GeForce 8500 GT 512 MB Owners

Hacked Steve Jobs

29 posts in this topic

• 9 months later...

Hey everyone.

I've been trying to get my GeForce 8500GT 512 mb to be QE/CI supporting for a few days now with no luck. I've got full resolutions on both of my monitors but I can't install Logic unless I get QE. NVkush and NVdarwin both give me black screens, adding EFI strings also gives me a black screen, and NVInject seems to be the only thing that has some hope, but I'm new and can't really say for sure.

I used iPC Final to install, 10.5.6, and I'm using the 9.5 Voodoo kernel. I have no problem doing a full install if that will help. If you have any advice or have gotten this card to work before, please help me out! I hate being a noob with this stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I have installed iAtkos V7 (Mac OS X 10.5.7) and QC and QE work fine. The only problem is with the 2 displays. My VGA display boots up fine, but the second (DVI) isn't detected by Mac OS. It works fine in Vista, 7 and XP. I know it's a graphics card/driver problem, but not sure how to fix it. I want both displays on at the same time (with the DVI as the main and the VGA as the extended. When I click "Detect Displays" in the Graphics menu, it doesn't find it. The display is turned on and is connected.

In System Info it says:

NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0421

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: 0x00

Displays: