Airport

9 posts in this topic

My Airport will just loose signal all together at times. I know it isn't because I'm too far away from the router because it happens when I'm at the desk it is on. It don't think that it's my router, because it happens at my house, my friedns house, and Panera. I do know, however, that all three of these routers are Linksys made. Is there a known issue with Airports and Linksys routers?

...There goes the signal again.

I also have the issue with the Airport when it will show all available networks in the drop down one moment, and the next, it does not see any (I have read about this issue elsewhere in the forum already.)

Ok, so I've been using the WAP for about a day, and it works great when it can connect. When I turn my computer on, it finds a signal fromt he router, but it cannot authenticate properly. Every time I start up the computer, I have to go into system prefs and reset the settings for my wireless connection, including re-entering the WAP key. They key it saves isn't the key i eneterd. For example, my key could be, "ThisisMYkeyibety0uwouldnveguessedit" and it would save as "sdfvdsfjhwe32gg4v23g4vgh3". Can anyone help?

Oh, and with the WAP, it doesn't randomly disconnect as it did with WEP.

I need help, please :( This crappy wireless is driving me crazy!

I can help... What kind of connection are you using?

Dail-up- can't help you

DSL - adminster the Airport and set it up to connect to the PPP automatically, then set up the computer in the network preferences to connect Airport via DHCP(?) and viola, never deal with it agian...

If you're already set up to use it like this, then install all the updates, because when I first go my MBP I had issues similar to the ones your describing and I did some updates and it went away........

PM me if you want to ask a "Q" directly...