Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 i7 920 PC-EFI 100% working x64

tinush

80 posts in this topic

I downloaded the combo update and ran from the disk image. I'll try the revised version this weekend.

Thanks,

LD

the only thing i can think of is audio... try removing the enabler and the legacy kext from the extra folder

T.

I downloaded the combo update and ran from the disk image. I'll try the revised version this weekend.

Thanks,

LD

Ok updated today, had no problems (removed audio kext before update to be sure)

So i can't replicate the error

T

After a long struggle, finally I recognized what was wrong.

That was kext for video card(I tried NVenabler 64.kext and NVinject.kext)

After removing kext from /System/Library/Extensions, I managed to start GUI of SL 10.6.2.

But curiously, I can't get diaplay any other res than 1024x768(my display can show 1920x1080).

And also, system profile says my system has only 1GB memory.

Don't you have any suggestions?

Thank you.

I read this and am wondering if you do have the GA-EX58-UD5 Motherboard and the Intel i7 920 CPU, you can use Kakewalk to load Snow Leopard to that computer. I use the USb stick method last week and it was the easiest way to get the entire system working.

http://puru.se/

Ok updated today, had no problems (removed audio kext before update to be sure)

So i can't replicate the error

T

Hi Th,

Thanks for the feedback. I think the problem was a voltage problem from a bad setting after a BIOS update. I think I've solved that as I was able to run the updater without the kernel panic. So far so good.

Regards,

LD

Hi Th,

Thanks for the feedback. I think the problem was a voltage problem from a bad setting after a BIOS update. I think I've solved that as I was able to run the updater without the kernel panic. So far so good.

Regards,

LD

OK :)

T