newbee with DX58so

devil_hst

1 post in this topic

Ok I read the sticky on how to ask a question and I'll try to follow it as much as I can.

So here is my sytem:

DX58SO mobo

core i7 920

XMS 6GB 1600MHZ RAM

HP DL +\- writer

9500 GT

500 GB (explained later)

8GB Flash (drive if its of any use)

Now the LIMITATIONS that I face:

I have no OTHER mac in any other form. No MAC book pro NO mac pro NO mac air etc etc

I don't even have a hackintosh. and I don't have a mac installed on my computer or on any of my friends computers. They also DONT have a MAC in any form.

the HDD----->I have only one single HDD, no other. None. just my single 500 GB HDD.

also i Have made 3 partitions. 1.WINDOWS 7 (70 GB)

2.EMPTY NTFS PARTITION (70GB)

3. DATA (where i keep all my data (320GB)

I am curruntly running windows 7. One 70 GB partition is empty and I want to install OS X there without formatting any thing else (except that partition ofcourse).

The OS X I want to install is 10.6 Snow lepord. (Ive already downloaded the .dmg file)

Also Ive managed to download lepord iAtkos 10.5.5 just incase.

Now ive done some research and looked into some guides (specifically for my board too) but the one thing that all guides lacked was that "how to get OSX running with just one HDD" or "without a previous mac" or "without formatting the whole of the HDD"

So Im still stuck at square one. CAN ANY ONE please please please please help!! I have no Idea what to do next.....what should I do next!!????

Also how do I convert this .dmg to .iso or sumthing

Now Im a newbee. Ive NEVER used MAC before and want to try it out badly. I dont understand these technical terms kexts and  chameleon or voodoo etc etc. So try to be gentle :)

ANY help is greatly appreciated. thank you in advance :)

Plz reply