Parallels 5 guest os Win XP Emagic Logic

starobrno1

5 posts in this topic

I have a bunch of old songs I recorded in Emagic Logic Platinum and decided to test how ELP performs running win xp virtualized. To my surprise so far I can even load and playback 5 guitar rig along with a couple of effects/plugins. I don´t have guitar rig for mac so this opens up some cool options for me, I have´nt tested recording yet but I suspect it will not go so good but still. I probably still will be able to record a dry signal and then play it back through guitar rig.

I´m using an USB soundcard, the kind looking like a usb memory stick. Seems this works better than using my FW Saffire pro 10 i/o. I get some minor probs with the sound but no more than I can live with and when I bounce the songs they sound ok no probs then.

This hopefully should be a fast smart way to move songs over to Apple Logic and at the same time being able to keep sounds created with software/plugins I don´t have for apple Logic.

Hallå and Merry Christmas.

Yes I will and I can´t load win only plugins under osx. ELP is in no way working 100 % as good as it would under windows but still this is very usefull since you don´t have to dual boot. And any "taking these old songs further" I would do would in Apple Logic anyway. Now I can bounce tracks or complete songs and import them to Apple Logic just to test them out before I decide how to carry on and this without reboot. I can even at least playback tracks with win only plugins and ELP can handle VST so this opens up pretty cool possibilities I think.

Actually I´m pretty impressed with Parallels, I tried both Virtual Box and Fusion and they don´t even come close. Probably windows even if it´s virtualised runs best on PC hardware, simple as that.

Guest aspepteve

Hey Huei.

You could save your Mainstage channel strip settings and use them in Logic.. Don't have to open both Apps at the same time.

I've not tried it but I'm sure you could route the audio from Mainstage to Logic via Soundflower.

R.

Yes probably but I think you missunderstood cause what I´m talking about is being able to run Emagic PC Logic in guest os win xp under osx without reboot. I don´t plan to have both Emagic PC Logic and Apple Logic up running at the same time but I can if I want to.

Just found out I can playback wav through 5 seperate Guitarrigs running PC Logic virtualised.