Radeon HD 5750

lordofthedread

50 posts in this topic

Well, after the reading and lots of tries installing osx(including adding the dev-id 0x68BE1002 in kext) on my machine without success(only because the video of course), we'll have to wait for a driver or there's no way to use the Radeon HD 5750 ?

Thanks.

Ooooook, good news for 5750 users. Now i have my XFX Radeon 5750 working with both DVI at 1920x1080. Used this amazing tutorial: https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B8c6FQ...4MDEy&hl=en

But changed my ATY_Init to use Vervet(i'll be attaching). GraphicsEnabler=No and only tested 32bit, aaand still not tested the HDMI output. i'll be doing some tests later and updating here.

ATY_Init.kext.zip

Well, tested alone HDMI output and HDMI + both DVI and also worked. Only OGL3 isn't working, OpenCL looks to be working too. i'll be posting some screens =)

How did you get this? Could you help me please? Do you have a manual or something?

How did you get this? Could you help me please? Do you have a manual or something?

My post before have a link to a google docs manual. the only thing that you''l do different it's use the ATY_init.kext that i have attached in the post. if doesn't work, tell me, i did the installation with success more than twice XD

Well, tested alone HDMI output and HDMI + both DVI and also worked. Only OGL3 isn't working, OpenCL looks to be working too. i'll be posting some screens =)

Hey Redvulps, did you get audio through HDMI as well? It's the only thing stopping me from wiping my current hackintosh and rebuilding it with my spare 5750.

Hey Redvulps, did you get audio through HDMI as well? It's the only thing stopping me from wiping my current hackintosh and rebuilding it with my spare 5750.

yup but i've forgotten what voodoohda.kext that i've used =| .. the one that i'm using now don't work with HDMI audio, but let all the other audio outputs works.

I think that you have to search for it, sorry. but if i found it here, i'll be posting.

yup but i've forgotten what voodoohda.kext that i've used =| .. the one that i'm using now don't work with HDMI audio, but let all the other audio outputs works.

I think that you have to search for it, sorry. but if i found it here, i'll be posting.

In the google docs tutorial you posted, it just said voodoohda from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Did you modify/patch it in anyway after installing the kext?

A lot of people using voodoohda have issues with the video-card HDMI sound interfering with their onboard sound, so they have to edit the info.plist. In my case, I only use HDMI sound :(

In the google docs tutorial you posted, it just said voodoohda from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Did you modify/patch it in anyway after installing the kext?

A lot of people using voodoohda have issues with the video-card HDMI sound interfering with their onboard sound, so they have to edit the info.plist. In my case, I only use HDMI sound ;)

Nope, i've got my voodoohda from a topic specific for my motherboard(P7P55D LE). and really don't knew about this problem, and i really dunno how to patch voodoohda in this case =|

Hi!

Have tried to get my XFX HD 5750 512 mb work on my Hackintosh for a month now.

now ive decided to reward the person who help me to get it fully working.

The reward is a Steam Account with the following games:

Counter Strike Source

Half life 2

Half life 2 Deathmatch

Halflife Source

Halflife detahmatch Source

Halflife 2 Lost Coast

The reward is only for the one tht really get it to work. First come, first served

Many many thanks

// Erik

You can contact me via email if you want to: eriikn@live.se

• 3 weeks later...
My post before have a link to a google docs manual. the only thing that you''l do different it's use the ATY_init.kext that i have attached in the post. if doesn't work, tell me, i did the installation with success more than twice XD

Hi I went through all the information in the Google link.

Every thing seem to go fine except that I get a kernel panic at boot.

I have attached a copy of the screen in -v mode.

I have also tried to start in -x mode, it doesn't change any thing.

I read on other forum to put -x32 instead of i386

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-x32</string>

It doesn't change any thing...

What else shall I do?

Thanks for help

post-120757-1283347341_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I Have A Little Dilema I Have A XFX 5750 1Gb W/Dual 24" Screens Hooked Up Through DVI,

And OSX 10.6.4 Patched With [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].

I've Followed Your Google Tutorial And Everything Went Well Up Until After I Install The ATIRadeonX3000.Kext

When I Reboot My Computer Starts The Apple Shows And The Loading Ring Spins Like Its Booting Just Fine

But Then The Screen Goes All To Scrambles And It Just Sits There.

I Can Reboot In Safe Mode Just Fine Remove The Kext And Reboot Normal With No Errors :/

What Should I Do To Achieve Full Resolution ?

( I Currently Only Have 1024 x 768 As An Option, And My Screens Are Mirrored )

Even When I Try The Above Mentioned .Plist Edit

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1920x1080x32</string>

And Reboot My Screens Only Show At 1400x1050 In The Display Settings.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! :( THANX

ASUS P7P55D

XFX 5750 1Gb

Mac OSX 10.6.4

UPDATE !!!! - I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY GOTTEN MY 5750 1Gb XFX CARD TO SHOW DUAL SCREEN WITH ALL RESOLUTIONS. :D YYAYY

Things Done Differently

I Installed Chameleon 2 RC5 Unofficial Package Installer, Based on Latest RC5 Trunk.

YOU CAN FIND IT HERE - Chameleon 2 Unofficial Package (InsanelyMac)

And By Editing The Info.plist File Inside Of The ATI5000Controller.Kext

And Adding My Device Id To The List Of Supported Devices. " 0x68be1002 " ( Same For All 5750 )

Use The Kext Helper To Repair All Kext After Install The Ati Kext Files ( Should Be 7 Total ) AND REBOOT :)

Everything Seems To Be Working Right Now. Ill Update Again Later With Confirmation.

When I Reboot My Computer Starts The Apple Shows And The Loading Ring Spins Like Its Booting Just Fine

But Then The Screen Goes All To Scrambles And It Just Sits There.

Exact same situation here, so far I've found 3 other owners of a 5750 card with the same problems. Tried kabyl's bootloader and Mohamed's. So far nothing works..

EDIT: Succes! I've managed to get it working like the post above mentions: inject device-id 0x68be1002 in the ATI5000 info.plist.

Hi guys,

I've just buy an HD 5750 after my 8800 GT was dead and I'm wondering how can I boot and make any changes with this only card I have ???

Or the only way is to buy another GPU ?

Any idea ? Or something to do in single user mode ? It's possible to make changes to ATI5000Controller.Kext in single user mode ?

greatings

• 1 month later...

I have been fighting with my HIS 5750 for months now and I finally was able to edit the ati5000 plist correctly. It started up great and I adjust the resolution to 2560 etc. I restarted later after doing nothing and now its starts up with the monitor in sleep mode. I tried changing the 32 bit =no back and forth and it sometimes will startup black screen. It always shows the spinning gear but just when its about to show the desktop it does it. I can always startup in safe mode and see everything as always.

Any ideas please?

I have been fighting with my HIS 5750 for months now and I finally was able to edit the ati5000 plist correctly. It started up great and I adjust the resolution to 2560 etc. I restarted later after doing nothing and now its starts up with the monitor in sleep mode. I tried changing the 32 bit =no back and forth and it sometimes will startup black screen. It always shows the spinning gear but just when its about to show the desktop it does it. I can always startup in safe mode and see everything as always.

Any ideas please?

I have the Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 and it works in 32 bit. The displayport (and hdmi) port kind of work but not like it should so the three displays option you should be able to get does´nt work you just get a mirrored third desktop. That is when it decides to work lol.

So is there any news about this card?

I mean it´s in the new macs now so it should work pretty much out of the box I think.

Anybody?

Thanks where did you get the cham experimental, here? I´m thinking it might work with my 5750 too. On my other rig I have two videocards and I´m using three displays. Would like to be able to use my displayport = three displays with the 5750 also.

I´m googling for it but if you have it please upload it.

Thanks

Thanks where did you get the cham experimental, here? I´m thinking it might work with my 5750 too. On my other rig I have two videocards and I´m using three displays. Would like to be able to use my displayport = three displays with the 5750 also.

I´m googling for it but if you have it please upload it.

Thanks

Just run [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] from tonymacx86 with new RC5 ATI expiremental bootloader, shutdown, swap videocard, cross fingers...

Best to test with 2 partitions or 2 HD.

• 4 months later...

Im the only one who don`t see any sense on this? (about the video card)

It is beyond me to understand why the 5xxx series are not working on hackintosh systems if those cards are actually shipped on reals iMacs? Unless they ship useless iMacs which just gave me 2 options:

1.- Apple are a bunch of morons that give iMacs than when you turn it on a black screen appears (seriously!?)

2.- There is something in the panorama Im missing?

real-imacs.png