• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Jimi4

Jimi4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Is January for my birthday I am getting a HP Presario Z200Z, because my old Dell is about to just die. But, in my room I have my Xbox 360 connected to a monitor. I work in the summer but this summer I am saving up for other things (Nintendo Wii, Jerseys, Sneakers, etc.) But, next year in the summer I want to buy a Mac Mini for my room. My question is... I know the Mac Mini accepts VGA monitors, but what kind of cables do I need to be allowed two different machines connected to the monitor at once and then I just pick which one I want? Or, is it the monitor? Or if I just get the cable then will it be which ever set of hardware that monitor recieves signal from first? Thanks alot for all of the help!!!

gwprod12

gwprod12

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts
I dont know about an xbox 360, but with two computers, you could use a USB-compatible KVM switch

Jimi4

Jimi4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I dont know about an xbox 360, but with two computers, you could use a USB-compatible KVM switch

But, what if the Monitor doesnt accept USB? Can you explain this method?

gwprod12

gwprod12

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts
ROFLMAO.

The usb is for the keyboard and mouse, not the monitor.

(a standard kvm only has ps2, and obviously a mac mini doesnt support ps2)

Jimi4

Jimi4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

ROFLMAO.

The usb is for the keyboard and mouse, not the monitor.

(a standard kvm only has ps2, and obviously a mac mini doesnt support ps2)

Well the 360 is just like having two computers connected together! So lets say it like this. Could I have two computers connected when the monitor is not multi-sync via a specific cable that splits both VGA signals? And the monitor will get which ever VGA signal it gets first?

-TiLT-

-TiLT-

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
This will do the job

http://www.connectte...products_id=412

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy