Dell 1545 Snow Leopard Retail/boot132 Install

doriean

426 posts in this topic

:( Hey Everbody, I'm Going To Keep This As Simple As Possible...

FYI, This Is Only For The Dell Inspiron 1545. Lets Begin!

Please Start by Downloading The Following File:

For Premium Members Only........

Download

For Non Premium Members Single Links..........

http://rapidshare.com/files/327129160/Extensions.rar.html Extensions

http://rapidshare.com/files/327129245/Graphics.rar.html Graphics

http://rapidshare.com/files/327129708/Wireless.rar.html Wireless

http://rapidshare.com/files/327129127/Audio.rar.html Audio

http://rapidshare.com/files/327129496/Kext_Utility.rar.html Kext Utility

http://rapidshare.com/files/327129602/Sl_boot_cd.rar.html SL boot cd

Megaupload Link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L7010X5I

Once You Have The rar File, Extract The Folder ( Dell1545SnowLeopard ) To Your Desktop.

Then Extract The SL boot132.iso And Burn It To A Cd Using Your Favorite Iso Software.

Please Make Sure You Have Formated Your Hard Drive To Ntfs/Fat32 Before We Begin.

Now Insert Your Boot321 cd And, Depending On Your Bios, Hit Either ( Esc or F2 ) To Boot From Your Cd Drive.

Once The Boot Cd Has Loaded, Eject It, Insert Your Retail Snow Leopard Install Disk, And Hit F5 ( Note= If Your Disk Wasn't Reconized The First Time Hit F5 Again ).

You Should See Some Scrolling, And Then Mac OS X Snow Leopard Installation Will Begin.

After You Choose Your Language, Choose Utilities From The Above Toolbar, Then Choose Disk Utility.

Once Disk Utility Has Loaded, Choose Your Hard Drive From The Left Pane; Choose Partition, And Under Volume Scheme, Choose 1 Partition.

Give A Name To Your Mac OS X Snow Leopard And Format it as Mac OS X Extended Journaled.

Choose Options, Then Choose GUID Partition Table; Click Ok, Then Click Apply, Then Click Partition, And Once Everything is Done, Close disk Utility.

The Mac OS X Install Screen Will Pop Up; When It Does, Click Continue.

Click Agree, Choose Where You Want To Install Mac OS X, Then Click Install, Then Click Continue.

Mac OS X Will Now Start Installing Mac OS X Snow Leopard On Your Dell Inspiron 1545.

Once Installation Has Finshed, Click Restart.

Once Your Computer Restarts, You Will See Nothing. DONT PANIC -- I Repeat, DONT PANIC ! Everything is Ok.

Eject Your Snow Leopard dvd, Replace It With The Boot321 Cd, And Power Off Your Compter.

Now Restart Your Computer And Again Boot Your Boot321 Cd By Choosing F2.

Once The Boot Cd Has Loaded You Will See Your Mac OS X Snow Leopard Icon. Click On It To Load Your Brand New Snow Leopard Operating System.

After All This, When You Are At Your Mac OS X SL Desktop, You Will Now Notice Your Wireless, Audio And Other Things Are Not Working. This Is A Problem That Can Be Fixed By Following The Instructions Below:

Let's Begin By Transfering The ( Dell1545SnowLeopad ) Folder To Our New Snow Leopard Desktop. ( Via Usb Or Sd Card )

Once This Is Done, Open The Folder And Drag Kext Utility To The Desktop.

We Will Now Begin To Fix All Your Driver/Kext Problems (Your Wireless/Audio/Graphics Issues).

From Here, You Will Install All The Kext Files From The Extensions folder, Located In The (Dell1545SnowLeopard ) Folder,

Once That's Done, You Will Need To Install A Bootloader. On Your Desktop You Should See Your SL Boot Cd. Double Click To Open It, Go To The Post-Install Folder, And Inside the Folder. Double Click On Chameleon 2 RC3 To Install Your Bootloader.

When You Have Finshed Installing Your Bootloader, Eject The Boot Cd And Restart Your Computer.

When You Start Your Computer, The Bootloader Will Ask You Which O.S You Want To Load. You Are Not Dual Booting! Choose The Only O.s Thats Available, Mac OS X.

Now That That's Done We Only Have Three Things Left To Do:

Wireless Audio And The Fabled 1366 x 768 Resolution.

Let's Now Install The Wireless!

In The ( Dell1545SnowLeopard ) Folder, Find The ( I080211Family.Kext ) Folder. Drag And Drop It Into Kext Utility.. This Takes Care Of Wireless (Dont Forget To Restart)!

Now For The Audio:

In The ( Dell1545SnowLeopard ) Folder, Find The ( VoodooHDA.kext ) And Drag And Drop Into Kext Utility. Once Done Double Click On ( VoodooHDA.prefpane ). Follow The Instructions. Don't Forget To Restart Your Computer.

Now The 1366 x 768 Resolution:

In The ( Dell1545SnowLeopard ) Folder, Navagate To The ( GMA4500 Native Resolution ) Folder And Drag And Drop Both The AppleGMAX3100.kext And The APPLE GMAX3100FB.kext Into Kext Utility.

Once Done Copy The DSDT.aml To The Root Of Your Hard Drive And Restart.

And There You Go!

If The 1366 X 768 Didn't Work For You Try Again ( It Took Me Three Times To GeT It To Work ).

Thats It... If You Have Any Questions, Feel Free To Leave A Comment And I Will Try To Help You Out As Best As I Can.

Thanks So Much For Everything.

UPDATE - PLEASE DONY USE THE EXTENSIONS FOLDER INTILL AFTER COMPLETE INSTALL AND RESTART

Wait and see if you need any of the kexts after install this will prevent alot problems.

sorry and thanks.

Thanks a ton, ive been doing research on how to do this on the 1545, all the others are about the older version, 1525. Very clear though. Im planning on buying the Dell Inspiron 1545 this week. But a few quick questions.. Does sleep work, and if not, are there ways to fix it, and how long does the battery last(how many cells you using). Any lagging, or something else not working(even every once in a while). I'm thinking on getting the 4 gigs of ram (and does it run the dual core?). Is it worth it?

I'm sorry for asking all these questions, but i like to learn, and i want this to work as well as possible.

Any help is well appreciated, and ill let you know how it goes after.

Thanks a ton, ive been doing research on how to do this on the 1545, all the others are about the older version, 1525. Very clear though. Im planning on buying the Dell Inspiron 1545 this week. But a few quick questions.. Does sleep work, and if not, are there ways to fix it, and how long does the battery last(how many cells you using). Any lagging, or something else not working(even every once in a while). I'm thinking on getting the 4 gigs of ram (and does it run the dual core?). Is it worth it?

I'm sorry for asking all these questions, but i like to learn, and i want this to work as well as possible.

Any help is well appreciated, and ill let you know how it goes after.

You'r welcome, And to answer All your questions, No sleep does not work, I know there is a few sleep kext that you could try, But i haven't. But everthing else works perfect. Also there is no lag none what so ever, Perfect. I would go with the 4gigs, As this will speed things up. And yes it does run the dual core great. As far as the battery it last just as long as it would running windows. Is it worth it HELL YES GO BUY ONE,

hope this helps if you need anything feel free to ask.

Thanks so much for getting back so fast. Ya, when i get it i will have to try the sleep options, but until that happens, just turn off every time I'm done. And surprisingly enough, best buy is cheaper on the laptop by about $50 at least, even with dells "$160 off". 450+ tax, compared to 499+tax and shipping.(Same Specs) Most likely im going to buy the model with 250gb drive and 3 gigs ram, and buy ram from there and install, still cheaper. Update me if you get the sleep working too. That would be a big plus. Oh, just wondering to videos on you tube run slow at all?(in high def too)

But again, whats the max life(time) you have got out of your battery?

And ive read people are having problems shutting down their dell 1545s, have you had any trouble with that?

Thanks again

Thanks so much for getting back so fast. Ya, when i get it i will have to try the sleep options, but until that happens, just turn off every time I'm done. And surprisingly enough, best buy is cheaper on the laptop by about $50 at least, even with dells "$160 off". 450+ tax, compared to 499+tax and shipping.(Same Specs) Most likely im going to buy the model with 250gb drive and 3 gigs ram, and buy ram from there and install, still cheaper. Update me if you get the sleep working too. That would be a big plus. Oh, just wondering to videos on you tube run slow at all?(in high def too)

But again, whats the max life(time) you have got out of your battery?

And ive read people are having problems shutting down their dell 1545s, have you had any trouble with that?

Thanks again

Thats a great price, for that hardware, And as far as battery life i have a 6 cell i usually get about 6-7 hours and ive had no problems with shutting down, as far as videos on youtube and hi-def they all run just fine no lag or anything, and i will update as soon as i get sleep to work.

Hey gbonilla, I Wish i Had QE/CI support With The 3100 Kext, But No Luck, Im Working On It And Hope To Post Something Within the Next Week About It.

Only Two Things Left For A Perfect Install

QE/CI Support

&

Sleep

Megaupload says it is temporarily unavalable.

Please Try At Least Twice Before You Post The Link Is Not Available

I Have Just Checked And All Links Are Working Perfect .

Maybe Try Refreshing Your Page Or Restarting Your Computer,And Try Again.

hell yes!! thank you so much for this tutorial!! i've been looking for that since a long time ago!!

i'm downloading the file right now, will let you know if i manage to work it out!!

also for the QE/CI, i'll try the part of this tutorial ( http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=197713 ) about the fix, i belive you can do the same!

cheers

hell yes!! thank you so much for this tutorial!! i've been looking for that since a long time ago!!

i'm downloading the file right now, will let you know if i manage to work it out!!

also for the QE/CI, i'll try the part of this tutorial ( http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=197713 ) about the fix, i belive you can do the same!

cheers

No Problem, Your Welcome And Thanks For The Link Ill Check It Out. And If You Have Any Question Feel To Ask.

some help needed here... ;) i'm being stuck between this step "You Should See Some Scrolling, And Then Mac OS X Snow Leopard Installation Will Begin" and the next one, once i lunch the retails SL dvd, a white apple shows up with the loading ring, then the screen becomes totally white, then some "lines" appears on the screen, and then absolute white screen again, for 20minutes now, and the dvd player is reading nothing anymore... i realy don't see why it couldn't work, feeling desperate... :D

some help needed here... ;) i'm being stuck between this step "You Should See Some Scrolling, And Then Mac OS X Snow Leopard Installation Will Begin" and the next one, once i lunch the retails SL dvd, a white apple shows up with the loading ring, then the screen becomes totally white, then some "lines" appears on the screen, and then absolute white screen again, for 20minutes now, and the dvd player is reading nothing anymore... i realy don't see why it couldn't work, feeling desperate... :D

Hey willz let me ask you a few questions so i can better help you, are you using the boot321 cd i uploaded? are you using the retail snow leopard install disk ? have you formatted your drive using something like hirens boot cd or acronis disk manager to fat32? and please also post your specs, and have you tried booting in verbose mode

Well so i bought it, and installed!!! It works, im on it right now. But a few questions. First my sound buttons F7, F8, F9 work as it shows the volume being changed, but the volume doesnt actually change. Also did you have the problem that when you turned your wireless off with F2, it turned off but wouldnt turn back on?

Any fixes for these?

Well so i bought it, and installed!!! It works, im on it right now. But a few questions. First my sound buttons F7, F8, F9 work as it shows the volume being changed, but the volume doesnt actually change. Also did you have the problem that when you turned your wireless off with F2, it turned off but wouldnt turn back on?

Any fixes for these?

Well Congrats On The New Computer, As Far As Your Sound And Wireless Problems

Ive Never Needed To Shut My Wireless Off, So No I dont Know How To Fix That Problem And As

Far As The Sound You Could Always Try A Different Sound Kext, Do A search For Dell 1545 Sound Kexts That Might Help you or ask for help here in the forums.

After installing SleepEnabler.kext I get kernell panic! Can I skip SleepEnabler.kext ?

The 1366 x 768 Resolution does not nork for me! In system profiler says "Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded" Is this because i didn't install "SleepEnabler.kext" , when i'm trying to install SleepEnabler i get kernell panic! pls help

Hey willz let me ask you a few questions so i can better help you, are you using the boot321 cd i uploaded? are you using the retail snow leopard install disk ? have you formatted your drive using something like hirens boot cd or acronis disk manager to fat32? and please also post your specs, and have you tried booting in verbose mode

Ok, thank you!!

specs:

- C2D p8600

- 4go ddr2 ram

- ati MR HD 4330 256

- hard drive toshiba MK3255GSX ATA 320go

yes i have bought a retails dvd of snow leopard (got it for Xmas)

yes i use your boot132 iso.

My hard drive has curently 2 partitions, first one has Windows 7 installed on it, the second one is for SL, i formated it has NTFS. I formated it with the windows utility, i could do it with partition magic of even mac os leopard if you want...

and yes tried booting in verbose mode, still doing the same...

waiting for your response :)

Sorry for another noobish question.. But im kinda new to Mac, so when you say to get the display in 1366x768 install kext files(which i did), but stick the other file in the root of the Mac. I dont know exactly where you mean by the root. Just cause im used to windows. But if you could help me with that it would be amazing.

Sorry for another noobish question.. But im kinda new to Mac, so when you say to get the display in 1366x768 install kext files(which i did), but stick the other file in the root of the Mac. I dont know exactly where you mean by the root. Just cause im used to windows. But if you could help me with that it would be amazing.

The root of your drive is like the c: drive in windows, go to your above toolbar, then go to go, then go to computer, your c: drive is located here under what you named it, double click on it, and paste the dsdt file right there with everything else. dont forget to restart your computer, if it didnt work try again it took me a couple of times hope this helps.

I am interested in getting a dell 1545. What hardware specs does your machine have doriean?

Thanks,

Biggie.

Hey Biggie My Hardware Specs Are......

Intel Core 2 duo T6600 2.20GHz/800MHz FSB/2MB

320GB SATA HD

256MB ATI MOBILE RADEON HD4330

6 CELL BATTERY

DELL WIRELESS 1397 802.11G HALF-MINI CARD

INTERGRATED WEBCAM 1.3

4GB DUAL CHANNEL 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM

DVD+/-RW WITH DUAL LAYER DVD+R WRITE CAPABILITY

Hope This Helps And Good Luck With The Buy

Hey Biggie My Hardware Specs Are......

Intel Core 2 duo T6600 2.20GHz/800MHz FSB/2MB

320GB SATA HD

256MB ATI MOBILE RADEON HD4330

6 CELL BATTERY

DELL WIRELESS 1397 802.11G HALF-MINI CARD

INTERGRATED WEBCAM 1.3

4GB DUAL CHANNEL 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM

DVD+/-RW WITH DUAL LAYER DVD+R WRITE CAPABILITY

Hope This Helps And Good Luck With The Buy

I got Snow Leopard installed no issues using my retail DVD, when I installed all of the kexts in the step before the boot loader I got that nasty "you need to restart your mac" message and after that OSX would not boot again, I am now in the process of reinstalling it but wondering what I did wrong.. :P

EDIT: My specs don't match yours wonder if that could be the reason..?

Inspiron 1545, Intel Core 2 Duo T6500, 2.1GHz, 800Mhz, 2M L2 Cache

3GB, DDR2, 800MHz 2 Dimm

15.6 High Definition+ (900p) Bright LED Display with TrueLife

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD

250G 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

So I take it I MIGHT be out of luck? :P

Edit: 2 Got everything installed and the kexts are done minus the enablesleep I suspect that was the issue before, so far only issue I have is the touchpad is too SENSITIVE and the prefvodoo crashes if I try to use it to change anything..