• Please log in to reply
425 replies to this topic

guitar_frk

guitar_frk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
The ones included in the download originally and the ones you posted. They work fine on my dell 1545, but on his, they refuse to work. Upon first boot, off the boot cd, the track pad works, only in terms or moving, no two finger scrolling and such, but better than nothing... It always works when i boot from the cd, but the kexts in download even after install don't work at all. Could it be a slightly different model? Is there a way to find out what i need to change? Sorry that was a lot of typing, its just been driving me nuts why it isn't working.

eggmcmuffin

eggmcmuffin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
use the kexts i packaged... there here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R8V57AMA

guitar_frk

guitar_frk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Are these the ones you posted before, because i have already tried them, and they didn't work for his computer. They work fine for mine, but on his they do absolutely nothing.

eggmcmuffin

eggmcmuffin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
hmmmmm maybe its newer hardware and dell changed something...

munakib

munakib

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

hmmmmm maybe its newer hardware and dell changed something...

eggmcmuffin, thank you so much for your effort, I was able to get everything to work!!! only wish we could get qe/cl to work someday!

BTW I slightly followed a different method, I used iatkos s3 v2 to install SnowLeopard flawlessly and updated to 10.6.4 and installed your kexts, guitar_frk check if that works for you. Make sure you have a usb keyboard and mouse attached for the installation bit till 10.6.4.

rockybalboaowns

rockybalboaowns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:computers, mac os x, windows, linux, vintage computing, osx86

eggmcmuffin, thank you so much for your effort, I was able to get everything to work!!! only wish we could get qe/cl to work someday!

BTW I slightly followed a different method, I used iatkos s3 v2 to install SnowLeopard flawlessly and updated to 10.6.4 and installed your kexts, guitar_frk check if that works for you. Make sure you have a usb keyboard and mouse attached for the installation bit till 10.6.4.

How did you use iATKOS S3 V2? I tried to install with it once and no luck. What did you check? I currently have Leopard 10.5.8 on my Dell Insprion 1545 working beautifully but getting SL with at least 10.6.4 would be awesome. Thanks :)

eggmcmuffin

eggmcmuffin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
I had 10.5 for a while and it didnt work as well as 10.6

the only thing that its missing is true sleep, QE and CI.... hmmmm maybe ill just buck up the money to get a real macbook before those will happen lol!

Jerime Pope

Jerime Pope

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
For the graphics, and forgive me if this is a stupid question; but the dsdt.aml goes in the HDD root, meaning I open up the HDD and put it in there, correct? Not the hidden "root" folder or inside /Volumes/ (Actual root)?

The reason I'm asking is because I've put dsdt.aml into both / and /Volumes/HDD and I always get the black screen. :(

eggmcmuffin

eggmcmuffin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Yes, it goes in /

if that doesnt work, try /Extras

if that doesnt work, you need a new dsdt!

snackole

snackole

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
How about a thanks for the dsdt? {censored} Clown :D

eggmcmuffin

eggmcmuffin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
ALL HAIL SNACKOLE

Thanks goes out to snack for compiling the correct dsdt to make this hackintosh a little more perfect.

For every download this file gets, i better see a "thank you" comment posted.

Use this dsdt in conjuction with AppleHDA.kext and both AppleIntelGMAX3100(FB).kext

you must boot into 32bit mode for the graphics card to be recognized!!!

Attached Files

suds

suds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

ALL HAIL SNACKOLE

Thanks goes out to snack for compiling the correct dsdt to make this hackintosh a little more perfect.

For every download this file gets, i better see a "thank you" comment posted.

Use this dsdt in conjuction with AppleHDA.kext and both AppleIntelGMAX3100(FB).kext

you must boot into 32bit mode for the graphics card to be recognized!!!

Hi,

Can you please explain what changes we need make to boot into 32 bit .I have got everything working except this native resolution ;)
Thanks

dmac11

dmac11

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Just want to thank you guys for all of your work and help. I have everything working except two fingedr scrolling. It was working, but then it just stopped. Oh well...I'll mess with it later. I'm very happy with the way things are working now. I have an update file for 10.6.6 So I think I'll try that next.

Thanks again.

turbotoes

turbotoes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi all,

video playback problem

With much help from this forum I have a 98% working dell 1545 dualbooting windows 7 and snow leopard updated to 10.6.8. The only thing that does not work is video playback, I'm using the intel kext to enable the correct resolution, but no video playback works, I can get good sound on avi files, stuttering sound on dvds' but no pictures. I also get a blank black box for all youtube clips.

in system profiler the graphics show up as intel GMA X3100 (which figures as this is the kext I used) but the chipset is in fact the 4500 version (I guess this is what is causing the problem)

is there a way to solve this or am I stuck with no video functionality?

Everything works fine in Windows so not a hardware problem....

thanks in advance to anyone who answers this, as I know this thread is a bit old hat now

eggmcmuffin

eggmcmuffin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Thats because QE/CI doesnt work. not sure why youtube doesnt work for you, because it does for me.

Does sleep work for you? would you mind posting your DSDT here? thanks

turbotoes

turbotoes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the reply, I'll have to enable sleep to see if it works, and I'll have to find out what a dsdt is, but when I do I will surely post it!

Tara

eggmcmuffin

eggmcmuffin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
^^ there is no kext for the 4500. the 3100 is modded to "work" and thats why some of the features dont work.

the only things that i still cant get my 1545 to do is:
Sleep
Native power management
QE/CI

Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hi all, I am a Dell 1535 user, but I believe we share a common trackpad. I have an issue where my trackpad doesn't work after sleep. I see most do not have sleep here, but if anyone does, do you experience this issue?

madcitysw

madcitysw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Guys,

I done installing a MAC OS X on a pc before in the past (say several years ago) and now I want to actually use Mac OS X. I have a Inspiron 1545 and already installed Mac OS X 10.6.3 on a HD, but whenever it boots it gives me the restart your computer error message when the OS starts up. I have the retail version from Best Buy. I didn't do anything else other than just installed the MAC OS X and it won't go in the OS to update anything.

Dell Inspiron 1545
Intel Core 2 Duo T6400
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330

I not sure what causing from the OS from booting up into the desktop. Any help?

Attached Files

dmac11

dmac11

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Dell 1545 running OSX 10.6.8. I use Chameleon. I have no other partitions on my drive. I have now decided that I either want to go back to windows (no DVD, no preview, no pages is kinda a bummer) or add a windows partition to add a choice at the chameleon boot screen. Can I do this with my current set up? I have lazily searched here and elsewhere, but I still don't know how to do it. Do I create the partition in OSX disk utility then try an install? Also...how do I now enter set-up? Do I press F1 (or 12) after boot loader, while OSX is starting?

I'm thinking about this stuff while at work and away from my machine, so I can't try this stuff right now.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy