played "The Abyss" and "The Forest's Edge"). I named myself Nekrodamus after the main character of an argentinean graphic novel because friends thought I looked like him. I even added a little pic of Nekrodamus here. I can make this classic novel by Hector Österheld and Horacio Lalia available (in spanish) if someone is interested. It has been released to the public, so it's OK.

After the years passed I found Nekrodamus to be rather long, so I simply called myself "Nek" or "Nekro". At some point I discovered there was this fruity italian singer guy that called himself that and I dropped the name altogether. I modified it a bit and became "Nektheheck". In order to create more chaos and confusion, I will also call myself "TheHeck", "Heck", "Hecke" (germans find that one funny) or (yes, you guessed right) "Hecker".

This is the first time I have ever revealed this to anybody (mainly because no-one really cared to ask, really). I never thought there could be so much history behind a simple nick.

Cheers,

hecker

post-46589-1172744680_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Back in the day when Diablo II was a big thing and everyone was playing I wanted to have a name that meant something (at least to me). I took all the letters in my name and rearranged them and spelled Refrost. When my friends saw it they were like, wtf thats a dumb name. When I told them it was my name, just rearranged they thought is kinda neat.

That was about 3 years ago... been using it since.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mines pretty easy. Goes back to gaming days. We are a group of 6 friends all playing the same games, so we put together our last names and came up with DiCroSi (DIer, CROwnover, SImpson) and have used it for everything. House Dicrosi, subbed to Malice on most games (Shadowbane, WoW)

Course there are a lot of "friends" that now consider themselves Dicrosi's, but only the six of us are true Dicrosi's.

Anyways, thats it.

• 2 weeks later...

What the hell is a Kyrose?

-Well, the name originated from me and my girlfriend`s name. All letters signify a significant resemblance and connection to us.

K - Kent

Y - Yutaka(My Japanese Name)

ROSE - My Babhie`s Name. (n_n)

Well, that pretty much sums it up. :pirate2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I play Guitar, in specific, I play the brand Dean almost exclusively. When I joined their Forum a few years back, I used the model names of my two Deans, the Jammer, and the ML, hence JammerML.

I use thius ID everywhere now, since I keep finding out that a lot of the people on the Dean Forum frequent many of the same spots I do, and this wa, THey'll be able to identify me easily.

my pseudo for everything is R2k,that begun when i started to play cs ,about `99...

but it is some one else nick on this forum,so i used my real name (the original serian name) Arsenije ..

cheers

--> Extensible Firmware Interface

Currently the most advanced bootloading system for an operating system + the fact that it sounds cool + its what real Macs use.

My nickname originated from my attempts to get a webmail service that would work through Library of Western Austraila web filters. I wanted to use webmonkey, but the first available version of it was webmonkey44.

• 3 weeks later...

Well. My name, just the short version of it. I used to be Dillon, but i hated it. Mostly because people started calling me Dilldo. So I dropped the ON. Then it was Dill, but I hated that too. So I lost another L. and oddly I like there being just three letters. Hence DiL. (Does any of that make sense??) Oh that and my aunt started calling me Devil is Loose.

has no meaning just spelled differently - reason for using it on most forums now is because some of my other nicks began to be taken strangely enuff and i happened to be registering for a site that said site contains explicit content and since then it has yet to be taken :thumbsup_anim:.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really an optimist, and what I understand is that people aren't really thinking ahead (like driving useless Hummers instead of more efficient vehicles that meet your needs, Arnold), which is causing many damages to our planet. Hence FuturDreamz = dream for the future = is this a good idea?

Or it could be that I am a dramatist.

• 3 weeks later...

wow, great stories guys...

mine is somewhat less interesting. i was thinking of a good nick, when my sister bribed me $10 to choose something really crappy and stick with it. i took the money, and I'm not altogether dissatisfied with it. (ok, never mind the last bit)

I hold a B.A. in Music History. I am also an opera lover and a singer (People consider me to be a lyric tenor). One of my favorite operas is Richard Wagner's Die Meistersinger von Nuernburg. (Hint to those that are not familiar with opera, especially German Opera: Die Meistersinger is probably Wagner's sunniest and most accessible opera. I'd see that before tackling any of the later operas like his Ring cycle, Tristan und Isolde, and Parsifal). The main character in the opera, the cobbler Hans Sachs, did actually exist in Nuernburg back in the 15th century and was a Master Singer (meistersinger). In my BBS days, everyone and his brother had a similar nickname. I decided to be different (hey, we're all Macheads around here, RIGHT?) and used meistersinger ever since.

I picked mine because it's unique as a name, but if you Google it you'll never find me in there. :P Well, that's more of an added benefit, the real reason this is my name everywhere is that 1) I like time, I think it's fascinating and all that, and 2) It loosely fits my avatar, which I use everywhere as well. :P. 3, it's also loosely based on a character from Stephen King's The Dark Tower, but it's kind of lost that meaning over time.

• 2 weeks later...

i choose mine because of google

it could also be monitor or drive or html

with google you have been able to find out relly much about me when typing in my old nick.

try this with eject, you will get millions of worthless results