WG112v2 comfirm it work well with 10.5.2, 10.5.3, 10.5.4

is it working with WPA2?

Miah586

Miah586

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I got my WG111 V2 working with Kalyway 10.5.1 working reliably and here's how I did it.

1. Install the realtek drivers referenced earlier in this thread. Be sure to install RTL8187L, not RTL8187B. I tried the B initially, but it wouldn't work.

2. Run the realtek application and get the bouncing blue crab. The app window said to turn on the WLAN from network settings in sys prefs.

3. Go into network from the system preferences. Mine showed no new network options, but the blue led on the WG111 was flashing every once in a while, so I knew something was working. The two options my network showed was "Ethernet" and "Firewire", which have always been there. There was nothing saying WLAN or wireless.

4. Click on the + button to create a new network connection. I noticed there was now three options under the first dropdown, one Firewire and two Ethernet options. There used to be only one Firewire and one Ethernet option in that dropdown.

5. Click on the first Ethernet option and click create. If you don't name it yourself, it will probably name it "Ethernet 2". You can rename it later if you want.

6. On the "Configure:" dropdown, select "Using DHCP with manual address".

7. In the "IP Address:" space, assign a IP address that won't conflict with other wireless tech on your network. Chances are, your wireless router is assigning DHCP numbers like 192.168.0.2, 192.168.0.3, etc... Pick something higher like 192.168.0.15.

8. Under "DNS Server:" and "Search Domains:" I copied the boxes exactly as they were from my wired connections in the same boxes (my wired ethernet connection was working before this).

9. Click "Apply". Everything came to life.

10. Go back to the realtek app. Click on the "Available Networks" tab, and find your WLAN. Click on your network, which will open another window. I entered by WPA_PSK key, and the card connected to the network.

11. Go back to the "Available Networks" tab and highlight the network you just signed into. Click on the "Add to Profile" button. This will save this network in the Profile tab, and will automatically sign into this network when you boot.

Thats it. I have been using it for a few days, and I have had 0 problems or disconnects. I'm happy with this because my laptop has the intel 3945abg built in wireless, which still has no working drivers.

jvanbrecht`

jvanbrecht`

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
For some reason, mine is not working at all :( which version of the WG111 do you have. I have py3wg111v2 running on a dell vostro... I do not believe its a usb port issue as most of my other peripherals work just fine (mouse, external drive etc)

cicada

cicada

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
This thread was a big help in setting me in the right direction. I wouldn't have thought to download realtek's drivers. Thanks.

My Netgear WG111 v2 USB wireless works perfectly now on Kalyway 10.5.2

I downloaded the drivers linked to earlier and noted that the RTL8187L driver has now been updated for 10.5 and intel archetecture. Installed, restarted, had to enable a new ethernet in network preferences (not sure why ethernet?) and then added something called "4 to 6" (very mysterious sounding). I applied, restarted again (maybe don't need to restart but played it safe) and then the blue crab did his jump dance and I configured my connection from there. Tested WEP and worked no problem. Even made and adhoc network and shared the wired connection I have to my iPhone (which is what I had in mind all along) :P

Macedonian

Macedonian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I got my WG111 V2 working with Kalyway 10.5.1 working reliably and here's how I did it.

1. Install the realtek drivers referenced earlier in this thread. Be sure to install RTL8187L, not RTL8187B. I tried the B initially, but it wouldn't work.

2. Run the realtek application and get the bouncing blue crab. The app window said to turn on the WLAN from network settings in sys prefs.

3. Go into network from the system preferences. Mine showed no new network options, but the blue led on the WG111 was flashing every once in a while, so I knew something was working. The two options my network showed was "Ethernet" and "Firewire", which have always been there. There was nothing saying WLAN or wireless.

4. Click on the + button to create a new network connection. I noticed there was now three options under the first dropdown, one Firewire and two Ethernet options. There used to be only one Firewire and one Ethernet option in that dropdown.

5. Click on the first Ethernet option and click create. If you don't name it yourself, it will probably name it "Ethernet 2". You can rename it later if you want.

6. On the "Configure:" dropdown, select "Using DHCP with manual address".

7. In the "IP Address:" space, assign a IP address that won't conflict with other wireless tech on your network. Chances are, your wireless router is assigning DHCP numbers like 192.168.0.2, 192.168.0.3, etc... Pick something higher like 192.168.0.15.

8. Under "DNS Server:" and "Search Domains:" I copied the boxes exactly as they were from my wired connections in the same boxes (my wired ethernet connection was working before this).

9. Click "Apply". Everything came to life.

10. Go back to the realtek app. Click on the "Available Networks" tab, and find your WLAN. Click on your network, which will open another window. I entered by WPA_PSK key, and the card connected to the network.

11. Go back to the "Available Networks" tab and highlight the network you just signed into. Click on the "Add to Profile" button. This will save this network in the Profile tab, and will automatically sign into this network when you boot.

Thats it. I have been using it for a few days, and I have had 0 problems or disconnects. I'm happy with this because my laptop has the intel 3945abg built in wireless, which still has no working drivers.

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT!!
Worked for me!!

YOU 'R DA MAN!!

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSS ;)

MrDJ

MrDJ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Still getting the DAMN bouncing crab and the program still does not load...tried going and adding the hardware first...still nothing

_Psy_

_Psy_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
where can i find RTL8187L driver to leopard ? i've got Netgear WG111V2 is this driver do i hv to install? does it work on leopard ?

and also am i going to hv any problem because i have a lan from realtek too?

Tkz

_Psy_

_Psy_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
I can`t understand, i`m connect and after a while i lost connection,

on wep i lost connection fast.. around 5minutes, but using wep2 ask takes longet to lose connection!

i configured manually on my mac and using RTL8187L i found on this thread.

does anyone can help me? bahong, what did you do ?

Tkz

banhong

banhong

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Hi, _Psy_

I use driver from wiki page, http://wiki.osx86pro...10.5.2#Wireless
I don't sure, cause i have do a lot to solve shutdown problem.
But since first time i installed WG112v2, it work smoothly.

My network use WEP.

_Psy_

_Psy_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
bahong, what leopard r u using ?

and what versions did you take from that site? can you tell me? i was looking and looks the same driver and the other one is the older!

iam using this driver: 87_Mac10.4_v1309.zip and i can connect but after while i lost connection!!

what else do i hv to do it? who figure out how to work on leopard 10.5 ?

Tkz

banhong

banhong

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
I use that driver too.

May be i have modified IONetworkingFamily.kext to solve some problem.

I think you problem is from the kext.
So you may try IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4 (back up first)

Good luck.

_Psy_

_Psy_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
so, do i have to install again from my install dvd ?

Tkz

_Psy_

_Psy_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
pleeasse guys help me, this issue is driving me crazy :)

iam losting my connection every 20min or something like this, seens my ethernet is losing my IP, is strange, i hv to change my internal ip and wait to connect again!

freshr1

freshr1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, I'm having issues with WG111 v2 also. It connects and then disconnects like 5-10min later. Running Kalyway 10.5.3 kalyway update, vanilla kernel, and RTL L driver. Using WPA2. I'll try WEP tonight.

snifferdog

snifferdog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Just a quick note to say that the NetGear WG111 v3 works for me, using the Realtek 8187B drivers available on Realtek's website. I am running Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 and things seem very stable, touch wood.

wasztar

wasztar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
WG111 v2 and v3 are working with Kalyway 10.5.4 Detected as an Ethernet Controller with RTL8187L. Realtek drivers which can be found here:
http://www.realtek.c...;Downloads=true (WG11 v3)

snifferdog

snifferdog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
That's odd. Mine is an RTL8187B. Vendor ID (as shown in System Profiler under USB) is 846, product ID 4260.

retrend

retrend

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
the crab thing just bounces and doesnt let me open it. I dont get a third item in my network preferences when I have installed the B drivers. I am on a wgv111 v2, kalyway 10.5.2 and a dell inspiron 6400.

Any ideas?

snifferdog

snifferdog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
The crab thing just bounces if the 'Mac' has failed to recognise your dongle. Try running the System Profiler and see if your dongle has turnd up under 'Hi Speed USB'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy