Chameleon 2.0 FINAL "release" Installer

Dr. Hurt

129 posts in this topic

any idea why it says

Model Name:	iMac
 Model Identifier:	iMac8,1

I have to separate hd first one is installed with OS X 10.5.8 and second one is SL 10.6.2. when i was in 10.5.8 by default installed to 10.5.8 all is working just that the above i wanted it to be Mac Pro3,1.

anyway good work.

thank you.

regards.

Just tried installing it on 10.5.8. It appeared to install correctly but on rebooting the bootloader was still the old version. It doesn't seem to have broken anything other than it turned all of my drive icons orange... But the bootloader seems to have not been updated.

I created another installer: (V3)

Change Log:

1- Added rekursor's modified boot which allows changing the UUID.

2- Added a more advanced script. Fixes some errors some people were having at boot.

3- Added option to install boot loader to partitions other than the one to which OS X is installed.

To change UUID, add the following to your boot.plist

<key>SystemID</key>

<string>xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx</string>

Replace System ID with any UUID you want. I used my MAC address.

OS X will use this to make a different Hardware UUID. (like on real Macs - I think)

Please tell me how this goes.

Edit: I put this in the first post.

Chameleon_2.0_RC4_V3.zip

Dr. Hurt

Sorry, my last post was just for your intentions, to make real UUID, your fixes didn't work at this moment, I have same UUID as before...

One question:

For UUID, did you delete this line?:

static EFI_CHAR8 const SYSTEM_ID[] = {0xf5,0x0e,0xd0,0x89,0x0c,0xa8,0xf4,0xeb,0xc0,0x5c,0xa3,0x2a,0xdf,0xfa,0xdb,0x72

};

and edited this one?:

DT__AddProperty(efiPlatformNode, SYSTEM_ID_PROP, sizeof(SYSTEM_ID), (EFI_UINT32*)&SYSTEM_ID);

Dr. Hurt

Sorry, my last post was just for your intentions, to make real UUID, your fixes didn't work at this moment, I have same UUID as before...

One question:

For UUID, did you delete this line?:

static EFI_CHAR8 const SYSTEM_ID[] = {0xf5,0x0e,0xd0,0x89,0x0c,0xa8,0xf4,0xeb,0xc0,0x5c,0xa3,0x2a,0xdf,0xfa,0xdb,0x72

};

and edited this one?:

DT__AddProperty(efiPlatformNode, SYSTEM_ID_PROP, sizeof(SYSTEM_ID), (EFI_UINT32*)&SYSTEM_ID);

This is a bit off topic since we're discussing the installer here. No problem though.

I'm not the one who fixed the UUID issue. It was recursor. Have a look here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...01902&st=20

Apparently there are 2 ways to fix the UUID issue. First is to inject the Hardware UUID (PlatformUUID) directly, and second is to inject the System ID and let OS X use that to create the PlatformUUID (better method). IntVar patch put a fixed SystemID which caused OS X to create a fixed PlatformUUID for all of us. rekursor fixed this by adding the ability to inject different SystemID. This allows OS to create a unique UUID for different systems to avoid conflicts.

In my case I added the following to the boot.plist

<key>SystemID</key>
<string>00000000-0000-1000-8000-001FD0047786</string> <- My MAC address

OS X used this ID to create a different PlatformUUID (Hardware UUID): (see it in System Profiler)

Hardware UUID: 5EC0C511-A394-5E8B-9858-E44308EDC9A8

What I did in V3 was update the package to include rekursor's patch, added a more advanced script to set partition active and avoid some errors at start up, and modify the installer to allow installation to different partitions.

34 downloads of V3 and not a single report. Anyone?

Where are the people who were having problems with the older version?

OS X will use this to make a different Hardware UUID. (like on real Macs - I think)

i don't think so, because if put a real MAC address from a real mac it gives me another UUID than the one in the real mac, but it works anyway

but my real iMac have this UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-001B639AD7D4 <- Ethernet MAC adres.

so why convert 00000000-0000-1000-8000-xxxxxxxxxxxx UUID's to xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx UUID's on hackintoshes?? :rolleyes:

Becuase this is the old method used by apple to assign the platform UUID, now it's different on the new mac. You can use MACtoPlatforUUID to find your UUID using the MAC address like apple do now, but is useless because RC4 would change it if used with the SystemID string

IntVar's patch alone make us all have the same UUID.

It doesn't really matter what system-id we use or Hardware UUID is generated or used. The point of rekursor's patch is to allow different PCs to have different UUIDs to avoid conflicts. Anything else more than that is cosmetic.

I personally removed the system-id from the boot.plist because I don't see any use for it. (I only have one PC)

NOW PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT UUID MATTERS HERE. THIS THREAD IS FOR THE "INSTALLER" ONLY.

IntVar's patch alone make us all have the same UUID.

It doesn't really matter what system-id we use or Hardware UUID is generated or used. The point of rekursor's patch is to allow different PCs to have different UUIDs to avoid conflicts. Anything else more than that is cosmetic.

I personally removed the system-id from the boot.plist because I don't see any use for it. (I only have one PC)

NOW PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT UUID MATTERS HERE. THIS THREAD IS FOR THE "INSTALLER" ONLY.

Tested v3 working good.

Many thanks

Tested v3 working good.

Many thanks

Thanks. I'll update the first post as soon as I have get a chance. I'm really sick now, and have sooooo much studying so I can barely see what I'm typing.

Bye

hallo, dr. hurt, r3 installing on other disk/partition feature was very useful for me.

your package as maybe only one did NOT damagged my other ntfs partition, but worked on 2nd try - maybe some bug - after 1st try and restart - bootloader hangs on black screen with single line of corrupted text/hex symbols. after 2nd installation everything ok...

trying r4 on another machine :rolleyes:

thanx for your work,

dnine 

Hi Dr.Hurt

The First version installed correctly, but didn't work (maybe cause I don't know how to use arch=i386 ?) (The grey screen of the death appers asking me to switch off the PC)

The v2, didn't install. (other chameleon versions did not install either)

Thanks!