* * * * * 18 votes

• Please log in to reply
1054 replies to this topic

Smith@@™

Smith@@™

InsanelyMac LOL

• Retired
  • 2,928 posts
  • Interests:Dark matter and dark energy. E basta. HD3000. E basta.

Off,

There is no built-in 01, that is also wrong, really dunno who had that brilliant idea, apple use only 00

Oh, finally;) many wrong by using built-in 01, and are in many! So far I was not able to find exact confirmation, finally.

Hence only built-in 00 and sun only for pci. I hope that now everything is correct. Thanks

Edit:
What is soldered on my board (the 2 lan i talk) get the built in property automate, so i delete the built-in code from they.

I add the built-in 00 only for pci airport. The sun obviously is only for this last

Edit: I have remove all built-in from code for pci and onboard(lan etcetc) and all works amazing the same.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,165 posts

Well I am a member over in the EFI-X users forum where Asere was hanging out doing DSDT.

Yeah, I've seen you in there. I keep my eye on that forum :)

The buzz was he was having some sort of a legal dispute. I don't know with who or why though. They even locked his DSDT thread. Maybe the Apple police got him or something. It hard to believe a guy as active as Asere would just disappear like that unless something happend.

Thanks for the info. I hope that's not the case.

HAY BlackOSX now maybe you should be looking over your shoulder too *LOL* With all these big names going AWOL.

ROFL.. thanks. I'm flattered you even put me in the same bracket, but I only dream of possessing their skills. I just read a lot.

But indeed they disappear like others who "smoked" the voodoo magic... :D

"smoked" the voodoo magic..
Ha ha.. That's a good one.... I like that phrase :D

a2h

a2h

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I'm new to hackintoshing, so please excuse me if I come off as stupid.

Anyway, I'm interested in installing Chameleon RC5, from what I can see, I've found an installer for an older pre version, and that the trunk versions are stable enough for ordinary use according to some.

Any recommendations on what I do, and whether I should install RC4 instead and not worry about RC5? I remember reading somewhere that RC5 would have some feature related to multibooting that would be quite useful, and I've also seen that RC5 has a prefpane.

atlee

atlee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
Pre 18, r112 works and boots fine but does not detect memory modules properly so i now have to place my smbios file back into /Extra folder.

I'm using DDR3 1600Mhz
Shows as DDR2 800Mhz

drule

drule

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Thanks for the info. I hope that's not the case.

Locking of the thread was done by the admins only because he hadn't been on the forum in a while, they said they'd unlock it if re-appeared and requested them to do so - no legal issues at all.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
News flash: Not missing. I just got a new boat and we decided to go out and sail for a couple of months... No worries!!!

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,165 posts
He's Alive!.. Good to hear you are still around Master Chief. :(

I just got a new boat and we decided to go out and sail for a couple of months...

Wow. That sound exciting, enjoy your trip.

My sea legs are non-existent leaving me feeling sick at the slightest wave.

digital_dreamer

digital_dreamer

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

News flash: Not missing. I just got a new boat and we decided to go out and sail for a couple of months... No worries!!!

Ah ha!
Okay, so we officially don't feel sorry for you. :)

Questions:
Did Apple buy this boat for you? :P
Is the rest of the Chameleon team with you? :P

Enjoy the trip and think of us now and then, like once a month or so.
:(

MAJ

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

whatever floats your boat !
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealious - enjoy!

Freaky Chokra

Freaky Chokra

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Hi MasterChief!

Guess, your 'Situation' reminds me of the Brit movie "The Boat That Rocked"....

Needn't Say More, Now Do We!

Regards,
Freaky Chokra :ninja:

shortman1984

shortman1984

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
woo hooo the new pre release fixed my memory issue...now showing 1333 mhz ddr3 :)

shortman1984

shortman1984

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

woo hooo the new pre release fixed my memory issue...now showing 1333 mhz ddr3 :(

ok..take that back, it was pre11 that worked..i put pre18 on there and it went back to 800 mhz. so i put pre11 back on there

iBdb

iBdb

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Ladies and Gentlemen, without further ado, let me introduce...

A fully working, Windows friendly, installer.
It installs Chameleon 2 RC5 pre8 and the preference pane 2.0.0 RC4 to your HDD or USB stick.

Advantages:

• Windows Vista/7 boot loader will no longer break.
  • Chameleon boot loader will start even if the Windows partition is the one set active. (fixes Windows sleep issue).
  • All the advantages of the new boot loader and prefpane.
============================================================================

I have just finished modifying blackosx's code as required, integrated it in my installer's script, installed it and Windows 7 still boots. :) :)
This is still experimental. Please use at your own risk, and report how it goes.
It's always recommended to have a Chameleon boot CD at hand.

Edit: R2 contains a small cleanup.

Hi Dr Hurt,
Thanks absolutely awesome. Works stable no worries with my setup (see signature).

EDIT: I don't get full sleep (H/D) in Win7 & S/L sometimes does not shutdown fully (H/D)

Gabo_c

Gabo_c

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
i'm still getting unknown cpu on about this mac and nothing on system profiler even with <key>SMcputype</key>
<string>769</string> on smbios.plist the only one method that works is with the cpuinjector.kext....it's a e7600 same on imac10,1 strange right?

dimon2242

dimon2242

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Works card NVidia GeForce 320M with prescription GraphicsEnabler = yes, but does not work shut down and restart!
Without this option, graphics acceleration is not working, but the laptop shuts down and restarts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy