Mac Pro Keyboard causes Hackintosh to freeze on boot

Charlie Pace

1 post in this topic

I have a strange one...

I have my Hackintosh running with no problem. I have been using an older Mac Keyboard from my G4 MDD on both that machine and this PC as I was building it up with no problems.

However, once I got this machine running, I gave the Mac to my son along with the keyboard. So I went out and bought me a shiny new Mac Pro Aluminum Keyboard. I come home, plug it in to the USB slot, I boot it up and when I get to the Intel boot screen, it just sits there, and sits there, and sits there. I never get the opportunity to press F2 to go into the Bios, nothing.

After playing with it, I have figured out that if I unplug the keyboard and let it boot into the OS splash screen (I run Windows & Mac on this machine with the same result on both) and then plug it in, I am fine. In fact, I can restart the machine and I am fine, as long as I do not power down.

So my thoughts are that power is not getting to the Mac Pro Keyboard until after it gets into these screens. Would this be due to a setting in the BIOS? Has anyone else ever ran into this problem?