Final Cut 7 issue on Snow Leo 10.6

olegus

3 posts in this topic

Hi.

Have strange issue with freshly installed final cut studio 3.

HW: cpu = i7. mobo = intel extreme dx58so, video = XFX HD4870, HDD = 2x1TB Barracuda.

OS : 10.6 (installed using method with 2 hdds and patch_installer.)

Issue at a glance:

Final cut 7 got issues playing video even in preview. I noticed that time goes 1.5 times faster or so. So, video plays for 1-2 sec and freeze, while slider is still going. Once stopped, picture will update to current frame.

I though this may be related to incorrectly reported CPU data. In about this mac it shows 1 cpu with 4 cores. (?!). Performance monitor however shows 8 bars. Most load is shown on bar 1 3 5 7, but other bars shows some minimum load as well. I think this may full FC ... I checked time - it goes correctly.

If you saw this before, would appreciate some input :unsure:

I have second boot as 10.5.5 iAtkos with FC Studio 2. No issues, all works well on the same HW. 10.5.5 reports 0 CPUs with 8 cores.

• 1 month later...
Hi.

Have strange issue with freshly installed final cut studio 3.

HW: cpu = i7. mobo = intel extreme dx58so, video = XFX HD4870, HDD = 2x1TB Barracuda.

OS : 10.6 (installed using method with 2 hdds and patch_installer.)

Issue at a glance:

Final cut 7 got issues playing video even in preview. I noticed that time goes 1.5 times faster or so. So, video plays for 1-2 sec and freeze, while slider is still going. Once stopped, picture will update to current frame.

I though this may be related to incorrectly reported CPU data. In about this mac it shows 1 cpu with 4 cores. (?!). Performance monitor however shows 8 bars. Most load is shown on bar 1 3 5 7, but other bars shows some minimum load as well. I think this may full FC ... I checked time - it goes correctly.

If you saw this before, would appreciate some input :)

I have second boot as 10.5.5 iAtkos with FC Studio 2. No issues, all works well on the same HW. 10.5.5 reports 0 CPUs with 8 cores.

The 8 bars in activity monitor is normal, it is the Hyperthreading, each core has 2 threads giving you 8 virtual processors.

As far as Final Cut goes, I run FCP 7 on my machine (specs in sig) with no problems, try experimenting with your RT properties, there's a dropdown menu in the top left of the timeline window, hope that helps.

The 8 bars in activity monitor is normal, it is the Hyperthreading, each core has 2 threads giving you 8 virtual processors.

As far as Final Cut goes, I run FCP 7 on my machine (specs in sig) with no problems, try experimenting with your RT properties, there's a dropdown menu in the top left of the timeline window, hope that helps.

I think I found that is the problem (still wondering how to fix it). VoodooHDA kext file I have introduces this issue. Even in Quick time I see similar problem if kext applied. As soon as I remove it and reboot, all video works well, no sound though ....

Please PM me link where you got your kext file ... All I have found on the net introduces this issue to me.

Appreciate your help. :(