Snowy Wind OSX on MSI Wind U100

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I don't have either a Mac or a external DVD Driver. Thus I tried this Guide

It works fine, now I have a bootable SL 10.6 on my 8GB USB stick.

What I want now is, to copy this to my internal 160GB drive. I tried the Disk Utility (Restore from USB stick), but it didn't work. I tried it with Option MBR. Does it care, if I choose MBR or GUID?

How do I get WLAN an ethernet running?

What I am suprised about is, that there is this SnowyWindOSX release an nearly no support or guides.

Have I left out any steps after the installation? There is a tool "Netbookinstaller", but what does is do?

dear unhelpfull chump,

if u don't doing anything else then reading stuff about hackintosh, u know what u have to search for and u know when u find something, if it's helpfull and matches or not. If I have my working MSI hackintosh, I'll also say: eeeasy.

If I search for "snowy wind OS x guide", there are only torrent and DL pages.... Ah no, there is also this thread in third position, but.... OH no 4th is also my thread in the german area

thank (a f) you

LOL! I think we should just shut down all internet forums and tell people to just "google" the answer!!

Seriously, with the demise of the MSI Wind Forums (which was one of the reasons I selected a U100), the amount of good information out there is very very difficult to find. My U100 is now running Windows 7 only. I'd like to give snowy wind osx a try, but without a good community to research and help me learn about issues/solutions, I think I'm just going to stick with Windows 7.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone. Thank you in advance for your attention and time.

Excuse my English is not the best.

I installed on an MSI Wind U100, 3 operating systems (Windows 7, Ubuntu 9.10 and OSX Snow Leopard). I used a dvd for osx snowy wind. Everything went fine, the boot loader osx sees all operating systems and makes them start properly, except that on Windows 7 and Ubuntu 9.10, the touch pad does not work even if it's installed correctly. OSX, everything is recognized and functioning.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks again for your time.