Dual Boot + Parallels 5?

3 posts in this topic

I have installed on this PC Windows 7 and then OS X 10.6..2 from the Hazard disc. Everything is working fine and I get the PC EFI bootloader and can pick between Windows and MacOS at boot time.

In Mac OS I installed Parallels 5 and it automatically created a VM for "Boot Camp" however each time I try to boot it I get a message that is is preparing the partition for use. After a while it says it is going to boot and that I should install the parallels guest tools. After this I can see in the parallels window a virtual BIOS and it can not find the boot disk.

It this possible to get working?

• 5 months later...
I have installed on this PC Windows 7 and then OS X 10.6..2 from the Hazard disc. Everything is working fine and I get the PC EFI bootloader and can pick between Windows and MacOS at boot time.

In Mac OS I installed Parallels 5 and it automatically created a VM for "Boot Camp" however each time I try to boot it I get a message that is is preparing the partition for use. After a while it says it is going to boot and that I should install the parallels guest tools. After this I can see in the parallels window a virtual BIOS and it can not find the boot disk.

It this possible to get working?

I'm having the same problem with parallels 5. Can't find the boot disk. There is a separate issue with windows 7 + parallels, but this is isolated to osx86..

OS X 10.6.3 + Gigabeast = working fantastic

Windows 7

Bootloader is seeing mac and win

Anybody got it working?

• 5 months later...