Chameleon 2.0 FINAL "release" Installer

Dr. Hurt

129 posts in this topic

Updated the first post to add the fina, stable release of Chameleon 2.0. Enjoy ;)

Stable, wellllll. After using TonyMac's version and never being able to boot into 64bit mode, yet Andy's version did. Andy mentioned that Chameleon is better supported. So today I tried it and after a few tinkers in the settings I'm booting into 64bit mode consistently. The problem is the hard drive/partition list is jumping around. Just when I think I got it it changes and the default drive is not a boot partition! Oy! I have to choose NOT the drive I want and it then picks Snow Leopard. I tried the check box with the swap hd choices and it doesn't help. Any ideas? I downloaded the new one at post #1 today. (8/20)

Thanks for solving my big issue, now lets kill this one! :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hm, sounds good ... but ...

First: Chameleon works great and boots into Mac and Win without problems.

After a windows crash and a reinstall of windows ..

The Win-bootloader appears and works well

Then i've installed EasyBCD under Windows and added a new Boot-Entry for MacOS

If i now select MacOS on the Windows Bootloader, my previous Chameleon appears and works too

OK: In this situation i be able to boot both systems first over the ugly windows-booter and second with chameleon. But i prefer Chameleon as first bootmanager.

After a while i realized, that my win-partition is the active partition.

How can i set my mac-partition back to be active in terminal?

Specs:

Partition-sheme: MBR

1st partition: HFS+ with SL 10.6.2, primary

2nd partition: NTFS with Win7, primary, system, boot, active

Windows-bootloader installed only on 2nd partition

How can i set my mac-partition back to be active in terminal?

TIA

• 2 years later...

I am having to re do everything on my machine due to a catastrophic disk failure, my back is kind of recent but I'm having to re install a bunch of stuff. I decided to add win7 as I have a valid disk and wanted to try it out. I guess rebuilding wasn't difficult enough for me. Anyway my old version of chameleon had been added to a grub list so I could use the app store etc. this has stopped working and most of the current boot loaders don't seem to work with 10.6.8 and win 7, I'm giving yours a try and will let you know. Thanks CFI