NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS

Video Memory

Up to 1279 MB

Hard Drive

250 GB SATA (5400 rpm)

Multimedia Drive

Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with Double Layer support

Display

15.4" WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800)

Fax/Modem

High speed 56K modem (Conexant)

Network Card

Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RTL8111)

Wireless Connectivity

802.11b/g WLAN

Bluetooth (Broadcom)

Sound

Altec Lansing speakers

3D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound 16 bit integrated (IDT)

Keyboard

101 key compatible keyboard

Pointing Device

Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical and horizontal Scroll Up/Down pad, volume control, mute buttons, 1 Quick Launch Button (ALPS)

PC Card Slots

• One ExpressCard/54 slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)

External Ports

• 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards

• 4 USB 2.0

• 1 HDMI connector (WORKS)

• 1 eSata connector (WORKS)

• 1 VGA port (Not Working)

• 1 RJ45 ethernet connector (WORKS)

• 1 RJ11 modem connector (Not Working)

• 2 headphones-out 1 mic-in (WORKS)

• 1 IEEE 1394 (WORKS)

• HP Pavilion WebCam with Integrated Microphone (WORKS)

• remote control infrared port (TEST)

• HP Mobile Remote Control (TEST)

HP website link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...product=3877199

Installation steps for 10.6

I took out the HD, attached it via USB cable to my Snow Leopard desktop Hackintosh then did the following:

1- Partition the HD using GUID Partition Table. Allocate 40GB for Snow.

2- Inserte the Snow Leopard DVD and launch the installer, choose the new partition and continue.

3- Once the installation was done copy over the /Extra folder for the 10.6.1 to the root of the Snow partition. Then copy the "boot" file there too. Reboot and it should work fine.

4- Copy the desired Kexts from the collection included to your /System/Library/Extensions/

What you need to copy there is:

-Broadcom Wifi

-IDT Sound

-Keyboard & Trackpad ‫Please check the inclosed text on [HOW TO] Get the Trackpad Preference Pane back in 10.6.1 / 10.6‬

-nVidia 9200M GS GPU ->> there are two versions, one that works under 32Bit mode and gives you 1GB of VRAM, and one that works under both 32Bit & 64Bit modes but gives you only 512MB of VRAM. You choose.

-SATA AHCI Fix

-WebCam & USB

later you can update to 10.6.2 using the combo update DMG file from Apple's website, but you MUST remove DSMOS.KEXT from /Extra/Extensions/ to avoid kernel panics.

Also you MUST replace both SleepEnabler.kext & NullCPUPowerManagement.kext with the ones from the 10.6.2 Extra folder.

You could simply copy the whole foolder to your / and replace the original. Always backup first

Please read Netkas post at http://netkas.org/?p=315

I have included Info files and snapshots of my system, please read.

Important

Do NOT disable Button Sound in BIOS, otherwise you wont be able to turn on your Wifi card!

Card Reader Kext is EXPERIMENTAL. It didn't work fine for me. Some reported it as working. Try at your own.

Again, if you update to 10.6.2 You MUST remove DSMOS.KEXT from /Extra/Extensions/ to avoid kernel panics.

Also you MUST replace both SleepEnabler.kext & NullCPUPowerManagement.kext with the ones from the 10.6.2 Extra folder.

Please get the installation package from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mmzmzodzmyk

Hope this helps anyone.

Thanks Netkas!

• 5 weeks later...

I have Installed the 10.6 SL, on my DV5 but I still don't have sound, mouse or keyboard. I read your guide, but I don't know how to install the kext, I tried kext helper and OSX86tolls, but when i put the kext i downloaded in the software, the install button doesn't work and the OSX86 doesn't accept the kext. I need help, thanks.

I have Installed the 10.6 SL, on my DV5 but I still don't have sound, mouse or keyboard. I read your guide, but I don't know how to install the kext, I tried kext helper and OSX86tolls, but when i put the kext i downloaded in the software, the install button doesn't work and the OSX86 doesn't accept the kext. I need help, thanks.

for sound

get file into E/E for SL

IDT_Audio_SL_.zip

for sound

get file into E/E for SL

Can you confirm that, these kexts are working on 10.6.2. They were working great until 10.6.2. After the updates, I can't get it worked again. I think AppleHDA have better sound that VoodooHDA.

May I know which distro you guys used? Please.

I used the original 10.6 DVD that came with my Macbook Pro. It works just fine.

You need to browse to "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages" then launch the "OSInstall.mpkg" to start the installer. Use any running 10.6 machine to do this to avoid a corrupted installation. When I did that from a Leopard installation I ended up with non-working disk utility and some other bugs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can you confirm that, these kexts are working on 10.6.2. They were working great until 10.6.2. After the updates, I can't get it worked again. I think AppleHDA have better sound that VoodooHDA.

I have 10.6.3 running on my system and has working sound with these drivers. (I installed both appleHDA and VoodooHDA. I used kext helper cuz E/E did not work.)

• 4 weeks later...

After updating to 10.6.3, I started to have problems with left usb port, webcam and bluetooth. it happens most of the time. Wifi and Bluetooth on/off button doesn't turn into blue automatically before booting, which was working on 10.6.2. I had to touch it now prior to boot and it only sometimes work.

Does anyone have a similar problem?