Snow Leopard 10.6.1 AMD (Hazard) Install help

sysguru

4 posts in this topic

hi...

Mac os 10.5.2 Zepyroth rev.2 installed successfully working perfectly...

AMD 3200+, 1 GB RAM,

Asus a8n-vm -geforce 6100 nforce 410lan

i would like to update my mac os to 10.6. so i just found this guy "Snow Leopard 10.6.1 AMD (Hazard)"

my quest. is how to install this version ... in my pc... i need guidance for selecting kernal's and driver;s because in this dvd has lot kernal's are there... so which kernal ,boot loader , drivers should select... plz... guide me...

10.6.2 will support my machine ?

thanks advance

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
hi...

Mac os 10.5.2 Zepyroth rev.2 installed successfully working perfectly...

AMD 3200+, 1 GB RAM,

Asus a8n-vm -geforce 6100 nforce 410lan

i would like to update my mac os to 10.6. so i just found this guy "Snow Leopard 10.6.1 AMD (Hazard)"

my quest. is how to install this version ... in my pc... i need guidance for selecting kernal's and driver;s because in this dvd has lot kernal's are there... so which kernal ,boot loader , drivers should select... plz... guide me...

10.6.2 will support my machine ?

thanks advance

It has a few nvidia drivers that you can choose.

For me, I have geforce 7300 gs: Both Natit & nvidiaenabler works well.

About kernel, I use Legacy 10.3.0 on AMD 3600 - The kernel works quite well for me.

* Note: If you want to use Legacy Kernel 10.3.0, you need PPF patch that can be found from leohazard download page. You need to patch the original iso with that PPF using some program & burn the iso.

The PPF patch has some useful patch; I think it's worthy to use it.

I choose items below during installation:

1. Legacy kernel 10.3.0

2. one of the SMBIOS patch

3. Natit (Also tried nvidiaenabler before with success)

4. patch AMD

5. Lan driver (for me attansic L1 driver): If you don't have one that supports your card, don't select any or you will get stuck @ configuration process.

6. AppleAzalia Audio driver (my build in audio = ALC 662)

I forgot if I chose anything else more. I advise you not to install more than necessary patch or driver.

After you install all the things and apps, you should patch /system & /applications with Marven's AMD Utility: for CPUID stuff.

After all the things are done, the OS is working quite well so far on my machine.

Goodluck

• 2 months later...