why i hate christmas time

beermacht

7 posts in this topic

i'm really :pirate2: right now.

my hp g6060eg died yesterday - 22 month old

let's hope that hp didn't find a way out of the warranty

it was that 4th time that this happened to me (within the last 16 years)

not with the same computer, but always between dec 23 and dec. 27.

always when the shops and hotlines are closed - arrrrghhhhh (admins, pleas add the "wallb" smiley)

afaik - a capacitor is gone - the notebook won't boot, when i switch it on, ther is power for about 1 second - thats it.

If you live near the Swiss Border, you can always come use my MacBook ;) !

I have another machine to work with!! :angel:

SticMAC

i'm really :pirate2: right now.

always when the shops and hotlines are closed - arrrrghhhhh (admins, pleas add the "wallb" smiley)

afaik - a capacitor is gone - the notebook won't boot, when i switch it on, ther is power for about 1 second - thats it.

well, not that near (30km behind nuremberg) - but since we have 4 other pc's in our family and if they all ;) up - the apple tv or my treo or my e63 will do their duty on the net :pirate2:

if anything goes wrong with hp and their "warranty" - and if i'm not able to fix it by myself (i was in the cell phone repair business a few years ago) - it will be replaced

but if the new one will be a mac.... - depends on the price, the smaller ones are not that good and the pro's are mostly not worth the money, the air looks great and i can have a new one for 1000€ - but 1000€ for a larger netbook is pretty expensive

i still have my vaio p11z and my eee1005 - both are with 7 and sl (the eee is a triple boot with ubuntu) - but the size of my g6060eg was perfect, great performance for that old notebook

• 2 weeks later...

What I have noticed is that things go wrong almost always during the weekend, preferably on Saturday :D

So you have to wait 2 days in order to have them fixed.

• 1 month later...

Your laptop died. Oh no. On Dec 25th 07 my aunt and uncle, and my two cousins died in a car crash on the way to my house to celebrate christmas with me. -Applause-

i'm really :P right now.