i7 Hackintosh Review and Guide - With Pics!

105 posts in this topic

As far as I know the only way to get back to 10.6.2 is to reinstall OS X entirely.

The rest of your question doesn't make much sense.

Ok... I've done a bit more research and couldn't save my build so I got a fresh new harddrive and tried to install again from scratch but... I keep getting an error like this:

:/root#buildcapanic(cpu0caller0x78739f60): "No HPETs available... CPU(s)configuredincorrectly\n"@/SourceCache/AplleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-90/pmThread.c:148

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace (CPU O), frame : ReturnAddress (4 potential args on stack)

0x78633f08 : 0x21acfa (0x5ce650 0x78633f3c 0x223156 0x0)

0x78633f58 : 0x78739f60 (0x787453a8 0x8 0xbdd69b22 0x4)

0x78633fc8 : 0x29c6bc (0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0)

Kernel Extentions in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement(90.0.0)@0x78735000 0x7874cff

BSB process name corresponding to current thread: kernet_task

Mac OS version:

10A432

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 10.0.0:Fri Jul 31 22:47:34 PDT 2009;root:xnu-1456.1.25~1/RESLEASE_1386

System model name: MacPro4,1

...now this was before the complete fresh new build but it is coming up with a simular error.

Any ideas?

-TheAgapist

I was planing to build a hackintosh similar to this (check link) Mac Pro

Im very new too this and dont have clue about computers componets and stuff anymore.

If someone have an idea how to build this I would be very happy!

Greets,

dah_

I was planing to build a hackintosh similar to this (check link) Mac Pro

Im very new too this and dont have clue about computers componets and stuff anymore.

If someone have an idea how to build this I would be very happy!

Greets,

dah_

The biggest key to building a successful hackintosh, is getting the most compatible mother board you can find and learn as much as you can about installing Mac OS X on PC hardware by reading the forums.

There are no quick and easy solutions to building one. It's a learning process and you will stumble. If you want quick and easy and hassle free, buy a Mac Pro...

if you want to build the closest thing to a mac pro, I would suggest buying one of the most compatible motherboards right now....the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 it will support the new Intel 6 core CPU as well.

I highly recommend the Kakewalk method of installation... it is the easiest and most trouble free...

I am running this board and a i7 920 overclocked to 3.33 GHz it runs a little faster than a real Mac Pro with the same specs. Everything works as it should and is very stable..

Good luck.

post-277252-1282940519_thumb.jpg

The biggest key to building a successful hackintosh, is getting the most compatible mother board you can find and learn as much as you can about installing Mac OS X on PC hardware by reading the forums.

There are no quick and easy solutions to building one. It's a learning process and you will stumble. If you want quick and easy and hassle free, buy a Mac Pro...

if you want to build the closest thing to a mac pro, I would suggest buying one of the most compatible motherboards right now....the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 it will support the new Intel 6 core CPU as well.

I highly recommend the Kakewalk method of installation... it is the easiest and most trouble free...

I am running this board and a i7 920 overclocked to 3.33 GHz it runs a little faster than a real Mac Pro with the same specs. Everything works as it should and is very stable..

Good luck.

post-277252-1282940519_thumb.jpg

Cheers mate, that will help me alot. Will check more into it and get some help from friends that knows more about computers then I.

Cheers!

• 5 months later...

hey guys any news on what you'd recommend as the fastest setup that still doesnt smash your wallet into pieces?

Since the last post from dah is already half a year old I would like to know if there are any other recommendations?

So far i'm thinking of getting dah's setup:

http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/a377292.html

http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/a401758.html

= 450 EUR