OSX setting s-video as primary on boot

Neo Toxin

1 post in this topic

I have a nVidia GeForce 7900GS I am currently using NVenabler, as it is the only one that will allow me to use my s-video port. Now the problem is that when i first turned my system back on after installing the kext it booted to my TV through my s-video port, and my desktop monitor went off. I went into the display settings and got my monitor detected and i set it to primary by dragging the little menu bar thing over. Now everything runs fantastic until i need to reboot, then it goes back to only displaying on my TV, and i have to do the whole process again, except it remembers that i set my monitor to primary, it's just not detecting it automatically when i reboot.

I have tried NVdarwin, NVinject, NVkush, and NVenabler. with nvdarwin my desktop displayed full resolution with Quartz extreme, and hardware accelerated Coreimage, but no s-video. With nvinject i had full resolution but no quartz extreme, and software coreimage, and no s-video. NVkush full res, qe/ci hardware accelerated, no s-video, and the performance when i would play games was not great. Now NVenabler works great if i could just get this little problem resolved. Ive also tired to just disconnect the s-video when i boot, but then all that happens is i get no picture on either of the screens.

System Specs:

OSX 10.5.8 Leopard (iDeneb v1.6)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz

Mobo: Dell XPS 710 (nForce 590 SLi chipset) (nForce SMBIOS, and Voodoo Kernel)

RAM: 3 GB, DDR2 667MHz

HDD: 200GB IDE

AUD: Sigmatel High definition Audio (voodooHDA)

NIC: Broadcom 57XX

GFX: nVidia GeForce 7900 GS