• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

surgedude

surgedude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everybody. I'll try to be brief but I'm going insane. I just picked up an Xserve G4 and a TrendNet-N router and seem to be having a weird issue. After allowing Screen Sharing and File Sharing on 3 of my Macs they each only see each other as PC servers, thus the screen sharing button isn't there and I can't use my Xserve as a Time Machine backup without resorting to hacks (which I don't even need Server for).

The really bizarre part is that if I do "Go to Server" and put in the afp/vnc and IP I'm able to connect. However, this makes it a real pain to keep all my Macs connected to the wireless since I have to go around and manually connect every single time they disconnect or users sign off.

I'm assuming that this is a Bonjour issue, because obviously the computers are accessible, just not "seen" automatically. One of the whole reasons I bought this setup was to use Leopard Server as a remote Time Machine backup. But at this point is just a passive pain. Perhaps I need to do some port management on the router but I have no idea where to start. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Avery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy