Marvell 88e8057 Kext

x500

21 posts in this topic

I am currently in the process of finishing up my install of 10.6 retail using Empire EFI on my EVGA P55 FTW, with a GTS 250. It has Dual Gigabit lan using the Marvell 88E8057 chipset. Right now I am using the Rosewill EasyN1 for internet access, but it is painfully slow since the wireless here sucks. Is there any way I can get this working? I've tried installing some other Marvell Kexts, but they didn't work.

Any idea's?

• 3 weeks later...

X500, you're the only person i could find using the EVGA P55 FTW (so far) on this forum. Can you report what is working and what is not for you on this board?

I'm sorry i'm not in a position to help with the Marvel kexts, but i'm considering building a system with the EVGA motherboard you have and i'm wondering if it is easy or hard to install on it. Which guide/thread did you use for help with installing on this board?

Hello,

You can add your ID in Yukon2.kext or use a plist kext to patch your ID on the fly, that's what I do for my 88E8056 marvel controler

Try to instal this kext in S/L/E and report if it works, I added your ID in the plist, but maybe 88e8057 is too different and it won't work...

cheers

Marvell_88E805x_Ethernet.kext.zip

Hello,

You can add your ID in Yukon2.kext or use a plist kext to patch your ID on the fly, that's what I do for my 88E8056 marvel controler

Try to instal this kext in S/L/E and report if it works, I added your ID in the plist, but maybe 88e8057 is too different and it won't work...

cheers

It didn't work for me in snow leopard =(

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hi all,

I am also working hard to bring my 88e8057 lan card. Still no luck. Installed somme AppleYukon.kext from this forum...It detects my card with 2-3 errors and showing cable is unplugged.

Any body who can help in this?

Will post the dmesg 2mro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I have tried to edit the Yukon2 kext to match the 88E8057 ethernet adapter using EditPad Lite, but it did not work. I changed the vender/model ID's i got from device manager in windows, and i even changed the yukon 2 name from .....53 to ......57 and also corrected the name in the

info.plist file under IONetworkingFamily.kext.

Have any of you got any ideas? EFI string? or is that only for Graphics?

And what about a DSDT patch?

I cannot get mac to recognize an ethernet card is installed. I have hazard snow leopard 10.6.6i and i got my ALC275 audio working.

I have a sony VPCF13FYX with an i7 740QM board with nvidia 425m.

I attached the kext for ALC275 if anybody needs it.

VoodooHDA.kext.rar

Any luck anywhere guys? Rather than just posting and doing nothing ive been studying the source code for the 8001 driver on the other thread. wonder how hard it'd be to modify...

Also, just an FYI, i know linux supports it now, so if we could find a source code...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...